Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, thats what i was hoping to infer by "some" DNA. They have only admitted they have some DNA but not whether it is touch or the perps.

I'll add (not known if identifiable to perp ).

They may have the killer’s DNA, but without his identity, they cannot yet confirm. They may be able to rule out suspects who do not match. DNA technology keeps advancing. What may not be thought usable now, may become so. This could take time. They will get this guy.

thanks, thats what i was hoping to infer by "some" DNA. They have only admitted they have some DNA but not whether it is touch or the perps.

I'll add (not known if identifiable to perp ).
And that complicates matters. What if our killer used a gun to kill both of them and never touched the girls, then they don't have his DNA at all. However, I've noted in most murders by a firearm, LE usually states this but just withholds the caliber or type of firearm so I am doubting this is the situation here.

I hope and believe that they are much closer than they were on day one.
But you make some good points.

I’d like to see a woman lead the next press conference. It may help to have a woman take the lead in communicating an appeal for tips that may be sitting with a female or a child in BG’s life. Especially if they feel that the “someone who knows something” is afraid to come forward. At least, it would be a different approach, and worth a try. JMO
An excellent idea. However, I've rarely seen a woman lead such PC's. The only one that comes immediately to mind is when Sierra Lamar was missing in 2012.

Also in that April PC, LE said BG was someone who liked to be in control, was closely associated with Delphi, hiding in plain sight (could be in the room) and he was thinking he was home free with the direction the the ivestigation had taken officially up to that point. Someone already cleared, their alibi for whatever investigative reasons came under scrutiny. AJMO
I've thought that comment by LE at the April PC that they believed the killer had strong ties to Delphi to be strange. MANY of us on here were saying that same thing beginning just a few months after the murders if not sooner. LE thought this, too, but didn't want to say it? Or something LE has seen, heard or found recently in the time shortly before the April PC that made them more certain?

It's only just over two years but I agree with most of everything else. Except the demographics of the 52% married would be 1500 men and women so 750 men meaning numbers are even less than you say.
You're right. I stand corrected. My math was off.
2 years, 5 months, not 3 years.
750 men, roughly half between 18-40 = about 375 men.
Another reason things don't add up in Carters mind, IMO. He claims this guy has a family. He claims this guy can be as young as 18. How many 18 year olds have a family?
I don't know what anyone else is thinking, but IMO, there's no way that guy that was walking on the bridge was 18.

Another reason things don't add up in Carters mind, IMO. He claims this guy has a family. He claims this guy can be as young as 18. How many 18 year olds have a family?
I don't know what anyone else is thinking, but IMO, there's no way that guy that was walking on the bridge was 18.

I took the comment to mean that BG has family in the area (parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, etc.). Not necessarily that BG has a wife/partner and children? I could be completely wrong. Regardless; I hope we find out who this person is very soon.

I think most of us find it hard to believe he is 18 MOO. But an 18 year old could have family, Mum, Dad, Gran and Grandad, brothers, sisters etc. I know Carter says " what would your children think", which is strange for an 18 year old as you say. MOO

Bumping

Well we should start with listing the evidence LE have given us.

2.30 BG on the bridge followed by criminal activity.
Video and voice
Height, weight, description, age 18-40
Girls crime scene on N side of creek
Local and/or works local
Majority of family cleared
Some DNA (may not be identifiable to perp)
Vehicle of interest
Phone and SM data
Reenactments wrong
Some witnesses saw BG in the area

Anything else to add?

Plus there are a lot of hills, on both sides of the creek, so we don't know which one BG was directing them down.

That's the first thing I said when it became accepted knowledge that he was referring to the hill by that end of the bridge. That whole place is a hill.

"Family" could refer to things besides children and spouse. And Carter could've just been thinking statistically. Very few people in the world, even the hermits, are all alone or completely unknown. Even serial killers have family. JP in the Jayme Closs case was never on anyone's radar, but he had parents and a brother. Odds are pretty good that this dude also has family.

