Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so disgusting and so typical. Murder her and your own son to save a buck and because God forbid she might not want you and you have to have control, but spending a buck to save his own worthless ugly hide, no problem! These kind of people disgust me to no end and they do not even realize they show who they are and that no life matters but their own to them when they do this--hopefully a jury will see that just as plain as day.

He decided his own disgusting life that he spent cheating and killing and who knows what is more valuable than that of a little boy, his, who had his entire life ahead of him. So for that matter, did his mom have her entire life ahead of her but unfortunately encountered this ____.

If I were the family of the victims, I would file a wrongful death suit right now, let him pay an attorney for that one too.

Jmo.

^ this, so many times over. What a . He could've used that money to wipe his hands clean and help his OWN Son at least, and keep Karissa able to care for him without struggling. Argh, this grinds my gears.
The testimonials on her page are mainly from clients who had drug and/or alcohol-related charges.

Just googling, I found a couple of murder cases - Lynn Edward Benton and Daniel Armaugh Butts - in which she served as defense counsel but both defendants ended up with life in prison. I didn't look any deeper than that. Do you know if she's ever had a win? MOO

Hopefully the jury will see beyond any and all defense. Especially with one look at Karissa and Billy together in any photos.

Time after time, she tried her best to support her and her son. And he still ripped them apart over loss of control.

Last edited:
The testimonials on her page are mainly from clients who had drug and/or alcohol-related charges.

Just googling, I found a couple of murder cases - Lynn Edward Benton and Daniel Armaugh Butts - in which she served as defense counsel but both defendants ended up with life in prison. I didn't look any deeper than that. Do you know if she's ever had a win? MOO

This is one of the cases:

Rainier police chief’s killer sentenced to life with chance of parole after nearly 49 years

Just FYI, the perp's 3/4 brother (same mother, fathered by two brothers) recently killed another police officer.

Suspect in Cowlitz deputy’s slaying is half-brother of Rainier police chief’s killer

Plead Guilty. Recognize the name of the other lawyer?

Here is the other case:

Ex-Gladstone cop sentenced to life in prison in killing of wife (updated) - oregonlive.com

Freak show.

My prediction is that now that the bodies have been found, the Big Bad Wolfe will plead guilty.

Yamhill County's other Big Bad Wolfe goes to trial in September.

I just perused the Justice for Karissa and Billy website. I finally noticed that Karissa has a tattoo on her thigh. Not pertinent but interesting.

Last edited:

Rainier police chief’s killer sentenced to life with chance of parole after nearly 49 years

Just FYI, the perp's 3/4 brother (same mother, fathered by two brothers) recently killed another police officer.

Here is the other case:

Ex-Gladstone cop sentenced to life in prison in killing of wife (updated) - oregonlive.com

Freak show.

My prediction is that now that the bodies have been found, the Big Bad Wolfe will plead guilty.

I just perused the Justice for Karissa and Billy website. I finally noticed that Karissa has a tattoo on her thigh. Not pertinent but interesting.
BBM

Yes, Sweeney. ;)

^ this, so many times over. What a ***. He could've used that money to wipe his hands clean and help his OWN Son at least, and keep Karissa able to care for him without struggling. Argh, this grinds my gears.

Hopefully the jury will see beyond any and all defense. Especially with one look at Karissa and Billy together in any photos.

Time after time, she tried her best to support her and her son. And he still ripped them apart over loss of control.

ITA with all. This very young girl from all appearances was a good mom and doing all she could to take care of this child.

With regard to photos, unless it differs in various states, they can't put up photos in life of the victims, I gather it is inflammatory or may cause bias or something. Those criminals have to have rights ya know, God forbid the jury would see a human picture of a victim in life.

I tend to dislike all perps, I am not partial to any :) I also dislike accomplices. This guy though particularly creeps me out, more than some.

I still fail to see why any woman stayed with him, particularly after finding out this child was his. I supposed she blamed the other female for enticing him :rolleyes:and he is the victim in her eyes :mad::mad:

Jmo.

Suspect in Cowlitz deputy’s slaying is half-brother of Rainier police chief’s killer

Here is the other case:

Freak show.

With regard to the cases you cited, wow, definitely some problems in the area as you have mentioned.

You think he will plead guilty? Why? Not that I don't think he is guilty but so many perps do not plead so I am just curious why you think this creeper would?

Jmo.

Last edited:
With regard to the cases you cited, wow, definitely some problems in the area as you have mentioned.

You think he will plead guilty? Why? Not that I don't think he is guilty but so many perps do not plead so I am just curious why you think this creeper would?

Jmo.

Some of Ms Gentry's previous, horrific murder clients agreed to a plea bargain, do why wouldn't MW plead guilty?

Some of Ms Gentry's previous, horrific murder clients agreed to a plea bargain, do why wouldn't MW plead guilty?

