Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if he led them to her body?

If she was found on Wednesday, is this why an additional day was tacked onto his holding time?

Are they able to still do toxicology tests on a body that has been exposed to the elements for several weeks?

Yes. Depending on what they are looking for, though, the results could be variable and some aspects of testing could be compromised. Also, depends on what body parts they found. TBH, many valuable aspects of forensic analysis is lost with burned bodies. For example, certain aspects of brain autopsy that could help determine cause of death might be unavailable.

(TW: ghastly info ahead)

About the smell: a freshly dead human body being burned smells like...well...most other mammals, but most closely resembles pork. The hair is the smelliest part. Gasoline fumes would initially overwhelm those smells. The smell of burning vinyl or other luggage material would be pretty caustic, though. People who do burn large mammals know that a pit works better (more like an oven) and that stacked wood has to be burned down to very hot coals and then more stacked wood placed around the animal.

Usually, a body won't start smelling for 2-3 days.

Pathologists should be able to derive clues on how long the body was subject to fire.

If she was found on Wednesday, is this why an additional day was tacked onto his holding time?

We don’t know how this came to be.

It’s possible that someone led them there, he led them there, or evidence led them there.

I think this is unrelated to the amount of time he has been held, as there is undoubtedly a great deal of evidence to analyze.

Initially it was reported by Fox 13 Utah news (FB page) on June 26th that the fires were reported by neighbors to have started around Friday, June 21st and went for a few days. Starting in the mornings and went for at least 30 minutes.
Starts at the 4 minute mark if you want to watch as well. The segment that is at 11:09 PM.
I'll keep going through footage.

We haven’t heard anything officially as to whether he led them to her body.

Actually, an entire week was tacked onto the time before his arraignment. I suspect that they told the judge they hoped to find her body, and be able to have a much clearer picture as to what had happened, if they were given that extra time.

We haven’t heard anything officially as to whether he led them to her body.

Actually, an entire week was tacked onto the time before his arraignment. I suspect that they told the judge they hoped to find her body, and be able to have a much clearer picture as to what had happened, if they were given that extra time.

That’s a really good point.

They would have known that the majority of Kenzie’s remains were not recovered from that fire pit, and there was a secondary location.

It would be a matter of figuring out where that location was.

This would explain the approval of the delay.

I know others may disagree, and I can understand it.

But for me, I don't put anything past this monster.

If he dismembered LK it wouldnt take all that long to do so.

I believe they have checked out every room in his house including his garage, and taken possible tool cutting evidence from his house.

I don't believe the human tissue of KL found in his yard was from it being on something else. It came from her body right to the fire, imo.

We have no idea how much more tissue was destroyed in the fire either.

Killers have been known to cut the breasts off of their victims also, and have done many other sadistic barbaric unbelivable things when destroying their victims... both before they were murdered, and afterwards.

Imo, when LE located her body I think it was gutwrenching for the officers knowing a human being could do something this to one helpless young woman.

Yes, I do believe brutalizing, and inflicting extreme torture while she was still alive was all a part of AAs premeditated plan.

Imo, he had thought all of it out including the ways he was going to torture KL, and how horrible he was going to desecrate her body before throwing her away like discarded trash.

I think he has long held abnormal hatred in his heart for all women, and fully unleashed it on KL.

I know Mass Guy said AA is no Dahmer type, but he very well could be ..with his level of depravity he inflicted on his victim. I'm certainly not going to rule it out.

Imo, from the time when he held her kidnapped inside of his home all of it was filled with unspeakable horror for KL.

Imo, what happened was so horrifying none of what he made her endure will be known until it's all exposed at trial.

I don't think he will plead guilty.

Psychopaths rarely plead guilty even with overwhelming evidence against them. Imo, he won't be any different.

Jmho

This is jmo because I will never be able to find it/the link but I recall hearing 8:30 on the first day (may have been 8). The reason I remember it is I immediately did the math in my head and realized at most he had five hours from 3 a.m. in the park.

I also remember one neighbor remarking that the smell would even wake them up I believe she may have even said with the windows closed and remarked on how bad it was. What day she meant I am unsure (it was a female).

I don't know if that helps and I do not know if 8:30 is when he started but again, I was doing the math in my head from the time at the park.

Jmo.

ETA: I just noticed you asked about the 18th. My response referred to the 17th. I do think both were in the morning though.

So many articles cover the same ground yet leave out different details. IIRC I read he was burning over two mornigns at least.

Initially it was reported by Fox 13 Utah news (FB page) on June 26th that the fires were reported by neighbors to have started around Friday, June 21st and went for a few days. Starting in the mornings and went for at least 30 minutes.
Starts at the 4 minute mark if you want to watch as well. The segment that is at 11:09 PM.
I'll keep going through footage.
That's the first time I've heard that. Most reports say the 17th and 18th.
Is there a link to this?

Imo, what happened was so horrifying none of what he made her endure will be known until it's all exposed at trial.

I think he was definitely thinking about destroying evidence that could be used against him at trial, as to torture and manner of death. And he was successful, as some forensic evidence may be unavailable.

Your post was brilliant and I totally agree it's possible he dismembered the body quickly.

That's the first time I've heard that. Most reports say the 17th and 18th.
Is there a link to this?
I'll grab the link. And yes, I thought it was interesting. I'm wondering if since it was one of the first reports of this burning in the backyard information to come out, if the dates were first reported incorrectly.

Yes. Depending on what they are looking for, though, the results could be variable and some aspects of testing could be compromised. Also, depends on what body parts they found. TBH, many valuable aspects of forensic analysis is lost with burned bodies. For example, certain aspects of brain autopsy that could help determine cause of death might be unavailable.

(TW: ghastly info ahead)

About the smell: a freshly dead human body being burned smells like...well...most other mammals, but most closely resembles pork. The hair is the smelliest part. Gasoline fumes would initially overwhelm those smells. The smell of burning vinyl or other luggage material would be pretty caustic, though. People who do burn large mammals know that a pit works better (more like an oven) and that stacked wood has to be burned down to very hot coals and then more stacked wood placed around the animal.

Usually, a body won't start smelling for 2-3 days.

Pathologists should be able to derive clues on how long the body was subject to fire.

He wanted to get rid of the -cause of death- .
I’m prepared for the defense to work backwards from
what was actually recovered.

MOO

So many articles cover the same ground yet leave out different details. IIRC I read he was burning over two mornigns at least.

I heard the same, the 17th and 18th mornings. I also remember hearing the Fox report and thinking they were wrong at the time because it did not match, but it could be that he also had fires on those dates as well, whether it related to her or her things, hard to say, when the length was only 30 minutes for those fires. Maybe further cleanup...

Jmo.

Edited - my link isn't working, let me see if I can fix it

Watch starting at the 4 minute mark concerning when the neighbors said the fires occured.

Last edited:
Thank you! :)
I drove up past second dam on the left and got a couple pics. This is exactly the place I thought of when I first heard she was found in Logan Canyon. It looks as though a few areas of grass has been matted down with car tires.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I'll grab the link. And yes, I thought it was interesting. I'm wondering if since it was one of the first reports of this burning in the backyard information to come out, if the dates were first reported incorrectly.
It would be good to have a few different sources to compare them. So far I have looked at several articles and can't even find one that says the burning took place in the morning.
But on the night LE was at the house there were several reports and I can't find any of those. I would think they would be the most accurate, especially the local ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member