Driver suspected of violating carpool-lane rule had body in back

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Police in Las Vegas pulled over a driver suspected of violating carpool-lane rules. His excuse was that he had a body in the back.
[...]
[Trooper] Smaka realized the van was being used by a funeral home.

"I'm asking, 'Oh, you work for a funeral home?' and in my mind, I'm saying 'Please say yes," Smaka said.

[...]
"While we are sure this will be debated for a long time our take away is if you're not a mortuary and you get stopped by a Trooper for driving in the HOV lane with a dead body in your car, the HOV lane violation is going to be the least of your concerns."

... our take away is if you're not a mortuary and you get stopped by a Trooper for driving in the HOV lane with a dead body in your car, the HOV lane violation is going to be the least of your concerns."

North Carolina Home Funeral Laws

If that website is correct, here in North Carolina in most cases it's perfectly legal to go get Uncle Ed at the hospital, strap him to the roof rack of your Subaru, and if you're outside of city regulations and HOA restrictions, borrow an excavator, and lay him to rest in his tobacco field. :) Personally, I'd rather be handled that way than go to a funeral home. (Not that I'll do either--I'm going to a hospital 'gross anatomy' lab for the med students.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back