I get the plea bargain thing, I guess what I am asking do you mean he would take life in prison or do you think some deal would be struck that he would get less than that or a chance of parole? There are two murders here, I would hope and think no deal would occur less than life in prison with no parole for such a thing? And that I am not sure I picture this man accepting life in prison and no parole.

Lashay Wesley on Twitter
A Celebration of Life ceremony is underway in McMinnville for Karissa and Billy Fretwell. #LiveOnK2
D-59FTDUcAAyfPU.jpg

4:15 PM - 7 Jul 2019

KOIN News on Twitter
Loved ones gather to remember Karissa and Billy Fretwell
D-6f4ruUIAEdGiw.jpg

5:47 PM - 7 Jul 2019

KATU News on Twitter
An emotional vigil honored Karissa and Billy Fretwell this afternoon. Friends and family shared happy memories of the mother and her 3-year-old son.
D-6qXpyUIAAWgll.jpg

6:33 PM - 7 Jul 2019

Last edited:
Loved ones gather to remember Karissa and Billy Fretwell
Family and friends of Karissa and Billy Fretwell gathered Sunday to remember the lives that were cut short this spring.

Karissa’s older sister, KK, told KOIN 6 News it was all about celebrating them.

“Their lives were taken way too young and we will miss both of them so much,” Kent said.
Attendees were encouraged to wear Karissa’s favorite color — purple.

[...]

Family, friends and even strangers who were affected by Karissa and Billy’s story were at the celebration.

[...]

karissa-and-billy-fretwell-2.jpg

Public vigil honors mother and 3-year-old son found dead in Yamhill County
[...]

“She is – she was the best friend I’ve ever had in my life,” Karissa’s aunt said at the ceremony.

The vigil was open to the public. It was emotional, but there were joyful memories shared as well.

There was a slideshow of photos of Billy and Karissa and many people talked about her being a wonderful mother who adored her son.

“She had a spark that you just can’t deny, so lively, full of life, right from the start,” said Jennifer, Karissa’s longtime friend.

[...]

After the ceremony, the public was invited to Maud Williamson State Park in Dayton.

Dozens attend memorial service in McMinnville for murdered mom, Karissa Fretwell, son Billy
[...]

Karissa was remembered as a bright, hard-working, opinionated individual who wanted to become a high-school English teacher. She attended Western Oregon University and would volunteer on Fridays at Morrison Campus Alternative School in Dallas.

Billy, 3, loved the popular children's show "PAW Patrol" and was named after Karissa's late father.

[...]

Pictures of the pair were displayed around the church. One photo showed the mother and son side by side with their backs to the camera, facing a long road ahead.

In a January 2018 social media post, Karissa wrote about her son: "When I'm struggling with life, you keep me grounded."

"When I'm struggling with being a mom, you come to me with arms wide open, you rest your head on my shoulder, and hold me tight," she wrote. "You push me to be a better person, a better mom, and live a whole new life I never imagined possible."

[...]

Memorial for Karissa Fretwell, son Billy - Photos
[...]

a28786c9-f059-4b8d-89e7-010feb621c30-SJ1_1738.JPG

A toy truck with the name of Billy Fretwell sits on a table at the Church on the Hill during a memorial service for Billy and his mother, Karissa Fretwell, on July 7, 2019.

Stop cutting onions, y'all :(

Seriously though.. what a beautiful memorial of their life. This case really hits hard. Especially that photo of them facing the long road ahead, holding hands. Saw it when they were still missing and it really struck a cord.

Heaven gained 2 beautiful angels :)

I wanted to give other people time to reply before commenting further.

Given the information that the DA has released so far including the cell tower ping logs timeline, this is my current working theory of what happenned.

MW went to Salem and after several hours abducted KF and WF. It would be interesting to know why he waited so long before heading North.

MW stops at Hopewell.

Version 1 of my theory:
MW murders his victims in Hopewell. The DA says that KW died from a GSW to the head. I expect that the same happened to WF.. Depending on the type of firearm, this would leave significant quantities of blood, bone tissue, and brain tissue at the crime scene. If a shotgun was used, this would mutilate the corpses making it difficult for an average person to identify the skelatons as human. This enabled the ME to determine that both victims were dead and had been murdered in Yamhill County. The DA and YCSO reasonably presume that MW disposed of the bodies near where the evidence of their deaths was found. However; MW hactually takes the bodies ofhis victims with him.

Version 2 of my theory:
After pausing again at Cascade Steel, MW goes home taking the still living mother and child with him. They are either drugged or bound and gagged at this time so that no one will discover them.. MW then murders his victims at his home. He may have further mutilated the corpses to make them difficult to recognize and identify by shooting them in the hands and feet. All clothing would be removed.

Later, MW takes the naked corpses of KF and WF to the Turner Creek site to dump them. It is his expectation that scavengers will consume them and scatter their bones.

