Found Deceased VA - Noah Tomlin, 2, Hampton, 24 June 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something? I don’t remember seeing anything about blaming grandmother for Noah’s disappearance and death?

No one has been charged with Noah’s murder. Lack of responsibility for that little boy? Certainly JT. And the father didn’t help the situation by continuing to procreate with JT. Three prior children by him that his mother is raising (bless her heart). He goes back to make another one with JT with multiple children with multiple fathers. That’s crazy in itself. All JMO.

How many children were actually living with JT besides Noah?

Last edited:
Did I miss something? I don’t remember seeing anything about blaming grandmother for Noah’s disappearance and death?

No one has been charged with Noah’s murder. Lack of responsibility for that little boy? Certainly JT. And the father didn’t help the situation by continuing to procreate with JT. Three prior children by him that his mother is raising (bless her heart). He goes back to make another one with JT with multiple children with multiple fathers. That’s crazy in itself. All JMO.

Here is Jones' full statement:

I know everyone is wondering why Noah's father and family have stayed quiet throughout this past week of hellish speculation, conjecture, and innuendo. Nevertheless, we are now prepared to speak out and explain our position on why we have remained in the background until now. Additionally, before we relay our sentiments on this shocking, and horrendous situation that two families find themselves entangled, everyone needs to remember that Noah had nine, yes nine siblings that are also innocent victims. And it is because of the other nine children involved that we ask the public to take care with what they post on social media as the older children are privy to everything that is being posted and it is severely upsetting adding to the stress of them finding out their brother has died at the hand of their mother. Please have care and think before you post and ask yourself, would I want my child to read this if the tables were turned?

We have chosen to remain silent until now because we have Julia Tomlin's three oldest children. We adopted them in 2011, after she signed away her parental rights before going to jail after being convicted of felony child abuse. We adopted the three older children who are our grandchildren and who we fostered for six months prior to the adoption's finalization. There is also a set of twins one of which was the victim of the stove burn. The twins found a new life and home with an unknown family. There are also three more boys who all reside with their fathers. The baby is now in foster care and we pray that she finds a loving family. All in all, it is the nine other children that everyone should consider in the aftermath of the tragedy. Please be sensitive in what is said and/or written. People can speculate, spew hatred and venom or they can opt to send prayers and well wishes. Until the entire situation comes to light and the truth in its entirety comes out, please understand that the children are wounded, and devastated.

It was our true belief and hope beyond hope that Noah would be returned home safely and that his disappearance was nothing more than a sickening prank that had gone awry. We sincerely thought that Julia had arranged to have someone hide Noah as a means of upsetting Noah's father and getting back at him for changing his plans of going to her house the morning of his return. Instead, he decided to come straight to see his parents and older three children, on his return to Virginia from California on Saturday, June 22. Noah's father had been residing in California for the past two years and did not find out about Julia's pregnancy until after he had moved for work. We genuinely believed that Julia was vying for attention as it would not be the first time that Julia had caused drama and chaos for unseen slights. Unfortunately, our worst fears came to fruition as we all found out this past Wednesday, July 3. There is much more of this story to be told but, as I asked of you all I must abide by own wishes and not post anything that would be hurtful to the children. I do want to say that our hearts are broken and the sadness is stifling. There is a cloud of sorrow over our home. We pray that all who have sent love and support to us know that it has been a great comfort to our family to know that so many people care. Additionally, for those who have sent donations, we wish only to see Noah's siblings be the beneficiaries and recipients of the goodwill of the public who has been so very generous.

Cindy Jones explained why her family, including Noah's father, have been quiet, describing the past week as being one of "hellish speculation, conjecture, and innuendo."

Noah Tomlin's grandmother says 'cloud of sorrow' is over family's home, thanks community for support
cdc21ff0-1f7b-447b-92b1-26f38a8b2bb0_750x422.jpg

Last edited:
Sult wouldn’t elaborate on the condition of the boy’s body, though he said it was not incinerated. Forensics technicians were still processing the site Wednesday afternoon.

The chief declined to say how police believe Noah’s remains ended up in the trash — and who they think is responsible. He would not say whether more charges are expected.

“I’m not excluding anything,” Sult said. “There’s still much to be done … There’s still an investigation that has to go on, including an autopsy.”

The cause and manner of the toddler’s death will be determined by the State Medical Examiner’s Office, and decisions on charges would be made in coordination with the Hampton commonwealth’s attorney’s office, he said.
Remains believed to be missing Hampton toddler found at steam plant

When I made the thread for Noah, I hoped that it'd be a different outcome than this. RIP sweet boy - you deserved much more than this.

