Found Deceased NE - Tammy Sukstorf, 52, Cedar Bluffs, 5 July 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
ff72ecd7-6229-4a29-a7ba-2b09f41c994d-1562473380.jpeg

CEDAR BLUFFS, Neb. —

Tammy Sukstorf, 52, of rural Cedar Bluffs was last seen around 10:30 p.m. July 5.

Deputies say her vehicle was found a few miles from home with her belongings still inside.

Saunders County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing woman

May or may not be relevant but Tammy (and her husband) sold 160 Acres of farmland at Auction Feb 27, 2019: BURT COUNTY FARMLAND AUCTION - Sanderson Auctioneers

Also in March 2017 Tammy had transferred 2 parcels of Real Estate from her name only to her and her husband's name: Courthouse Record March 9, 2017

(Tammy is listed in a June 2019 obituary for her father-in-law, so I assume she is still married. Tammy was also listed in a 2006 obituary for her brother in law, which means she did not just marry in 2017-- Just noting this here because I have not found marriage records yet. Perhaps the land she transferred in 2017 was inherited from her side of the family? I'm not going to link the husband's relative's obituaries to protect the family's privacy but they can easily be found).

Last edited:
Jul 07, 2019

SAUNDERS COUNTY, Neb. (WOWT) -- Authorities resumed a sweeping search Sunday for a missing Saunders County elementary school teacher. The Sheriff's Department is asking anyone with information on Tammy Sukstorf's whereabouts to contact them.

[...]

Authorities searched the area Saturday to no avail then resumed the search on Sunday. The Nebraska State Patrol had its helicopter up and drones are being used to survey the area.

The Sheriff's Department tells 6 News there has been an "extensive" ground search and the Civil Air Patrol was assisting Sunday morning but eventually pulled out because of what the CAP's Steve Kuddis called a "lack of evidence of where else to search."

The Sheriff's Office said at this point they do not expect foul play.

Authorities resume search for missing Saunders County teacher

Jul 07, 2019

SAUNDERS COUNTY, Neb. (WOWT) -- Authorities resumed a sweeping search Sunday for a missing Saunders County elementary school teacher. The Sheriff's Department is asking anyone with information on Tammy Sukstorf's whereabouts to contact them.

[...]

Authorities searched the area Saturday to no avail then resumed the search on Sunday. The Nebraska State Patrol had its helicopter up and drones are being used to survey the area.

The Sheriff's Department tells 6 News there has been an "extensive" ground search and the Civil Air Patrol was assisting Sunday morning but eventually pulled out because of what the CAP's Steve Kuddis called a "lack of evidence of where else to search."

The Sheriff's Office said at this point they do not expect foul play.

Authorities resume search for missing Saunders County teacher
Noting the location her vehicle was found and that her cell phone was in it. :(

Her vehicle was located near County Roads 19 and S a few miles from her home and her personal belongings, including her cell phone, were inside. The car has since been towed to the Sheriff's Office.

County Roads 19 and S - Google Maps

Some info about Tammy from her school's website:

Posted 4 Months Ago

Mrs Sukstorf:

-Teaches 2nd Grade
- Favorite snack: Popcorn
- Favorite place in the world: At home with Family
- School sport activity you enjoy watching: Volleyball & Football

There's also a picture of her with the other 2nd Grade teacher:

Cedar Bluffs Public Schools

Last edited:
Saunders County Sheriff's Office NE
Update 7-7-19: The Sheriff's Department along with the Cedar Bluffs Fire Department, the Nebraska State Patrol helicopter, and the Civil Air Patrol have conducted searches of the immediate area. Family has now organized a group effort to search local fields.

ETA: Almost forgot my manners...:oops: Welcome to Websleuths, @CowgirlMama!

Last edited:
Sunday, July 7th 2019, 5:50 PM CDT
Volunteers come together to search for missing Cedar Bluffs woman
[...]

Officials from Saunders County told Channel 8 that the volunteer searches began today after the Civil Air Patrol searched the air via drones and helicopters, but found no clues.

Volunteers split up into groups to walk through cornfields between Colon and Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska where Sukstorf's car was found Saturday.

[...]

Neighbors and friends of Sukstorf say that Tammy wouldn't just walk away. Saunders County Deputy Sheriff Tim Hannan says they do not believe her disappearance is a result of foul play.

"We don't suspect any foul play, we do suspect maybe a mental illness that's causing her to be gone. We do not know where she's at, we have no clues to where shes at except that her vehicle was parked here," Hannan says.

[...]

Mental illness? I wonder if perhaps she has been suffering from depression lately? She is the age where her kids might all be gone to college and she might be going through empty nest syndrome. I found this article and picture of Tammy with her family from 2016:
FRE 040216 5-2 Maverick Signing Day IMG_8253.jpg

MOO.

Mental illness? I wonder if perhaps she has been suffering from depression lately? She is the age where her kids might all be gone to college and she might be going through empty nest syndrome. I found this article and picture of Tammy with her family from 2016:
FRE 040216 5-2 Maverick Signing Day IMG_8253.jpg

MOO.
Someone is posting on Sheriff’s Facebook page that she has been found deceased.

Sadly, she was found deceased. :(

Saunders County Sheriff: Missing woman's body found Sunday evening

CEDAR BLUFFS, Neb. —

Update:

The Saunders County Sheriff's Office announced that the body of Tammy Sukstorf was found Sunday evening.

According to officials, an outside search-and-rescue non-profit group brought dogs to assist in the search.

An investigation into Sukstorf's death is still pending. Foul play is not suspects, authorities said.

No further details are available at this time.

What is strange is that her belongings were still in the car. LE doesn't suspect foul play, so are we leaning towards self harm, or a medical emergency that for some reason she didn't call 911 from her cell phone?

I wonder how far from her car she was found.

May she rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers to her family. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back