CA - Jackson Telnas, 12, killed by mother who tried to kill him as a baby, Porterville, 29 Jun 2019 *insanity*

gitana1

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
Jackson was walked, along with his 7 year old brother, into a field. People called the authorities because she was acting weird. They later found both boys unresponsive.

Jackson died. His little brother is in critical condition.

When Jackson was 10 months old, his mother tried to drown him in a river in Montana. She changed her mind and revived him and took him to the hospital. She was sentenced to 10 years as a result. But only spent one in a hospital.

She was granted custody in a divorce in 2010!

Mom who tried to kill baby held in his death 11 years later

She was granted custody????? WTH....:eek::mad:

What does a parent haver too do to be denied custody? She can be convicted of trying to drown her child, and then receives custody in a divorce?

wow, the father must have been a real catch if he was less suitable than her.

She was granted custody????? WTH....:eek::mad:

What does a parent haver too do to be denied custody? She can be convicted of trying to drown her child, and then receives custody in a divorce?

wow, the father must have been a real catch if he was less suitable than her.

One of the links said that he was unemployed and smoked pot every day, so didn’t get custody...he might not have even applied for it. The psychiatrist believed she was stable. Maybe she was at the time, but with mental illness that can change and clearly did at some point. Later she ended up remarrying him and having another son by him. Then he returned to Montana. Poor kids! I’m sure the family is going through a lot of guilt over this.

Tuesday, July 2nd:
*Initial Appearance – (@ am PT) - CA Jackson Telnas (12) (June 29, 2019, Porterville; his 7 yr old bro Jacob Ray in critical condition) - *Sherri Renee Telnas (45) Arrested & charged (6/29/10) with murder, attempted murder & corporal injury to child (Jacob). Held without bond.
April 16, 2008: Clark Fork River, Montana tried to drown Jackson when he was 10 mos old; In a plea agreement, Telnas pleaded no contest to two counts of criminal endangerment & was sentenced to 20 years. Telnas was released in November 2016, was let out of psychiatric hospital & given 20 years probation.
7/2/19 Initial Appearance.

Last edited:
I worked in mental health for 16 years. I can tell you this.... if I ever had a client who tried to kill a child, I would never leave them in charge of children. Especially alone. Especially since it is rare to go through life without needing a med adjustment or having a "relapse", of sorts. And stressful events exaggerate that. But the biggest reason is because children are vulnerable and need to be protected! It is irresponsible to put children back in such a fragile and dangerous situation. The possibility of this being an outcome is the exact reason it shouldn't have happened.

"They were best friends," Keeland said. "Jackson always took care of Jacob Ray, he was his little brother. And Jacob Ray didn't call him Jackson, he called him 'brudder.'"
South Valley mother accused of murdering son tried to drown him in a Montana river in 2008

I bet they were best friends. IMO Jackson "took care" of little Jacob Ray because he was protecting him from an abusive mother. He knew what she was capable of and didn't want Jacob Ray to suffer as he had. They only had each other. My heart just breaks thinking of the lives they lived. Has anyone been able to find an update on Jacob Ray's condition?

Strathmore mother yells for 'Jesus,' Tulare County judge outlines murder charges

Sherri Telnas walked into Department 22 of Porterville's South County Justice Center in shackles.

Her arms were tucked into her red Tulare County jail-issued T-shirt. Her feet were bare and her hair matted and unkempt.
[.....]
Prosecutors could seek the death penalty against the Strathmore mother accused of drowning her son and trying to drown her younger son.

Telnas, scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday, refused to sign a form which enables a judge to hear the case via video conference.
[.....]
Telnas faces one count of murder with the special circumstance of lying in wait, one count of attempted murder causing great bodily injury, one count of gassing, and one count of battery on a peace officer.
[.....]
Telnas will be back in court on Aug. 15 for a preliminary hearing date setting. Currently, she is being held without bail, but that could change at a future bail hearing.

Her attorney didn't ask for a bail hearing and waived a speedy trial.

Second son dies a week after mother's drowning attempt, deputies say (with clip) :(

July 7, 2019

"FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 7-year-old boy has died a week after his mother is accused of trying to drown him and his 12-year-old brother, the Tulare County sheriff's office says....

12-year-old Jackson died from drowning almost immediately.

7-year-old Jacob died early Sunday morning at Valley Children's Hospital.

Coroners will have to determine his exact cause of death.

Sherri Telnas entered a not guilty plea on a murder charge last week. She could now face a second murder count."

Second son dies a week after mother's drowning attempt, grandmother speaks out

f5568b38-1685-4689-aff3-836d7073fb38-medium16x9_StoryLine_template.png

Second son dies a week after mother's drowning attempt, deputies say (with clip) :(

July 7, 2019

"FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 7-year-old boy has died a week after his mother is accused of trying to drown him and his 12-year-old brother, the Tulare County sheriff's office says....

12-year-old Jackson died from drowning almost immediately.

7-year-old Jacob died early Sunday morning at Valley Children's Hospital.

Coroners will have to determine his exact cause of death.

Sherri Telnas entered a not guilty plea on a murder charge last week. She could now face a second murder count."

Second son dies a week after mother's drowning attempt, grandmother speaks out

f5568b38-1685-4689-aff3-836d7073fb38-medium16x9_StoryLine_template.png

RIP Jacob and Jackson. I am so very sorry, you deserved a happy life :(

I just don't get it. Really, she tried to drown the older son years ago and gets custody. Wondering if it was because he was older and likelyhood would be less that he would be hurt.

How can she drown him in a ditch? (I understand the younger son, he is small). Did she also medicate them? (benedryl etc)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back