I barely know anything about the details of this case but have been trying to scan over occasionally because it is so cruel and I hope for justice for these girls. One thing that stood out to me is how little time they had to hang out in the area. They were dropped off around 1:45 and from an article or posting I read on here someone came to pick them up about 3 PM. It seemed that person might have had a tip offf or hint that something bad was going to happen and they were in a panic to get there early to stop it. That is such a short time to hike a trail and possibly hang out with friends. From an outsider it just looks like they were set up and that bridge creature person was either the evil one or maybe someone trying to hurry them out of danger but failed? Although it does look like the bridge man has on a quickly contrived disguise which to me looks like a fishing hat with neck shield, old windbreaker jacket over something bulky, fishing tackle holder attached to belt and something stick like hidden in pants leg. Perhaps this has all been said before but from the little I have read so far something just isn’t adding up to what LE should know by now.

Family picked them up at a pre-approved time. The 3pm part doesn't surprise me. It was February and it starts getting dark around 5pm on some days. The girls got a late start and despite the "unseasonably warm" comment that gets thrown around, it was still only 40 degrees and at that time of the day the temps start dropping quickly and the girls were not wearing winter coats. Their plan was to go there to take pictures. It's not a big park. Walking from the trailhead and going all the way across the bridge and back can take less than an hour, easily, if you're young and fit. I've gone there to take pictures and have stayed for less than 30 minutes.

That's the first thing I said when it became accepted knowledge that he was referring to the hill by that end of the bridge. That whole place is a hill.

For those that know the area well, or simply have studied the maps and terrain more than I have, is there any logical way the girls could have got to their final resting place without going 'down the hill' (the one implied by the reenactments that are supposedly wrong) and without going across the creek? I'm interested in considering alternate theories.

For those that know the area well, or simply have studied the maps and terrain more than I have, is there any logical way the girls could have got to their final resting place without going 'down the hill' (the one implied by the reenactments that are supposedly wrong) and without going across the creek? I'm interested in considering alternate theories.

They could've crossed back over the bridge.

I'd like to add.
IMO what LE considers "evidence," is not all "evidence," but rather a lame attempt to scare this guy out of the woodwork.
The last press conference was proof of that.
With all due respect, Carter should be the last person giving press conferences, and here's why.
1,Carter claims in his PC that this guy could be in the room amongst them. If he really thought this to be true, his latest sketch can't be very accurate, because all anyone would have to do is look around. I don't think any detective would announce to any suspect that they were on to them, but rather follow him around, obtain his DNA etc., and not give him a reason to skip town. In the following television interview a day or two later, Carter backpedals and claims "if he wasn't in the room, he was close by." What's "close by?" 10 miles away eating pizza at a pizza shop? IMO, that was a bluff.
2, Carter claims this guy is between 18-40 years old. What 18 year old looks like a 40 year old? IMO, he was guessing because it's 18-40 year olds that commit crimes like this.
3, Carter claims this guy has a family, and that he lives there.
This is simple.There are 3,000 people living in Delphi. According to the demographics of Delphi, 52% are married. That means roughly 1500 men. Out of those, how many are over 40? Half? If the numbers are only 750 possible men, and they have had over 3 years to investigate with access to drivers license pictures and tips received, then why haven't they identified him? IMO, LE THINKS he may live there because he knew of the bridge, and nothing more. Another bluff.
3 years pass, and a press conference with two new developments.
One, The Sketch that LE released 3 years ago looks nothing like the guy.
Two. One word added to the audio. "Guys"
I don't believe they are any closer to finding this guy than they were on day one, and I hope I am wrong.
DC tends to be melodramatic. That, coupled with the conviction with which he speaks, not to mention the hype created for the PC, led people to believe LE was closing in on someone. But when you strip away all the "sound and fury," there wasn't much left. An extra word, a brief animation, some working theories that might or might not be accurate, a plea for info about a possible car (as if someone will remember it after 2+ years), and a sketch that wasn't deemed worth even mentioning for 2+ years. Plus, DC's gobbledygook since the PC when talking about the two sketches. They're grasping at straws, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla