Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of thoughts here ...

I'm guessing the "wife" involved a cash transaction. She's in Texas, he's in Utah, she has told the news media she never had sex with him. Not sure I've seen anything about him living in Texas.

I'm not suggesting they didn't meet online but I do think they are both likely to have been in downtown SLC bars at the same time. I think the evidence is that they didn't meet through an arrangement site. Women on arrangement sites aren't looking to meet a 31 year old -- that's called regular dating. His pictures don't make him look successful. While I think he can scam for a bit, I don't think he could pull off an online conversation for long enough to convince her he was a successful educated guy. He had her real number which in my experience is very unusual The pay per interview media has been in SLC -- I'm sure they'd pay a lot to someone who communicated with him through an arrangement site but we've heard nothing on that -- not even a screenshot. She was an attractive 23 year old college student -- she wouldn't need to meet someone at 3 AM to have an ongoing arrangement. They aren't connected on Venmo. The arrangement site is known to ban people for being abusive/aggressive -- which sounds like him.
Well, his wife claimed her Godmother introduced them but LE said there was evidence of him using a stolen laptop to find a wife.

I don't think his getting married involved a cash transaction but it does sound like he may have provided financially in some way to his wife and her children in exchange for the marriage.

Again, what exactly is the evidence that they did NOT meet through a dating site?

Both the victim and the suspect seem to have a strong online presence, both were on dating sites, and neither one of them were in the same social circle.
It would have been much easier to fool someone online than in person.

He would not necessarily have had to be abusive on line, in fact I would think it more likely that he would not be, if his goal was to be charming or predatory in some way.

I do think he was pretty skilled in being manipulative, however. I'm not sure he was as good at it in person, though. His wife noticed his true colors within months. Imo

Mainly because he does not come across as someone smart enough to pull such a daring act with any help (except if he was on drugs or had prior mental illness?).
Secondly, he handed over his phone with all ML's photos and text messages to LE and then went on to say he does not know who ML was? This is a very abnormal behaviour IMO. Then there is the evidence in his backyard, he had a good 2/3 days to get rid of those before the search trail heated up but he decided to leave it there but take her body to LC? Maybe he is just beyond dumb or a crucial part of the story is still missing. Remember the main point here is understanding how and when he killed her (the murder), there is nothing more important than this. I consider his person, history and other profiling to be a distraction.
I will surely be following this story to see what the official charges are, I would NOT be surprised if another suspect is unveiled.
LE could've known about the text messages between AA and ML and the pics of ML on AA's phone WITHOUT his phone. So, they had the info first and then asked him the questions. He then lied, not knowing LE already had the info, and LE caught him in lies. This happens frequently. LE doesn't tell the suspect what the evidence is and then they sit back and watch the suspect bury himself with lies that they can prove.

LE could've known about the text messages between AA and ML and the pics of ML on AA's phone WITHOUT his phone. So, they had the info first and then asked him the questions. He then lied, not knowing LE already had the info, and LE caught him in lies. This happens frequently. LE doesn't tell the suspect what the evidence is and then they sit back and watch the suspect bury himself with lies that they can prove.

Exactly. They sit back and basically say “lie to me.”

That was gold in this case, as it would have provided some basis for the search warrant on his house.

Last edited:
Spot on -- AA never had good intentions.

Whether he met ML at the airport, park, or pancake house, he never had good intentions.

Yup. If he ever did have good intentions he would have told her to go home and get some rest after a stressful time in Cali and they could meet up when she was rested. He’s a calculating P*S.

LE knows how it came to be that they met at the park. Hopefully we'll find this out. When I was around her age I worked all day and would go out nearly every night, some nights not taking time to sleep. So, her being ready to do whatever doesn't surprise me. Agreeing to meet at the park has me a bit stumped.

But there is no way of drawing any reasonable conclusions without these details; just all speculations driven by sentiments.
This is a really big crime and for everything to be carried out by only AA without any external assistance or accomplice going by the actual facts we know (so far) is just hard to believe - thats just me. Why has he got almost 12 cameras in his house? was he paranoid about something or does he use the footage for something else? LE should surely be able to get something out of at least one of those camera? Did he host any Airbnb guests during the period ML disappeared? Have those guests been check? I am just saying, everything should be uncovered so that justice is appropriately served. I have read too many cases where someone takes the fall for others to be free.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into his ex-wife's statement, wouldn't expect her to give any glowing endorsement given the circumstances surrounding their "marriage" and how easily she "willing to testify against him", it had resentment written all over it.

Some of these questions have partial answers (over many pages of this forum).

You know that he contacted a contractor, who when interviewed, said he wanted to build a soundproof room with hooks at 7 feet off the ground, right? Under his front porch.

12 cameras is a lot if the only reason is security. Top on my list of suspicions is that he hoped to be able to market some of the footage from his house, perhaps from his AirBnB rental. I believe that at least 2 guests have been contacted by police, IIRC. Who knows how many others have contacted or will contact police? None of them were for the night she disappeared.

The fires started the night after she flew into the airport. She hasn't been seen since that night - the Lyft driver was the last person to see her. She got into his car (we know she was at his house because DNA/tissue evidence). He certainly knows something. He would have a *lot* of explaining to do, to get rid of the charred tissue evidence. That's way enough to charge him.

Others may be charged in future, who knows what this could devolve into? But in general, it's not rings of people who murder and burn co-eds.

@Seahorseladydi
Her remains were recovered on Wednesday in Logan Canyon and were confirmed to be hers, with the family and public notified on Friday. I think that's the lastest news. The recovery has been called "remains" not body, so we're still wondering what exactly happened.

Someone will surely correct me if I got that wrong. ;)

jmo

The majority of MSM reports cite "body" found and/or recovered.

Body of Murdered University of Utah Student Mackenzie Lueck Has Been Found

Utah police say they have found body of slain college student Mackenzie Lueck

Body of slain University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck recovered

Body of missing Utah student Mackenzie Lueck found

Mackenzie Lueck's body has been found, police say - CNN

Exactly ... if you're not in a rush to get married, why not date a guy who can take you on nice dates, maybe take you on trips, have better conversation, help navigate career and life choices, and get help with tuition.

But ... these are things you discuss in messages before hand and over a nice lunch or dinner. It's not something you discuss at 3 AM in a park. This who SB thing is just click bait for the media.

My daughter managed to get thru college without the need to be "paid" for her companionship or having someone pay for her dinner or tuition. So did I and I was in college decades ago.

I think the media are more concerned about the millions of naive young women who are engaged in incredibly high risk behaviors. Predators lurk on these websites and relationships can take a turn south very, very quickly.

JMO

"In 2017, a University student, who is not being identified to protect her identity, reached out to The Aurora Center at the University for support while being harassed by a man she met on SeekingArrangement.

According to a Minnesota District Court transcript of her testimony, the student alleged the man sexually assaulted her around the time they met. The two then engaged in an arrangement that lasted four months, and after she tried to end it, she alleges he harassed her through social media.

The student, who recently underwent a legal name change, filed for a restraining order in court through the University’s Student Legal Service in 2018. The student was awarded a restraining order, which is effective until June 2019. The court did not find sufficient evidence to prove sexual assault."

The bittersweet life of sugar babies at the University of Minnesota

@Seahorseladydi
Her remains were recovered on Wednesday in Logan Canyon and were confirmed to be hers, with the family and public notified on Friday. I think that's the lastest news. The recovery has been called "remains" not body, so we're still wondering what exactly happened.

Someone will surely correct me if I got that wrong. ;)

jmo

Thank you very much @Inthedetails

My daughter managed to get thru college without the need to be "paid" for her companionship or having someone pay for her dinner or tuition. So did I and I was in college decades ago.

I think the media are more concerned about the millions of naive young women who are engaged in incredibly high risk behaviors. Predators lurk on these websites and relationships can take a turn south very, very quickly.

JMO

"In 2017, a University student, who is not being identified to protect her identity, reached out to The Aurora Center at the University for support while being harassed by a man she met on SeekingArrangement.

According to a Minnesota District Court transcript of her testimony, the student alleged the man sexually assaulted her around the time they met. The two then engaged in an arrangement that lasted four months, and after she tried to end it, she alleges he harassed her through social media.

