GUILTY WA - Nikki Kuhnhausen, 17, transgender, murdered, Vancouver, 5 June 2019 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
17-year-old Nikki Kuhnhausen was staying at a friend's apartment near Northeast 4th Plain and Brandt. She walked out the door on Wednesday, June 5, leaving all her things behind, and hasn't been seen since. Nikki left at 6 a.m. and got a ride from a man she knew who is believed to be in his 50s. Police have also posted Nikki's information on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. She's listed under the name Nikolas Kuhnhausen -- but she identifies as a woman.

Her mother said Nikki usually keeps in touch several times a day by text or Facebook messages, so she knew something was wrong when Nikki didn't respond starting that morning.

Nikki is 5-foot-8 and 120 pounds with dark hair. She has hazel eyes and a semicolon tattoo on one wrist as well as many scars on her legs, thumb, stomach, thigh and neck.

Mom of missing teen believes daughter is in danger

teen%20missing_1560831972402.jpg_92741050_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Her mother knew something was wrong when her daughter stopped posting her famous selfies on Facebook, none of her friends had heard from her, and then she missed her high school graduation.

Nikki was last seen leaving her friend’s house where she’d been staying, that those friends said she got into an older Russian man’s car at about 6:30 in the morning and was hesitant to leave.

Nikki is still believed to be in the Vancouver-Portland area.

Missing Vancouver teen believed to be in danger

Oh my gosh. My heart is breaking for this family. My best friend’s child is in the process of transitioning. Even though he has been in therapy and has an amazing support system around him, the process is hard, so very, very hard.

My friend is very active in the LGBT community in the Pacific Northwest. I’ve shared the news with them. Wish I wasn’t so far away, so I could do more.

The part about Nikki having many scars and the semicolon tattoo, lead me to believe that she may be doing something like cutting or any other form of self-harm. Many of these transgender girls are heavily fetishized by adult males who use and abuse them. So, the information about her leaving with a 50-year-old man really scares me. If she's on any dating apps, it would be a good idea to check it out and see if she was trying to meet with someone.

Why does she have so many scars? I hope it's not from self-harm.
Normally scars like that indicate of a "cutter". It's not a suicide attempt but rather self-harm to control emotional pain. There is a treatment hospital here in Chicago (Linden Oak Hospital) that specializes in treatment for it. Patients range from 11 years old to 30.

Nikki is one of a string of vulnerable transgender youth. Do we know if she was staying with young adults or older adults in the home she left at 6:30 am?

Her poor mom must be beside herself. I hope she is safe and alive but I fear she is not.

No Amber Alert for Nikki? They know she left with a male 50-year-old and that she was picked up by car. The people she was staying with didn't see her getting picked up up? They didn't see the car? And why was she staying with someone else that was not her mother?

Ok, my post was against tos as I thought. I'm not quite sure how to work around this. The information is very easy to find if you start at the video posted on June 25th on the approved Facebook page here. Look for the comment from a LW, posted under a question asked by NW..
National Women's Coalition Against Violence & Exploitation (NWCAVE)

The Facebook post that’s posted above is a train wreck. I can’t understand it at all since it’s one long run on sentence with no punctuation, but from the gist of it, Nikki seems like she’s been surrounded by some questionable people.

The Facebook post that’s posted above is a train wreck. I can’t understand it at all since it’s one long run on sentence with no punctuation, but from the gist of it, Nikki seems like she’s been surrounded by some questionable people.
I am glad you had a chance to see it before my post was removed. Lots of info there! I'm new here so still learning the rules of WS

When we have kids living on the margins, their lives are often chaotic and good, healthful decision-making is the last ability to kick in. We have no idea about what Nikki was engaged in but we do know that her mom has been her advocate for awhile.

Oddly (or not), on the Help Find Nikki (through National Women's Coalition Against Violence and Exploitation) page there are very few posts from peers of this young woman. Are her friends not concerned? Who is her peer group and do they know anything?

I am hoping that today is the day that Nikki comes home. Peace and justice to her and her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back