CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has gone so quiet. It makes me sad. She is somewhere. She likely needs help. She needs to be found. We haven't forgotten you. My opinion only.

I have followed Karlie's case since the beginning. Unfortunately, there doesn't really seem to be any clues or leads at all. I look for updates several times a week and it's always nothing. I hope someday something breaks in the case.

I have followed Karlie's case since the beginning. Unfortunately, there doesn't really seem to be any clues or leads at all. I look for updates several times a week and it's always nothing. I hope someday something breaks in the case.
Agree with both of you... this case is so complex and worrying. I just hope Karlie is at peace.

Are her parents still actively searching/posting/updating ....anything? MOO

The "official" FB is still very active with her stepmom posting quite frequently. I know there are other FB groups with other family that are also quite active in posting. People seem to be talking a lot about Karlie. John Walsh just recently did a short little blip about her yesterday and she was also talked about on Dr. Oz yesterday too. Despite all the talking and press there still appears to be nothing. Hopefully, some tips will come in I know after the stepmom and dad went on DP LE said they got quite a few tips but I never heard anything more about them.

There were witnesses that saw her so I don’t think the parents did anything, but watching Dr Phil their lack of response to some questions, not giving explanations for why they didn’t give certain info straight up, a bit of their manner.. they either are unusually defensive more than looking for her or it feels there’s more to the story and that they know than they’re saying. What would that be?

My most likely theory is that Karlie died accidentally but that there are adults that would be found at fault had authorities been notified and Karlie's body was disappeared. Lots of open space to s6tash a body.

I wondered if whatever drug she’d taken led to her demise and the parents felt at fault for not taking her to get help. Like the audio recording showed they knew she wasn’t right and proved that but they also couldn’t get rid of it if using it to back their claim up that she wasn’t right and wandered off. Something seems odd about the whole thing. I think though if there were 3 witnesses to seeing her in the early morning out walking then that suggests nothing happened at home.

I wondered if whatever drug she’d taken led to her demise and the parents felt at fault for not taking her to get help. Like the audio recording showed they knew she wasn’t right and proved that but they also couldn’t get rid of it if using it to back their claim up that she wasn’t right and wandered off. Something seems odd about the whole thing. I think though if there were 3 witnesses to seeing her in the early morning out walking then that suggests nothing happened at home.
I tend to think that the three witnesses were all in error in reportedly seeing Karlie walking early that AM. But do agree what you described the parents at fault for not getting Karlie help an she passed on is likely close to the truth.

I tend to think that the three witnesses were all in error in reportedly seeing Karlie walking early that AM. But do agree what you described the parents at fault for not getting Karlie help an she passed on is likely close to the truth.
Agreed. Has LE ever confirmed these witnesses? IMO if there are indeed three witnesses, the witnesses did not see Karlie. They saw Melissa out doing God knows what. IIRC the initial description of the clothing worn by Karlie was changed to clothing strangely similar to what Melissa was wearing that morning.

There’s a stink all over this case. Where is Karlie??

Sheryl Powell’s children were on HLN today discussing the money raised to search for their mom and mentioned they wish people would donate to other missing case searches like Karlie's with the money that they were donating for their mom. (that is now being returned since she is found)

Glad to have her name mentioned again in the news, however brief it was.

Agreed. Has LE ever confirmed these witnesses? IMO if there are indeed three witnesses, the witnesses did not see Karlie. They saw Melissa out doing God knows what. IIRC the initial description of the clothing worn by Karlie was changed to clothing strangely similar to what Melissa was wearing that morning.

There’s a stink all over this case. Where is Karlie??
I completely agree with you. That’s been my theory from Day 1. jmo

its odd how the trail just ends at the witness sightings. no other sightings outsider her immediate neighborhood (i think, right?). no other sightings or leads on where she may have gone. it does make you wonder if indeed it was karlie, or if it was her, that she didn't get much further. she must have disappeared near the place where she was last seen. did she really try to leave and was found before she got too far?

when you combine these scenarios with all the inconsistencies and odd answers from her dad/stepmom, the picture looks a lot less like a runaway or stranger abduction, imo.

its odd how the trail just ends at the witness sightings. no other sightings outsider her immediate neighborhood (i think, right?).

**SNIP**
"Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence."

Source, CrimeOnline

Whether you believe a second-hand account from someone who has been shown to have lied several times is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam