Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another young lady, a senior at the school befriended a different man not but several months previous to this killing. Shot her in her car when she was trying to break it off, and she died while on the phone with her mother listening. Thereafter, he shot himself.
In light of this, I would have thought that the school would make it a priority to educate other students about safety on and off campus. Maybe they did, and some ignored the warnings.
From what I have read, allegedly the school did not do much of anything, until ML was murdered. I don't have the link, but I believe it is all spelled out in the lawsuit that was filed by her parents against the school.
Edit added:
https://nypost.com/2019/06/27/parents-of-murdered-utah-track-star-sue-college-for-56-million/
First link that I came to in a quick search.

The difference in that case is that it was known that she was in a relationship with that man. And he lied about his age and much more. We don’t even know how much of a “friend” AA was to Kenzie.

ETA: in the case you are referring to, she had reported that she was nervous about him to the campus. And unfortunately they did nothing.:mad:

I wonder if LE has reached out to others about his on line contacts, for "dates." Would be nice if more women came out to say that they had met him before...either on line, or in person. Or if others have approached LE but not wanted the limelight. It would bolster a character prosecution tactic.
Doubtful if "actresses" would come forward. But LE might have them on their radar from previous police incidents.
Speaking of actresses, or celebrities, I was watching a show the other night that was from the UK. Host was Graham somebody. Madonna and Sheryl Crow were on there and they were talking about meeting men on Tinder. If never heard of it, but I've seen it mentioned several times here is relationship to AA. Is it also a site to meet people with different lifestyles? Just curious about it.

Also, don't forget those killers were active during a different time period - before DNA, before cameras, before cell phones, before GPS. Would they have been as "successful" today? I don't think so. One of the theories as to why the Golden State Killer ceased his reign of terror was because he knew all to well the ramifications of DNA testing.
A few of them quit killing because they grow out of it--hormones wind down...they are too old, and it takes too much effort to stalk and kill.

Speaking of actresses, or celebrities, I was watching a show the other night that was from the UK. Host was Graham somebody. Madonna and Sheryl Crow were on there and they were talking about meeting men on Tinder. If never heard of it, but I've seen it mentioned several times here is relationship to AA. Is it also a site to meet people with different lifestyles? Just curious about it.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but my understanding is that it is a dating app used largely for hookups, as opposed to relationships.

Also, don't forget those killers were active during a different time period - before DNA, before cameras, before cell phones, before GPS. Would they have been as "successful" today? I don't think so. One of the theories as to why the Golden State Killer ceased his reign of terror was because he knew all to well the ramifications of DNA testing.

Yup. Forensics and longer prison sentences have been huge.

According the study in this article, 22% of serial killers prior to the 1980’s, had killed before and had been released from prison.

Just 40 years ago, nearly one-third of all serial killers in the US got away with five or more murders before getting caught. Today, that figure is down to 13 percent — and nearly half get caught after two killings.

What data on 3,000 murderers and 10,000 victims tells us about serial killers

Maybe she had to postpone a planned meet-up with him due to having to flying home. Maybe he got persistent, and she knew she had a busy week coming up. So she took chances that maybe she normally wouldn’t do, because she had cancelled and couldn’t reschedule. Get it out of the way, and then go home. Who knows

Their beliefs (and social networks) are important because people in general tend to trust others of their own belief system. It's that simple. Mormons are no different in that regard than any other religion. It forms a kind of unspoken set of rules. Sure, people can bounce up against the rules, but proclaiming a faith and sharing a faith, people assume they share something.

There's a lot more to religion and perceptions around it, of course. But no one can deny that it is one strand in establishing social relationships. Particularly in Utah, where I have lived as a non-Mormon.

regarding smart or dumb killers...I think there are several killers--Ted Bundy, Richard Ramirez, Kenneth Bianchi, Israel Keyes to name a few, who are started out killing with well thought out plans to avoid detection and evade ever being caught...so called smart killers...as time went on, however, they took greater and foolish chances...seemingly thinking that they were invisible and/or invincible. I think in reality the killers who were initially successful but ended up committing a murder with their name on it--eventually, became a victim of their own sickness--seeing themselves as disposable too.
Yes, I think with this personality cluster comes a collision of the arrogance, sense of superiority, and dullness of emotional connection to anything in the world around them, and the stupidity always rears its head because they are impulsive, stop paying attention and take risks that normal people will not take. Jessica Ridgeway's killer gave a DNA sample because he believed he had outsmarted LE and had covered his bases, and had no idea they had a sample from a previous assault attempt he made. When it matched the one he willingly gave them, it was the beginning of the swift end for him. They just are never that smart. Bundy has even been called sloppy and moronic for the mistakes he ultimately made. But the myth is that he was an ever-calculating genius. For awhile maybe.

He avoided cameras by not picking KL up at the airport. By setting up the meeting in the park, he avoided a trail leading straight to his house via her phone and Lyft. That sounds very premeditated to me. MOO.

But we just don’t know at this point, if he initiated these arrangements or not. These are assumptions. They may fit well with a theory of how this crime occurred...but we haven’t proof yet of any of this.

It could turn output that MK suggested the park, or it was a mutual decision.

We don’t know that he refused to meet at the airport or they mutually made a different plan.

We don’t even know the purpose of the meeting.

There’s just too much unknown at this point.

I missed this article, but it says it all. This guy doesn’t understand the meaning of the word “no.”

Missy Lewis says she connected with Ajayi on Tinder.

The suspect was very charming at first, we had a great conversation,” said Lewis.

At first, he wanted to pick her up at home; when Lewis hesitated, she says Ajayi was persistent.

He said, well how about I pick you up at a parking lot,” added Lewis.

“I said no, I don’t really feel safe doing that,” said Lewis.

After she told him no, repeatedly, she says he snapped.

“Then he started getting belligerent. He kept insisting that’s what we do, and eventually I said hey I don’t really like where this is going, so I think I’m going to unmatch you, and he called me a really bad word,” said Lewis.

Woman recounts almost going on date with suspected killer
The woman he allegedly raped also said that when she texted him to tell him to leave her alone, he sent her back a very rude, unpleasant message.
When his wife refused to go to Utah to live with him, he threatened her.
He seems to be a typical Narcissist who feels entitled, and when he doesn't get his way, punishes the offender. Imo

But we just don’t know at this point, if he initiated these arrangements or not. These are assumptions. They may fit well with a theory of how this crime occurred...but we haven’t proof yet of any of this.

We don’t know that he refused to meet at the airport or they mutually made a different plan.

You are so right and we can only go by what we have. I remember the one girl saying they were best friends and as far as she knew KL had never been to NSLC, she had no idea why she would go there or even knew how to get there, etc. and that the two had never been there in her years there (meaning Utah/SLC) much less why she would go to some park at that hour (I am paraphrasing, not word for word by any means but the gist I recall). It is hard to know what to believe. If what the friend said was true though, why would KL suggest it having an unfamiliarity with it and the area? Who knows though, the friend may have talked like she would know but KL may not have shared everything with her.

We don't know who suggested it, why, how it came about.

What we do know is she went to the park at 3 a.m. after a flight--the park in the opposite direction of her home and somewhere per the friend she would not know nor had ever gone, past his home and was never seen alive again by her family, friends, etc.

Jmo.

Edited to clarify and punctuate last paragraph.

Last edited:
Hi. New here. Do we know who paid for KL's flight to CA for the funeral? Is it possible AA paid for it or gave KL the money in some type of SB/SD agreement?

Seems like roundtrip plane tickets might be a big unplanned expense at a time she had planned to fly out for a friend's wedding. (Tickets, a dress, and a wedding gift really can add up for a financially struggling college student.)

Maybe he paid and she naively agreed to meet him to thank him.

Given that she had another plane flight the next week (to a family wedding, I believe the planning was longterm and her parents were involved) I am guessing that her parents also paid for the funeral trip. This isn't a family, IMO, that is marginally poor, they have disposable income.

Without direct evidence from Venmo or similar, I'm betting that the parents were used to paying for frequent flights from SLC to LA. It's about $200 RT. Most students can afford the fare on their own if they wish to, with a small part time job.

Tinder is one of the world's largest online dating sites. A person creates a profile (they can say whatever they want). Then, Tinder matches them with someone who has the traits that match what they say they want. I collect my students' Tinder (or other online) profiles as part of a small exercise in a class on sex, gender and culture.

People can select by sexuality or other factors. They "swipe" right or left to indicate yes or no on potential matches. If both people say "I like" then Tinder gives them more information and they can chat on the app. It is super important with students at every university I know about. A person arranges their own dates by selecting a geographical region, etc.

She had a job. So yes, she probably flew whenever there were family events.
MOO too bad she never got the chance to keep maturing.

Given that she had another plane flight the next week (to a family wedding, I believe the planning was longterm and her parents were involved) I am guessing that her parents also paid for the funeral trip. This isn't a family, IMO, that is marginally poor, they have disposable income.

Without direct evidence from Venmo or similar, I'm betting that the parents were used to paying for frequent flights from SLC to LA. It's about $200 RT. Most students can afford the fare on their own if they wish to, with a small part time job.[/QUOTE

All these are from google. Third Dam, Logan River.

View attachment 192447 View attachment 192448 View attachment 192449 View attachment 192450

(added to Case Archive, of course, with the article)
Would you happen to know the date of the third photo? I am wondering if it was taken prior to the Year 1 reconstruction.

3rd Dam Construction Project
************** PRESS RELEASE 04-29-2019 **************

Logan Light and Power announces the end of Year 1 reconstruction of Logan 3rd Dam. Spring 2019 construction activities will be completed by Tuesday, April 30. Logan River Trail near 3rd Dam will remain closed this summer, with trail detour signs at each end of the closed trail section. The U.S. Forest Service will continue the closure of Gus Lind campground throughout spring, summer and fall 2019.

Year 2 reconstruction of Logan 3rd Dam will begin in mid-July 2019 and continue through mid-May 2020. Construction activities will affect traffic at times on the canyon road near 3rd Dam. There will be times of brief lane closures with flaggers. There will be increased construction equipment and truck traffic on Highway 89 and near 3rd Dam. Please be courteous, safe and follow the instructions of flaggers in the construction zone. Thank you for your patience while we improve the facilities at 3rd Dam.

True, but we do know that Kenzie was described as open, positive, and very trusting of people.
The killer has been described as being calculating, manipulative, and abusive.
Considering that she ended up dead, and he lied and tried to cover up his actions after the crime, I'm guessing that he was the one persuading her to meet at that time and that location. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla