Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of that, but I think it's likely he parked the car in his garage. I have a Ring doorbell as well as security cameras and while they can be pretty clear in the daylight, you can't see much but headlights in the evening hours.
Does anyone have a garage photo? I remember it being full of stuff I want to see if his car could fit in there.

I thought of that, but I think it's likely he parked the car in his garage. I have a Ring doorbell as well as security cameras and while they can be pretty clear in the daylight, you can't see much but headlights in the evening hours.
The headlights at least would give us the time he pulled in which would be helpful.

I know nothing about Ring doorbells.

Is there a way to manually disable them?
I just looked in my Ring Doorbell Ap. If he wanted to turn off recordings triggered by motion, he could easily go into the ap or log in through a laptop and change the motion detection settings.

For example you can change the sensitivity to only detect a person very close to the front door, or you could change the motion parameters down to nothing so no motion would be detected. So it is possible, but I'm not convinced he'd be that savvy or that he was thinking this far in advance.

Also he seemed like quite a fan of cameras! I wonder if he also had additional exterior surveillance cameras on his house? Yes, I'm sure that on a house that size the entire front of his house would be captured on his Ring camera parameters.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Ring doorbells.

Is there a way to manually disable them?

I know nothing about them either, except for the fact that once they sense movement they start recording. Looking at the layout of his house it’s not far off to assume that it could detect when a car was pulling in because it seems the headlights would shine towards it? Either way, I’m curious on another entrance to the house. Maybe I missed someone posting another way to get in where he was able to avoid the front door.

I also recall talk about the doorbell sounding and alarm constantly when LE was doing a search of the home. I’m honestly just praying that it caught some type of evidence from the night he met up with Kenzie.

ETA: just saw @alsleuther post after I posted mine and they can give more insight on Ring. Good to know!!

MOO in Utah, burning her tissue is one of the criteria to increase a murder charge to aggravated.
So even if she died accidentally, for example due to drugs or during some activity, he is still meets the Utah criterion for murder which includes simply putting someone harms way.
That murder charge is then automatically escalated to aggravated murder charge due to the way he treated her body after, even if all abuse was after death.

MOO he met someone with expectations, killed because it wasn't going to be like he wanted. Basically raped her and then killed her to prevent her from talking to police. Then attempted to cover up his crime with fire and dumping the body.
No premeditation is needed to make this scenario murder 1, in Utah desecrating the body does that.
IMO I don’t think he would’ve been afraid of her talking to the police if he did rape her. Remember he raped before with no consequences? I think this is far worse than killing her to avoid jail time for rape. A lot worse.

I also think he had money stashed and had probably given her a few payments to entice her. He had enough cash to order a massage bed. College kids don’t need tons. I send my son $100 and he’s over the moon.

MOO

I feel most of the speculation are baseless because you are failing to understand what LE has said so far:

LE said they found charred remains of female tissue which they have linked by DNA analysis to ML.

They also said conclusively that ML is dead.

Now the question is what constitutes a female tissue?

How are they conclusive that ML was dead before they found her body?

IMO, the female tissue could be some sexual organ that was cut out and burned and/or they have some video evidence. They only arrested AA on Friday after analyzing what they took from his house.

This still doesn't prove whether he did it until they find out there are no one else involved in it. We know for a fact that AA was the only person burning something in his yard.

<modsnip: no link to image; all images require a link to source>

I think that they said ‘female tissue’ as part of the timeline of when they knew what they they knew. They knew first that it was female tissue, because a simple inspection under a microscope would tell them that. (A pair of XX chromosomes, rather than XY.) So, in my opinion, no need for speculating female organs or video evidence.

Then, they proved that the tissue was ML’s, based on DNA comparison, which takes longer.

It is? We've been discussing if they knew each other, how they knew each other, etc. for 15 threads. :confused:
I'm curious why it is important to know if they knew each other? ML is dead through no fault of her own. I don't believe she knew AA's real identity if she did know him. Lauren McCluskey was brutally killed by a man who lied to her about his identity and then stalked her and murdered her. Her murder was in the news when ML was abducted and murdered.

JMO

As much as I believe AA was a one man show, we don't absolutely know that he was the one driving the car. We do know she was taken to his home tho a little past 3 a.m. and her phone went blank and nobody ever heard from her again. I'm going to expect it was AA that picked her up at the park and he told no one he was going there.
Have LE said they know AA took her to his home at 3am? I missed that.

He could have had lots of profiles, names and using someone’s photos as his own. Catfishing

This happened to me three times when I was online dating through Match.com IT DOES HAPPEN!!!
It happens and anything is possible. But I don’t feel like that will be the case here. LE has never alluded to the perp luring the victim under false pretenses. I think they knew exactly who he was through their text exchange. We won’t get much on how they knew each other, in order to protect the victim. IMO

I know nothing about them either, except for the fact that once they sense movement they start recording. Looking at the layout of his house it’s not far off to assume that it could detect when a car was pulling in because it seems the headlights would shine towards it? Either way, I’m curious on another entrance to the house. Maybe I missed someone posting another way to get in where he was able to avoid the front door.

I also recall talk about the doorbell sounding and alarm constantly when LE was doing a search of the home. I’m honestly just praying that it caught some type of evidence from the night he met up with Kenzie.

ETA: just saw @alsleuther post after I posted mine and they can give more insight on Ring. Good to know!!
There are many type of settings on a doorbell cam alarm. One of which, is to turn it off. This can be done on a phone computer, or on the alarm panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627