Found Deceased TX - Sarbesh Gurung, 2, Denton, 2 July, 2019

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sarbesh's family. I don't personally know his family, but I live two streets over and have seen him and his mother outside of the apartment complex before.

Anyway to your comment about the way the search went down, they weren't searching sewers and dumpsters before nearby vehicles. When the fire dept. knocked on my door around 4pm I saw officers looking into my neighbors' vehicles while just up the street I saw fire dept. searching dumpsters and storm drains.

I meant before clearing ALL nearby vehicles. Which they clearly didn't do unless this case takes a very unexpected turn.

Such a sad ending for this family. My heart goes out to them.

Question - with the sliding side door, would it have been easy or possible for Sarbush to open the door from the inside?

For future car checks, LE or searchers need to check both front and back car doors. A child could be hiding in backseat floor, not to be seen, yet backdoors are locked. My doors are set up where the backdoors must be specifically unlocked by me.

I wonder if the owners of the vehicle had a knock at the door and asked to search their car when officers were looking initially. Seems that would be helpful to do and to know.

Cameras? Hope they have them!
That is an interesting point - they didn't find him (neighbor) until 6am the following day - where was their vehicle the day before from 2pm on? And if the building has cameras I do hope they will check and not just brush this off. JMO

Alex Boyér on Twitter (VIDEO)
NOW: folks gathering for vigil for 2 yr old Sarbesh Gurung @FOX4
8:34 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Alex Boyér on Twitter
EMOTIONAL: A small shire in memory of 2 yr old Sarbesh Gurung set up near spot where his body was found this morning. Latest on @FOX4 at 10pm
D-mOIzrXkAAuFLo.jpg
D-mOIztWsAI9ivG.jpg

9:17 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Last edited:
Emerson Clarridge on Twitter
Sarbesh Gurung’s mother is in bed and has not had anything to eat. His father was doing a bit better, until the thought of calling funeral homes made it real. There is a great deal of grief in Denton tonight as this neighborhood mourns a little boy.
D-mWMJbW4AApV54.jpg

9:52 PM - 3 Jul 2019

VIDEO: Dozens Of Denton Residents Hold Vigil In Memory Of 2-Year-Old Found Dead In SUV

Dallas Informer on Twitter
Dozens In Denton Hold Vigil In Memory Of 2-Year-Old Sarbesh Gurung Found Dead In SUV https://dallasinformer.com/398612/dozens-in-denton-hold-vigil-in-memory-of-2-year-old-sarbesh-gurung-found-dead-in-suv/ …

D-mcNoYXoAALwKw.jpg

9:18 PM - 3 Jul 2019

Missing 2-year-old found dead inside vehicle near Denton home
[...]

Dixon said Sarbesh’s mother had a panic attack when authorities told her that her son was found dead. She was driven to a hospital.

Dixon would not say where the vehicle was located, but he said it was in “pretty close proximity” to the family’s apartment. News reports indicated the vehicle was parked two buildings away from the family’s apartment.

Dixon said Wednesday morning the vehicle's owner is not suspected of having anything to do with the child's death. Dixon said there were no immediate signs of trauma to the boy's body, and the family that owns the vehicle would be interviewed by investigators.

[...]

“It is really tough and the mom broke down, but the dad, I think it’s hitting him slowly,” Bhetwal said. “Until the morning he was calm and collected, but now he is realizing that ‘OK, this is it.’”

Bhetwal said he saw a change in Sanjay, Sarbesh’s father, when they started calling funeral homes.

[...]

During his remarks at the beginning of the vigil, Bhetwal said a memorial for Sarbesh will happen Saturday or Monday, depending on when the family gets his body from the medical examiner.

[...]

“Can we conclusively say that someone went and checked every door handle of every vehicle out there?" Dixon said. "Obviously, we can’t say that.”

Sarbesh’s mother told Holt on Wednesday that he loved getting in cars.

“You just think, ‘Why didn’t I look there?’” Holt said. “It was right there. And you know it was a white SUV just like the one they have. When I saw that this morning I thought, ‘Oh, he might have thought that was his car.’”

She said the family had just gotten their white SUV.

[...]

MH said Sarbesh's mother spoke about her son's joyful personality.

“This morning she was just talking about him and how sweet he was and his personality,” Holt said Wednesday. “Just talking about how he was so friendly and happy and laughed all the time and that’s exactly like he was. And then she says, ‘I just can’t believe he’s not here. I just keep thinking I [will] see him.’”

You know- think about those so called "child proof" bottles. Ask a toddler to open it. They're more adult proof than child proof.

We really do underestimate what toddlers can and can't do sometimes. God knows I see right through parents on the majority of these missing children's cases, and I am not afraid to point the finger when I suspect they harmed their child.

I need more facts, though, before I do that to this mother. I had three active toddlers- what one didn't think of, the other did. As I mentioned before, my oldest daughter gave me a run for my money, and both her and her little sister were famous for trying to play Houdini on my husband and I. We were so careful, too! Yet, you go to open up a snack for one child, and next thing you know, they're gone, without a trace!