The student, who recently underwent a legal name change, filed for a restraining order in court through the University’s Student Legal Service in 2018. The student was awarded a restraining order, which is effective until June 2019. The court did not find sufficient evidence to prove sexual assault."

The bittersweet life of sugar babies at the University of Minnesota

I don’t think most of the media is concerned about anything here, other than generating clicks.

That’s why we’ve seen sensational headlines, especially from outlets like the Daily Mail.

It’s a juicy story, and they continue to milk it for all it’s worth.

Predators lurk everywhere, but there’s no doubt that dating apps have changed the game for them.

We still don’t know how this meetup came to be, or the true nature of their relationship.

It is important to analyze risk, and evaluate what people can do to keep themselves safe.

But we don’t know how her dating habits, played into his hands.

Not yet.

It doesn't appear that ML was into drugs, but it's one of only two reasons I can think of for a 3:00 a.m. meetup in a park. Complete Speculation: If she was in fact using, or was just looking for a little something to get her through midterms that week or even work or school the next day after a late flight, it might explain the encounter on her part. After a delayed flight, emotional weekend, and staying in what residents of her hometown call "Mayberry by the Sea", maybe she had been without the entire weekend and needed to get her hands on something.

JMO

All legitimate points of view. On the other hand, if you think back, you'll remember that some of your classmates did tend to date older guys and some spent the weekend away from college.

Statistically, the danger is much more significant with people close in age, such as the situation with AA and ML where they were in a normal dating age range. Plus, I suspect the University of Minnesota has far more reports of dating violence between students in a month, than they have had from arrangements combined from the past several years.

The majority of college students today are women. It's even a higher percentage of women students in graduate schools. I don't think they're naive. 23 year old college students from LA don't meet people for the first time at 3 AM in a park.

Back on topic, there isn't the slightest evidence that ML and AA met through an arrangement site. I don't know if they met through Tinder, Bumble, or at a bar.

It doesn't appear that ML was into drugs, but it's one of only two reasons I can think of for a 3:00 a.m. meetup in a park. Complete Speculation: If she was in fact using, or was just looking for a little something to get her through midterms that week or even work or school the next day after a late flight, it might explain the encounter on her part. After a delayed flight, emotional weekend, and staying in what residents of her hometown call "Mayberry by the Sea", maybe she had been without the entire weekend and needed to get her hands on something.
I'm not seeing a drug connection, tbh. We don't have evidence or even hints that ML used drugs and I haven't seen anything about AA in that regard either (might have missed that as I can't keep up with every post - if so, clue me in, please.).

But we do have evidence that both used online means to meet dates.

So, I'm thinking the meeting in the park had more to do with a hook-up or arrangement rather than with drugs.

But, really don't know yet, I guess.

jmo

The Professions With the Most Psychopaths

According to a fascinating (if not exactly easily actionable) recent PsyBlog post, psychopaths aren't evenly scattered through the population. According to research done by psychologist Kevin Dutton called the Great British Psychopath Survey, some jobs seem to attract them and have higher than average numbers of psychopaths among their practitioners. And sorry, business leaders, you're not going to like which gig tops the list:

1. CEO
  2. Lawyer
  3. Media (TV and radio)
  4. Salesperson
  5. Surgeon
  6. Journalist
  7. Police officer
  8. Clergyperson
  9. Chef
  10. Civil servant

Things that make you go hmmmmm….

Okay... Help.... please :)

I’m sorry to be a pain. But, I’ve read the last 5 pages of this thread and..... I’ve been off here a few days as my doggie managed to rupture his eye and had to have emergency surgery to remove it (so now I’m being his support human...lol) then our sons birthday.
I’m just wondering what the honkey fiddlesticks happened? ML was burned in AA’s backyard...... BUT WAIT.... Now her body has been found?!?!?! I am one lost frog in an ocean of snakes!

Edited: coming up on reading the next 3 pages ... I started at 21.
I'm sorry to hear about your doggie. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

The media thread is a great way to catch up! The latest press conference and reports are here: Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June, 2019 Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*
Not only his interests he put on there, but he doesn't appear to be wearing a shirt. What's around his neck? Headphones?
Yes, and IIRC, there was a neighbor who said he always wore earbuds. Not that that necessarily means anything...:) MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member