The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see photographs like this in the 1st of July, and know where I live it is nearing 100 degrees, I just can't imagine how hot and sweaty she must be and the others wearing those clothes. Even if it is a lightweight fabric, it looks like sweat City to me. But everyone always looks so fresh and not heat stroke temperatures. Why is that?

I'm guessing you're in the south, but it gets pretty steamy here in southeastern Michigan during the summer. The past few days, we've had temps in the upper 80s with high humidity. Weather reports include a "heat index" that combines heat and humidity, often making it seem much warmer than the actual temperature. Back in the day, my parents called this type of weather "close" as it made one feel like they were closed in somewhere and barely able to breathe. I prefer to think of "close" meaning that I stay indoors with doors and windows closed, A/C running :D Have a cool 4th of July!

Last edited:
Imagine having to put on panty hose on a hot July day :eek: I've never been a summer girl and dislike the season more and more as I get older. I'm a fainter from way back as I get dehydrated and dizzy when I get too warm. I prefer to stay indoors with the A/C running.

Me too! Don’t like to be in the sun at all! Good thing you’re in Michigan ☀️.

Not to be Doubting Debbie, however, I have mixed thoughts on Eugenie's goals.

IIRC, she used her wedding and her wedding dress as the first time major attention has been made about her scoliosis since she was a child.

This comes after the fact that her uncle Prince Charles refused to give Princess Eugenie or her sister, Princess Beatrice jobs on the Royal Payroll. According to Prince Charles, he is/was cutting the number of people on the payroll. (may not be exact words).

As we have seen in the past, neither sister has been royally inclined in their duties, jobs, or charities. IMO.

Therefore, their father must supplement their money and they have to pay rental on the homes within Kensington Palace. Princess Eugenie and her new husband currently live in Nottingham Cottage, where Prince Harry and Meghan lived. The difference is Princess Eugenie pays rent where Prince Harry did not as he performs Royal Duties.

So, it makes me think that Princess Eugenie has wised up and decided to get involved in projects that will be worthwhile and may change Prince Charles’ mind.

The idea of an Orthopedic Hospital is a great idea and something that is needed. I sincerely hope she is able to meet her fundraising goals.

If only she knew rich people who could donate to a hospital...

Yeah sorry this was a publicity stunt for attention for a wedding that was a waste of enormous security resources since the public didn’t even show up. I didn’t announce my childhood open heart surgery at my wedding, a friend who survived brain cancer didn’t make it a theme of her wedding. Spare me with poor Eugenie and her one difficulty from 15 years ago.

If she wanted to make a difference she could have become a surgeon instead of a part time gallery girl. I’m not a fan of doing the least amount possible and fanning yourself with attention.

If only she knew rich people who could donate to a hospital...

Yeah sorry this was a publicity stunt for attention for a wedding that was a waste of enormous security resources since the public didn’t even show up. I didn’t announce my childhood open heart surgery at my wedding, a friend who survived brain cancer didn’t make it a theme of her wedding. Spare me with poor Eugenie and her one difficulty from 15 years ago.

If she wanted to make a difference she could have become a surgeon instead of a part time gallery girl. I’m not a fan of doing the least amount possible and fanning yourself with attention.

I see you are a verified attorney and went through the iterations and requirements to do so on this website. so I kind of giggled when I saw your post that said,

"If she wanted to make a difference she could have become a surgeon instead of a part time gallery girl"

Congratulations on being an attorney, we are all so proud of you! But not everybody can be an attorney or a surgeon.

DBM....

Imagine having to put on panty hose on a hot July day :eek: I've never been a summer girl and dislike the season more and more as I get older. I'm a fainter from way back as I get dehydrated and dizzy when I get too warm. I prefer to stay indoors with the A/C running.

Are u my sister lol? I have met only one other person in my lifetime who disdains & suffers in the heat as I do and she is my bff. Air conditioning is truly a blessing as I get older - I crank it up any chance I get!

Looking at those photos of the Royals wearing long sleeves in July makes me break out in a sweat, seriously! How do they do it? If I were Royalty I could only show up at these events wearing a tank top! The Queen would probably frown on that lol!

ETA yes, I am a wimp when it comes to heat.

Meghan looks wonderful -- healthy & happy. I imagine its a treat for her to get out and about with her friends without baby Archie. But, as a new Mommy , she, like most is probably ready to be back with baby in a very short time.

I miss the days of Diana & Fergie cutting up and carrying on like young girls. Their smiles were rich and REAL.

Also curious about the royals & the heat. Are they immune? They have those garden parties outdoors with no shade whatsoever. Just sunshine. And walking across lawn/grassy areas in heels? Pfft. Mine would be stuck after the first few steps.

I wonder, do they have air conditioned undergarments?

;--)

Are u my sister lol? I have met only one other person in my lifetime who disdains & suffers in the heat as I do and she is my bff. Air conditioning is truly a blessing as I get older - I crank it up any chance I get!

Looking at those photos of the Royals wearing long sleeves in July makes me break out in a sweat, seriously! How do they do it? If I were Royalty I could only show up at these events wearing a tank top! The Queen would probably frown on that lol!