When is CPS going to step up and help the KIDS instead of being 'politically correct, following the guidelines, keeping mothers with their children' oriented!?! I'm sick of it. I'm sick of these threads where the parent(s) had every opportunity to turn things around, where people could have intervened, and still a child suffered because there wasn't 'enough' to pull them. A sap story of a child being burned from a hot stove over their entire body should have been the line drawn in the sand where those children were given to people who would actually love them.

I just thought that I would share this information:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2emG6pLy75uuW0UNjrGwN_

This is sad to read that many think grandma should of done more for Noah. We don’t know that she even knew what was going on with him. She may of not had contact with him. As a grandmother myself who petitioned the court and asked my grandson be declared a child in need of care and be permanently placed with us. It’s not exactly easy. In our case the child was never under cps watch. We always had him to keep that from happening. But when drugs became the focus of our daughters life we knew especially after me reading all these cases on websluthes. One case last year was the turning point for me, I knew we had to try. It’s not easy , when the mother hasn’t been involved with cps to just ask
Them to remove the child. But we knew it was only a matter of time. Nor is it cheap if the state doesn’t already have the child . You have to pay for everything on your own it’s not easy for a lot of people to do.

We did it and thank god we won. Our little guy had been with us since he was 1 but we officially became his guardians at 2.5. He celebrated his 4th Birthday yesterday. He’s happy healthy and thriving. He’s nothing like that baby we were basically left with at 14 months old. He won the right to live a happy , healthy childhood.

At times his mother makes stupid comments about she wants another baby. Since her boys are grown and she misses having a baby. But she missed both her kids life when they were toddlers. She would never be able to handle a young child if she were clean. She doesn’t have the patience for it. When she makes those stAtement I am just furious. Because I’m done I know the cycle would repeat itself and guys I can’t do it again. I’ve raised 3 to adulthood. I have a teen ( our child) who will need to be in my care for as long as I live. Plus my now 4 yr old grandson who I know I will have until he’s a adult. I’m fine with that I knew that going into this. I love that little boy more then I thought possible. I don’t think I could give him up ever he’s mine we’ve raised him.

But if she had another child would I be judged for not doing more for that child? I’m sure I would be. I would do all in power to get social services involved ASAP. But is it fair to expect myself and my husband to swoop in and take yet another child ? Is it fAir to the 2 children in our care now? I know my limit. I can’t continue to be expected to just jump in and take every child she were to have. It’s not rational to blame anyone but the parents who are repeat offenders. I think like many of you we need to change the laws . No we can’t forcefully sterilize people ( I wish) but it’s pretty missed up that if a pet owner is convicted of animal abuse , they are forbidden from owning a pet again. However a convicted child abuser is allowed to not just birth a child but take that child home. That’s the problem I see.

A child is not a property you don’t own a human which I understand. But I think you should have the right or not to actually be a mother. My daughter was declared unfit by the judge in our case. Even though she hadn’t even had the chance to abuse or let our little be abused. She was neglectful I suppose by leaving him. However it was based on her character her choice etc. drugs so forth that they deemed her unfit. So I think if someone is declared a unfit parent for one child they should never be allowed to leave the hospital with another. Unless they work to get themselves declared a fit parent. This is just imo. This hits a nerve with me. Because I would be in a situation myself if my daughter was stupid enough to have another. Taking on another child would cause me to be less available for the children I already have. I’m totally not blaming grandparents on this one. They took in 3 already come on. Let’s give them a break.

Thanks, it's an interesting read! Something that caught my eye on page 6 was the mention of a law called "Homicide by Abuse." As of 2001 the report said 23 states have such a law. It's different from Felony Murder in that it's specific to children, elders and other vulnerable people.

I wasn't able to find a complete list of states which have this law - my state, Washington, does. There must be a documented pattern of previous abuse on the same victim. Virginia has a felony murder law, which is similar but not a specific homicide by abuse law. It's considered 2nd degree murder, punishable by 5 - 40 years. BTW, by contrast 38 states, including Virginia, have Fetal Murder laws.

Hopefully Noah's autopsy will shed more light on what happened.