This is one very venile, vindictive, vicious vermin.

I wanted to give other people time to reply before commenting further.

Given the information that the DA has released so far including the cell tower ping logs timeline, this is my current working theory of what happenned.

MW went to Salem and after several hours abducted KF and WF. It would be interesting to know why he waited so long before heading North.

MW stops at Hopewell.

Version 1 of my theory:
MW murders his victims in Hopewell. The DA says that KW died from a GSW to the head. I expect that the same happened to WF.. Depending on the type of firearm, this would leave significant quantities of blood, bone tissue, and brain tissue at the crime scene. If a shotgun was used, this would mutilate the corpses making it difficult for an average person to identify the skelatons as human. This enabled the ME to determine that both victims were dead and had been murdered in Yamhill County. The DA and YCSO reasonably presume that MW disposed of the bodies near where the evidence of their deaths was found. However; MW hactually takes the bodies ofhis victims with him.

Version 2 of my theory:
After pausing again at Cascade Steel, MW goes home taking the still living mother and child with him. They are either drugged or bound and gagged at this time so that no one will discover them.. MW then murders his victims at his home. He may have further mutilated the corpses to make them difficult to recognize and identify by shooting them in the hands and feet. All clothing would be removed.

Later, MW takes the naked corpses of KF and WF to the Turner Creek site to dump them. It is his expectation that scavengers will consume them and scatter their bones.

This is one very venile, vindictive, vicious vermin.
I don't think we know if KF and WF were killed at the same time. Just thinking about a third scenario. Ugh. That poor child must have been terrified however it played out. Moo

I don't think we know if KF and WF were killed at the same time. Just thinking about a third scenario. Ugh. That poor child must have been terrified however it played out. Moo

Agreed.

There are so many possibile scenarios all of which are horrific. One can only hope that neither KF had to wintness the murder of WF or WF had to witness the murder of KF.

I am encouraged that the prosecutor petitioned to have Judge Ladd Wiles recussed from the case. Any judge who seems to not understand that a 12 gauge shotgun is not a deadly weapon should not be allowed to adjudicate any case more serious than a parking ticket.

I just checked Oregon Courts on line records search.

There was a motion of some type filed today. Not certain what motion.

I also misinterpreted.

The Big Bad Wolfe has retained two attorneys, Sweeney and Gentry. I have no reson to disparage the attorneys, but they have represented some truly horrific murders.

I will be on the lookout for a HGPS notation indicating a plea bargain or a settlement conference.

Last edited:
Agreed.

There are so many possibile scenarios all of which are horrific. One can only hope that neither KF had to wintness the murder of WF or WF had to witness the murder of KF.

I am encouraged that the prosecutor petitioned to have Judge Ladd Wiles recussed from the case. Any judge who seems to not understand that a 12 gauge shotgun is not a deadly weapon should not be allowed to adjudicate any case more serious than a parking ticket.

I just checked Oregon Courts on line records search.

There was a motion of some type filed today. Not certain what motion.

I also misinterpreted.

The Big Bad Wolfe has retained two attorneys, Sweeney and Gentry. I have no reson to disparage the attorneys, but they have represented some truly horrific murders.

I will be on the lookout for a HGPS notation indicating a plea bargain or a settlement conference.
Well, it better not be a motion for continuance. I'm ready to get this show on the road. :mad:

Also, it looks like he's just retained Gentry. Sweeney is showing as court appointed.

Active Attorneys

Attorney
GENTRY, DIANNA J
Retained

Lead Attorney
SWEENEY, PATRICK JOHN
Court Appointed

OREGON JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT - Online Records Search

The bodies were found on Weyerhauser property. Can someone with a computer (not a microscopic cell phone screen) determine if Turner Creek gate was locked during May? I know they sometimes issue gate keys to permit holders. I'm just curious if the area was gated at the time.

The DA has to balance the potential risk of an acquittal verses the certainty of a plea bargain. Some of the judges of Yamhill County have proven themselves to be imbeciles who will give violent drug dealers a free pass for shooting at people. The judges will also exclude evidence such as photos or video of firearms wounds so that jurors can understand just how serious an assault with a gun is.

Here is a video of a ballistic gelatin test of one of the more exotic shotgun ammunition s from a very reputable firearms expert. He doesn't have a ruler displayed but the block of jello that the FBI uses to simulate human flesh is 18 inches long. Yamhill County's imbecile judges will believe the argument that a 12 gauge shotgun is not a deadly weapon

Thank you for your answers. I was curious and you responded. I just think of most murderers as the type who seem to think they are smarter and can beat the charges at trial.

With regard to your other part, so you are saying by a judge deciding to exclude what one would think was relevant evidence, the jury can be swayed by that decision? Hmm. Interesting.

Thank you again. I appreciate hearing your local take on things.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members