ETA yes, I am a wimp when it comes to heat.

I despise the heat too it is supposed to be summer here in Scotland and it is a tropical 17 degrees this afternoon. I couldn’t survive living in a warm climate.

There was actually an article a few weeks ago saying that Her Majesty does not sweat.

rsbm
There was actually an article a few weeks ago saying that Her Majesty does not sweat.

The Victorians used to say, as my mother repeated to me:

“Horses sweat, men perspire, and women merely glow.” :D

I can be glowingly drenched in a warm room in the winter. I don’t know how the Queen always looks so fresh.

Raising my hand also on not liking HOT days! Finally a nice day here - 70s! And a little rain now & then!

Look what I found while I was browsing my FB page. And thought of all you here that like tiaras! :)
It's called the Forest Queen Tiara (headband)
Forest Tiara.png

They are having a sale - 62.99 euros to 29.95 euros!

Order here:
Handmade Forest Queen Tiara

I despise the heat too it is supposed to be summer here in Scotland and it is a tropical 17 degrees this afternoon. I couldn’t survive living in a warm climate.

Interesting that the Queen does not sweat. My own mother used to
say she didn't sweat, but I figured it was because she didn't do too
much strenuous activity to cause sweat. haha.
Useless bit of info: Some horses do not sweat or some later in
life stop sweating which can cause severe health problems in
hot temperatures. there's all kinds of antidotes to encourage
sweating from medications to giving them Guinness beer.
It has to be Guinness.

Okemos blogger makes career out of following the duchesses’ style
Okemos — From Meghan the Duchess of Sussex’s recent maternity clothing to Kate the Duchess of Cambridge’s love of L.K. Bennett wedges, the women continue to be trendsetters when it comes to their fashion choices. So much so that bloggers have made careers out of tracking who and what they wear.

Susan E. Kelley founded the website What Kate Wore in 2011, when Britain’s Prince William got engaged to marry Kate Middleton.

“I had another blog, and anytime I wrote about Kate, there was this huge boost in readership. And so I talked about it with my husband. I said, ‘You know, do you think people would really be interested in reading about what Kate Middleton wears?’ ”

The site really took off when the royal couple took a tour of Canada and the United States a few months after their wedding...

UnnaturalHardBernesemountaindog-small.gif

:D LOL at y'all fretting at Her Majesty & the heat ...
scotland-flag-clipart-waving-753993-7481813.gif

She in Scotland!

summer.jpg

**To everyone over in the U.S. especially those in the west coast area I hope you're all doing o.k.

...And thought of all you here that like tiaras! :)
It's called the Forest Queen Tiara!
forest-tiara-png.192220

They are having a sale - 62.99 euros to 29.95 euros!

Order here:
Handmade Forest Queen Tiara
That's really very pretty.
I'm so resisting the urge to hit Amazon & get myself something similar. The gobsmacked faces down the local would be so worth it ;)

Thank you @Niner...
tenor.gif

1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
:D
Sarah Ferguson Wore A Flower Crown And Not A Tiara To Her Wedding To Prince Andrew. But Why?
Now, when we hear about tiaras, we probably think about grand royal weddings...
But in 1986, Sarah Ferguson wore a crown of flowers instead.

sarah-ferguson-wedding-flower-crown-1536085627.jpg
Most often, royal brides borrow tiaras from the Queen’s collection. So, some may think that the crown of flowers might look like a snub from Elizabeth II. However, perfumed gardenias (which are Prince Andrew’s favorite flowers) had a secret.

Right after the wedding ceremony, the flower crown was removed, and the York Diamond tiara was revealed. Made out of sparkling diamonds, it was a real masterpiece!

Sarah Ferguson Wore A Flower Crown And Not A Tiara To Her Wedding To Prince Andrew. But Why?

:p So in continuing with the 'flower' tiara! theme here's another of my favourites,

THE STRATHMORE ROSE TIARA

_strathmorerose1.jpg
One of the more unusual floral tiaras in any royal collection, the Queen Mother’s Strathmore Rose Tiara is a piece that remains in the Windsor vaults but hasn’t been seen in public in years. Part of the reason for the tiara’s disappearing act may actually be connected not only with its large flowers but also with its early twentieth-century roots. (Ha!)

The tiara takes its name from the Queen Mother’s family — she was born Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon, daughter of the Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne.

QueenMotherStrathmoreRoseCloseUp.jpg

Queen Elizabeth wears the tiara, ca. 1926
When she married the Duke of York in 1923, she wasn’t yet destined to be queen, but her parents decided a new duchess needed a new tiara regardless. They gave her this floral piece, which was bought from Catchpole and Williams, a dealer based in London.

2018-0210-strathmore03.png

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, ca. 1926
The Strathmore Rose Tiara | The Court Jeweller

:) I love this thread. That is all

I have the urge to binge watch some of The Tudors :rolleyes: But would settle for the Other Boleyn Girl

And thanks to the magic of cable OBG happened to be on so I was able to scratch my royal itch without much effort right after I posted this lol

Eugenie has never really been on my radar but I started following her a bit more lately when her instagram was mentioned a while back.

Happy Friday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member