Identified! MT - Carbon Co, WhtMale 15-32, UP8932, skull, femur, pelvic, Asymmetrical Nose, Jun'04 - Roger Lee Ellis

Thanks for the update on the ruleouts.

I see the NamUs page has been updated three days ago. I don't know when this changed, but the sex on these remains is listed as male now.

Huh, you're right. Must have received DNA results for the remains.

I wonder if that means the person was transsexual? Or just a small man?

Paul Stoopsberry caught my eye as a potential match. His rather undefined physical stature is within reason of being a match with John Doe as well as his age and last contact date. His nostrils seem to have the same asymmetrical shape as John Doe's but their ears look different to me. o_O

The circumstances surrounding his disappearance are iffy at best. There's no certainty regarding his exact location when he disappeared. He's from CA but was known to have traveled to Egypt in 2001. From there no one knows. Imo, Montana is the unlikeliest place I'd ever start looking if I were on a search for Paul but, people roam. :confused:;) Perhaps a friend or family member would know if Paul had any connection to Montana. What do you think?

Paul Jordan Stooksberry – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The two busts/composites don't even have the same facial features. His chin is much more rounded while her chin comes to a more defined point. Either that or it's just the shadowing from the two different types of images.

This missing person is as good a potential match as I could find. Jason Armstrong, the MP was relatively short at 5'7" and was noted to have an unusually low weight of between 110-115 lbs. His age was consistent with the UID. His last family contact was August 2000 so that is more than enough time for his remains to become fully skeletal. His buzz cut is quite different from the imagined head of hair in the composite but I think there is some resemblance here.

Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

Attachments

• Jason Armstrong.jpg
    Jason Armstrong.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
Hmm. Looks possible.

Hairstyles change, and we have no way of knowing how long before he disappeared that photo was taken, or how accurate the hairstyle depicted on the recon is. The hairline looks similar.

It's crazy he went missing in 1976 but was thought to have died a few years before he was found. I always wonder if those skulls that show up on NamUs that have a PMI of like a year actually died long before that.

Rest in peace, Roger.
Roger Lee Ellis has been and always will be deeply missed. The eldest son of E and F R Ellis, Roger was born October 29, 1954 in Wisconsin Rapids where he grew up with his younger siblings, F and C. He attended St. Vincent de Paul School and Lincoln High School. He took a keen interest in electronics and assembled a radio when he was in third grade. He could always be depended upon to fix anything around the house. He was creative and a hard worker. He put up speakers on the roof at Christmas time so the neighbors could hear carols as they shoveled their driveways. He loved music and played the guitar and drums. He loved animals and had several pets over the years: Brownie, Bootsy, Nosy and Coco. He loved to go out to his cousins’ farm and ride horses. Nature nourished him.

This year, with assistance from the US Department of Justice, the FBI, the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and the Missoula County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case team, Carbon County Sheriff’s Office initiated a genetic genealogy investigation to leverage new developments in DNA science.

I hope that all surviving killers in cold cases are losing sleep tonight. We are coming after you.
Forensic genetic genealogy is a tool you couldn't have imagined when you committed your heinous crime.
LE is coming for you. So it's best if you step forward and ask for a plea.

Here's a photo of Roger Ellis from the 1970 Wisconsin Rapids, WI, Lincoln High School freshmen class yearbook, page 47.
There are no photos from the 1971 or 1974 yearbooks and there are no yearbooks for 1972 or 1973 online. I assume he graduated in 1973.

rogerellis.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of Roger Ellis from the 1970 Wisconsin Rapids, WI, Lincoln High School freshmen class yearbook, page 47.
There are no photos from the 1971 or 1974 yearbooks and there are no yearbooks for 1972 or 1973 online. I assume he graduated in 1973.

View attachment 383887
1669868024153.png1669868033115.png
Photo vs recon
(And for what its worth, I couldn't find any photos of him in the 1973 yearbook, which is on Ancestry)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back