The family own a white Toyota SUV, which seems to belong to the mother. However they are two different cars, well they are the same make and model however they are both seen in different places in pictures around the area.

I just struggle to believe that he got out of the building, found a car with an unlocked door and climbed in without anyone noticing.

However I also can't see the family sneaking around with his body dumping him in random cars whilst the police are around.

The whole thing just is odd to me. From wearing a shirt, and shoes to nap, getting out of the apartment silently all the way to finding him just is odd.

So acc to the above article,his mom said that he loved getting into cars. The article also stated that the SUV that he was found in was two buildings away. How long was the time from when Mom first checked in on him until she discovered him missing?? I don't know what to think in all of this. Probably an accident...just wish they had checked those cars 2-3 times. When a child went missing in our neighborhood,we checked every swimming pool several times. The 9 year old was always trying to swim in the neighbor's pools.She was found fast asleep wedged between the wall and her bed...rolled off bed and stuck there...didn't even wake up from all of us calling her name....middle of the day,too.

A child found him? Wow. Such a tragedy. I can't even imagine what anyone is feeling. The family is devastated and the family who owns the car where he was found and this poor child that found him? Ugh. If it were me, I would not want to keep that car after all of this.

There definitely should be protocol in missing child cases especially young children like this.

If it were me, I would not want to keep that car after all of this.
RSBM.

We had a second-hand car that reeked of cigarettes every time the tiniest bit of sunshine hit it. After a while, our brains smelled cigarettes when just looking at the car in the driveway. I imagine this is even worse :(:( it must be absolutely traumatizing.

I'm in Dallas on holiday and heard about little Sarbesh. I'm not far from Denton, this has been on the local news obviously. It's a tragic end that nobody would want, I'm just heartbroken that he was RIGHT THERE and was overlooked - from what it seems.

I hope the ME checks him out and finds that there isn't any foul play. This is hard enough by itself. Poor little guy, he saw what he thought was his mom's car and got in (IMHO). My prayers to Sarbesh's family and the family that found him. They must all be going through something unimaginable.

He was a baby...not even 3. My grandson is going to be 4 in a few weeks and is tall for his age and a smart cookie...but he can't open a car door.
How many doors did he have to go through to get outside? A horrible tragedy for sure....but I'm a little jaded as well from the stories of babies left in cars.

I own a Toyota Highlander. My grandson will be 4 in about 2 months. He cannot open the car door and he cannot close it. I understand all children are different in their abilities. I do get it. And yes I am jaded from so many other cases we have followed here. I do believe this was a tragic accident.

Heartbroken over the death of this child. I have no doubt he touched many lives in a positive way. Fly high little guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a sad ending for this family. My heart goes out to them.

Question - with the sliding side door, would it have been easy or possible for Sarbush to open the door from the inside? .

Neither of these SUVs (Toyota Highlander where he was found, Toyota Rav-4 that his family owned) have sliding doors.

But that’s a good learning point for the future, the newer minivans with sliders only require a gentle tug on the door handle and it opens itself. Same thing from the inside, push a button and it closes itself.

I don’t fault LE one teeny tiny bit for little Sarbesh not being found in that SUV right away. They clearly responded quickly and called for volunteers. When you have a large contingent of imperfect human beings. Even with with all of the best intentions, searching in an area with thousands of cars both parked and coming and going, it is impossible to insure that every parked vehicle was sufficiently peered in to from every angle. Imagine searching row after row with volunteers. You may fully believe that every car you personally cleared had no child in it, you may have sent volunteers down every row and monitored them closely. How does an LE officer guarantee that not one volunteer overlooked one vehicle or simply did not see a tiny limp body lying in the shadows?

In Texas heat, a child will pass out and stop breathing within a very few minutes. He would be on the floor or collapsed in the seat. The car may be empty or it may have carseats, gym bags, sports equipment or trash which might obstruct view.

Police can only open trunks and locked cars if they find every owner of each one of those vehicles and said owner quickly agrees to open up their car and trunk. Like that is going to happen. People online would be shouting about targeting, framing, profiling, violations of their rights and unlawful intimidation.

My family has more than one vehicle. It would not be uncommon for all of us to be gone and one of our vehicles to still be in the driveway or parking lot. If contacted, we would not hesitate to cooperate with LE when asked. Unfortunately, the USA is full of people who would refuse volunteer their vehicle, home or back yard to be searched, call their local activist or news station and throw a fit.

The Denton police requested and welcomed citizen volunteer help immediately and did all that they could. Whether this is a tragic accident or someone put that child in there before the police were ever called, his death it is no fault of LE.

I’m sure that LE would’ve appreciated knowing that this little boy loved to play in vehicles and or was motivated and capable enough to try random car doors until he finds one unlocked and climb right in. It seems that no one informed them of this fact until after this little boy died. I also understand that a parent could be so distraught that their baby was missing that they couldn't think clearly enough to give that one important piece of information when making the report. I’m afraid that I would be incoherent if my child was missing.

This is a tragic situation. How wonderful it is that so many tried so hard to find Sarbesh! A lot of human beings, LE and civilians, did the best they could. I see zero carelessness on the part of LE.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood