GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

People magazine seems to have a real interest in this case. In their July 2 follow up article the emphasis is now on how Becky and Linda were just like "sisters." After interviewing lots of folks who knew both women very well, the consensus is---Becky and Linda were extremely close for many years. The fact that law enforcement quickly arrested Becky, and have made sure that no information about the motive is leaked to the press or public suggests that they have a substantial amount of incriminating evidence about Becky and her role in Linda's murder. In my opinion, when you have a murder case involving two people who were extremely close...it is usually a crime of passion...Slain Arkansas State Senator Was 'Like a Sister' to the Woman Accused of Killing Her, Say Friends

I'm not sure how many people here saw this article published last Sunday but it is pretty detailed and lengthy in its information about Becky and Linda. One aspect that I find interesting is Linda's husband demanding that the Judge overseeing their divorce lock her up. Apparently, the Judge was in agreement..."But the judge in the couple’s bitter divorce battle spared the Democrat-turned-Republican time behind bars because there was no prison officer in the court who could transport her to the lock-up." The article also states that people have speculated that Becky and Linda might have been in an intimate relationship. It definitely seems like there was a lot of negative drama going on in both of their lives before Linda ended up being murdered. Husband of murdered Arkansas state senator demanded she be jailed – Brinkwire

I'm not sure how many people here saw this article published last Sunday but it is pretty detailed and lengthy in its information about Becky and Linda. One aspect that I find interesting is Linda's husband demanding that the Judge overseeing their divorce lock her up. Apparently, the Judge was in agreement..."But the judge in the couple’s bitter divorce battle spared the Democrat-turned-Republican time behind bars because there was no prison officer in the court who could transport her to the lock-up." The article also states that people have speculated that Becky and Linda might have been in an intimate relationship. It definitely seems like there was a lot of negative drama going on in both of their lives before Linda ended up being murdered. Husband of murdered Arkansas state senator demanded she be jailed – Brinkwire
It appears she had TL acting as POA in order for her to hide money. If he was taking care of her money, she could tell the court she “didn’t know” about things and technically she wouldn’t be perjuring herself.

I’m betting what will come out is that TL was “managing” her money, and BO helped herself to some/most/all of it, and LCS either found out or was about to find out which ended up with her being murdered.

It sure looks like a lot of shady people all involved in a lot of shady situations. Her ex was in trouble for altering their divorce documents in the system using his access to the system, which shows he was shady, too.

Maybe she should have been more concerned about what was happening in her own life and less concerned about forcing trans people to use the “right” public restroom.

It appears she had TL acting as POA in order for her to hide money. If he was taking care of her money, she could tell the court she “didn’t know” about things and technically she wouldn’t be perjuring herself.

I’m betting what will come out is that TL was “managing” her money, and BO helped herself to some/most/all of it, and LCS either found out or was about to find out which ended up with her being murdered.

It sure looks like a lot of shady people all involved in a lot of shady situations. Her ex was in trouble for altering their divorce documents in the system using his access to the system, which shows he was shady, too.

Maybe she should have been more concerned about what was happening in her own life and less concerned about forcing trans people to use the “right” public restroom.
yes, I agree...and I wonder how it is possible that TL didn't know that BO was pilfering from LCS's account...when he was managing it? Regarding her failed attempt to get a transgender bathroom law passed...as it turned out, she definitely didn't spend her time wisely...

yes, I agree...and I wonder how it is possible that TL didn't know that BO was pilfering from LCS's account...when he was managing it? Regarding her failed attempt to get a transgender bathroom law passed...as it turned out, she definitely didn't spend her time wisely...
It sounds like she’s been a thief for a long time, so she may have been able to fool him somehow. Perhaps Linda allowed BO to be an authorized signer on one/some of her accounts and BO was able to withdraw funds here and there in small enough amounts that it was not immediately noticeable.

I’m somewhat fascinated by financial crimes, and how obsessed people get with money that they are willing to kill for it. (Obviously we have no idea if this crime was financially related, I’m just speaking in general, but it does appear there were some financial shenanigans going on in LCS’s life.) For example the singer Selena being killed because she had found out her employee was stealing from her. Selena was so darn nice that it is entirely possible she may have handled things without bringing criminal charges if she had been able to.

From my experience, the closer women are to each other--sharing a lot, trusting and relying on each other for significant emotional support for a long period of time...if there was a money disagreement, I think it would have been resolved without escalating to getting a gun, committing murder, and then abusing the corpse. That type of murder seems hinged on a rage of some sort. In less Becky helped herself to Linda's credit/debit card after killing her to buy several containers of beach (which seems a bit bizarre), it appears they were comfortable sharing joint money expenditures together.

From my experience, the closer women are to each other--sharing a lot, trusting and relying on each other for significant emotional support for a long period of time...if there was a money disagreement, I think it would have been resolved without escalating to getting a gun, committing murder, and then abusing the corpse. That type of murder seems hinged on a rage of some sort. In less Becky helped herself to Linda's credit/debit card after killing her to buy several containers of beach (which seems a bit bizarre), it appears they were comfortable sharing joint money expenditures together.
Unless, as reported in an earlier article that Becky had a habit of stealing a d Linda just found out about it. Maybe the BF if the BFF who had POA was skimming. Linda seems trusting and that kind of betrayal is deep. Perhaps Linda was going to report it. JMO

DBM, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Unless, as reported in an earlier article that Becky had a habit of stealing a d Linda just found out about it. Maybe the BF if the BFF who had POA was skimming. Linda seems trusting and that kind of betrayal is deep. Perhaps Linda was going to report it. JMO
yes, Becky had a long history of stealing...but she didn't have to murder anyone over it after she was exposed for the numerous thefts. Becky had the support of her boyfriend, Tim Loggains. I think he could have helped to fix the problem if she was stealing from Linda--without Becky having to fix it herself by killing Linda. I guess it is the degree of what appears to be premeditated violence in this murder/the strange charge of abusing a corpse, along with the cover up that makes me think there is more to it than just someone stealing money from a close friend. However, as Tim Loggains suggested in a recent interview, it's possible that no one knew the real Becky...what she was capable of and what lurked under her public persona.

yes, Becky had a long history of stealing...but she didn't have to murder anyone over it after she was exposed for the numerous thefts. Becky had the support of her boyfriend, Tim Loggains. I think he could have helped to fix the problem if she was stealing from Linda--without Becky having to fix it herself by killing Linda. I guess it is the degree of what appears to be premeditated violence in this murder/the strange charge of abusing a corpse, along with the cover up that makes me think there is more to it than just someone stealing money from a close friend. However, as Tim Loggains suggested in a recent interview, it's possible that no one knew the real Becky...what she was capable of and what lurked under her public persona.

Unless she was told by the judge last time that if it happened again she would be facing serious time. The prospect of serious time clouds offenders' judgement and increases the desperation factor and the need to cover it up. Obviously she did a crappy job of doing that, but hey, she's inexperienced in that realm, and obviously not very good at planning and follow-through.

JMO but I think at this point we don’t have enough info to conclude one way or the other. I think it’s very probable someone close to LC committed the murder and very well could be BO over money or a triangle affair. But I also think that LC was from such a high profile family that I wouldn’t be surprised if BO was being framed by someone who knew both LC and BO really well.

JMO but I think at this point we don’t have enough info to conclude one way or the other. I think it’s very probable someone close to LC committed the murder and very well could be BO over money or a triangle affair. But I also think that LC was from such a high profile family that I wouldn’t be surprised if BO was being framed by someone who knew both LC and BO really well.
Yes...your comment about BO being framed seems to fit well with the fact that when law enforcement pulled Tim Loggains over to arrest BO, TL stated--BO seemed genuinely surprised and upset.

i think Linda was going to press charges and Becky didn't want to go to jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back