There were 2 more living with her The tiny baby and a 3 year old

This is sad to read that many think grandma should of done more for Noah. We don’t know that she even knew what was going on with him. She may of not had contact with him. As a grandmother myself who petitioned the court and asked my grandson be declared a child in need of care and be permanently placed with us. It’s not exactly easy. In our case the child was never under cps watch. We always had him to keep that from happening. But when drugs became the focus of our daughters life we knew especially after me reading all these cases on websluthes. One case last year was the turning point for me, I knew we had to try. It’s not easy , when the mother hasn’t been involved with cps to just ask
Them to remove the child. But we knew it was only a matter of time. Nor is it cheap if the state doesn’t already have the child . You have to pay for everything on your own it’s not easy for a lot of people to do.

We did it and thank god we won. Our little guy had been with us since he was 1 but we officially became his guardians at 2.5. He celebrated his 4th Birthday yesterday. He’s happy healthy and thriving. He’s nothing like that baby we were basically left with at 14 months old. He won the right to live a happy , healthy childhood.

At times his mother makes stupid comments about she wants another baby. Since her boys are grown and she misses having a baby. But she missed both her kids life when they were toddlers. She would never be able to handle a young child if she were clean. She doesn’t have the patience for it. When she makes those stAtement I am just furious. Because I’m done I know the cycle would repeat itself and guys I can’t do it again. I’ve raised 3 to adulthood. I have a teen ( our child) who will need to be in my care for as long as I live. Plus my now 4 yr old grandson who I know I will have until he’s a adult. I’m fine with that I knew that going into this. I love that little boy more then I thought possible. I don’t think I could give him up ever he’s mine we’ve raised him.

But if she had another child would I be judged for not doing more for that child? I’m sure I would be. I would do all in power to get social services involved ASAP. But is it fair to expect myself and my husband to swoop in and take yet another child ? Is it fAir to the 2 children in our care now? I know my limit. I can’t continue to be expected to just jump in and take every child she were to have. It’s not rational to blame anyone but the parents who are repeat offenders. I think like many of you we need to change the laws . No we can’t forcefully sterilize people ( I wish) but it’s pretty missed up that if a pet owner is convicted of animal abuse , they are forbidden from owning a pet again. However a convicted child abuser is allowed to not just birth a child but take that child home. That’s the problem I see.

A child is not a property you don’t own a human which I understand. But I think you should have the right or not to actually be a mother. My daughter was declared unfit by the judge in our case. Even though she hadn’t even had the chance to abuse or let our little be abused. She was neglectful I suppose by leaving him. However it was based on her character her choice etc. drugs so forth that they deemed her unfit. So I think if someone is declared a unfit parent for one child they should never be allowed to leave the hospital with another. Unless they work to get themselves declared a fit parent. This is just imo. This hits a nerve with me. Because I would be in a situation myself if my daughter was stupid enough to have another. Taking on another child would cause me to be less available for the children I already have. I’m totally not blaming grandparents on this one. They took in 3 already come on. Let’s give them a break.
You are a hero ❤ I wished a lot would change about grandparents rights as well.

DBM? I'm not too sure what that means.. Unless you're meaning "Don't bother me." If that's what you meant... I'm sorry if I offended you in some way, and okay I will respect your wishes. If it does indeed mean something totally different here, then I'll have to ask you to please clue me in.. Lol

Lol... it means "Deleted By Me".

Since we can't delete our posts once they're live on the thread. :)

Exactly. And I am not advocating that "drug addicts are "good parents"". But I have seen drug addicts that don't abuse their kids. It is too easy to just agree that drug addiction is the problem, everyone nod their head.

It is easier than acknowledging that some people should not be parents, and can never be fixed or cured. It is an ingrained personality disorder.
Totally 100% Agree with you in this.. Some ppl are natural born killers or at least have it ingrained in them by picking up a personality disorder early in their formative years. But also drugs can be responsible in some cases, IMO. Because drugs mess with our brain's and because they mess with our brain's they mess with our ability to make good decisions and in some cases stay lucid. This in itself could end up leading to a child's death.

I'm finding it difficult in waiting on the details of Noah.
Lol... it means "Deleted By Me".

Since we can't delete our posts once they're live on the thread. :)
Oh.. so one of my post's was deleted? Hmm.. And thank you for taking the time to answer me. Hey, has anyone got any updates on Noah's case? I haven't been able to be online much.

Oh.. so one of my post's was deleted? Hmm.. And thank you for taking the time to answer me. Hey, has anyone got any updates on Noah's case? I haven't been able to be online much.

Not necessarily. Mods can remove posts. We cannot remove our posts, or others. What we do, instead, is edit the post (removing what we no longer wish to say) and type DBM. Translation: I deleted my previous thought.

If the mother is responsible, what punishment would she receive?
Due to her lifestyle, possibly being affected by drugs, would she be sentenced to prison.
I guess, when released, her days will continue as before.
MOO.
Depending on what the M.E. finds at autopsy -- if anything can be determined due to the condition of the body -- she could be charged with murder, either premeditated (1st degree), or not premeditated -- manslaughter (2nd degree).
If found guilty, she could be locked up for life or 20 or 30 yrs-to-life or whatever VA statutes say for the charge/conviction. I wouldn't think being on drugs would mitigate what she did at all.

Thank you so much for this post. I truly support everything you have posted and feel the same as you do.

No! The poster deleted his/her post, not one of yours. When the new software was installed the ability to delete a post was no longer an option. So if someone writes a post and then regrets it they can either contact a mod to delete it for them or simply edit the post to erase what they wrote. Most people do that and in order to not cause confusion they just type DBM. Also, sometimes when the server is acting up we end up with two identical posts, so same remedy for that.

Don't worry BlueBerry, we all run into this and it doesn't reflect on you. After a while you'll find if someone strongly disagrees with something you post they'll say so in a reply. Members can't delete posts written by other members, all they can do is report it and let a mod handle it. And if a mod deletes a post for some reason (off topic, no link if stating something as fact, throwing shade on a victim for example) they'll notify you - most of the time.

And as far as feeling frustrated while waiting for more details on Noah's COD (cause of death), get used to it ;). Some cases go on for months, even years before information is released or charges are brought. The worst ones for me are the cases where it's obvious who did what but LE is still working on gathering enough evidence. Then there are the little ones who still are missing, like Myra Lewis or Delano Wilson.

Your posts have been well written and a pleasure to read so please know you're fitting into the forum just fine! :)

I honestly don't get the whole keeping kids with their families at all costs.

If a person is subjected to domestic violence, we know the risks and we encourage leaving the relationship and preserving safety.

Why on earth don't we afford children suffering from abuse the same. Disgusting.

Great point, Scratchet! An abused spouse can just walk out -- some don't for all kinds of reasons -- the kids, or (let's just say "she") she has been abused so long she thinks she deserves it; she thinks she has nowhere to go -- but there is Interact and other similar places who take mom and the children; or she has no money and no way to get away, etc., so she feels she can't even try, etc. But at least an adult can walk away, and it is encouraged -- a two year old cannot, and there's the rub.
It can be a dangerous thing to leave an abusive spouse/partner, but at least society and attorneys, counselors, etc., do encourage leaving and try to, or recommend, help. Not the same situation of course, but it shouldn't be that difficult to remove an abused child. Dammit.
And this,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Scratchet !!

True, but out of 10 children the grandmother adopted the three who are their bio grandkids while three went to their fathers and the set of twins were adopted out to non family. The baby is in foster care.

So yes, you could say the grandmother didn't step up for Noah but it sounds like the mother was problematic and I'm not sure how often they even saw him. IMO she at least made sure three kids live in a safe home with family. That's more than we've seen in most cases here. MOO.
bbm
Absolutely -- I was gonna add a post to hail the grandmother as a hero, but I haven't done it yet. Yes, bless her heart -- three children are a lot of children to feed, raise, clothe, help with homework, keep healthy, get them to/from school, deal with what they have gone through, perhaps get them therapy, etc. Yes, a great show of love and sacrifice.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It seemed as if there is alot more that the grandmother wanted to say but I understand why she chose not to. I also understand what she meant by thinking at first that it was all a sick joke to get at Noah's Father. I have known women like that. Well... I call them girl's, because a real woman has better sense than to do immature things like that IMO... If that was her first thought when Noah went missing then that in itself speaks volumes to what kind of a person this JT really is. It's sad. I can't wait for it all to come out in the open. Idk why but for some reason, I feel that I need to know what happened to have closure myself. Maybe it's because this is the first case that I have followed from the beginning. Noah definitely reached my heart. I'm glad he was found and will be laid to rest, but I need to know what happened to this poor little boy.
bbm
Well, your feelings about this little boy, whom we never knew, are the same as many of ours here on this thread. We do feel like we know him now, and that's the way it goes with most of us. Some cases do hit some Sleuthers deeper and harder than others, but we all get very attached, especially to these little ones.
You're in it with us now, BlueBerry101, and there's plenty of room on this bus for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44