Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
GPS took me to the park in town. Made 3 or 4 wrong turns even after asking for directions. IMO if you don’t know exactly where this park is you aren’t going to stumble upon it.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
Excellent post, thank you!
Yes, he knows the area like the back of his hand because he grew up there. He played there many, many times as a child. Probably fishing, boy scouts, etc.
He knew the quick escape route. And, as someone pointed out upthread....the cemetery. No accident it was so close.

All just amateur opinion and speculation

I wonder if someone has recognized him, but doesn't think it's really him. I was thinking about the farmer who lives on the farm next to me. He's in his 60s, wears glasses, has long gray hair, etc. Great guy. He's become an adopted grandpa for the kids. If LE released a sketch of a killer who resembled him, I'd just laugh. We might joke about how "ha ha, that looks like ___" but I'd never dream that it was actually him.
Yes, this is a very plausible scenario. I know another case where family simply can not believe one of their own might be involved in the demise of a family member. Their minds simply can't process that possibility.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Having grown up in the south and midwest with some time in NJ, I heard 'youse guys' frequently in northern NJ, but not Jersey shore. I had never heard 'you-ens' till I worked with someone from Pittsburgh. (Western PA, upstate NY thing? I don't know.) 'Ya'll' was something people from NJ, New England and CA were surprised to hear because they didn't believe southerners actually talked like that when they heard me talk. 'Ya'll' is something I've heard all across the south and into central MO, eastern MD and even the southern part of IN.

I’m a Jersey native with family still there both central Jersey and on the shore. They definitely say youse guys or youse. I’ve lived in the south so long you’d never know that I’m actually a Jersey girl. Didn’t realize I had developed a southern accent till my Jersey relatives pointed it out.

You can’t tell much from the short audio clip, but I can say with a high degree of certainty that BG is definitely not from the south - like gulf states south/Deep South.

I cannot believe we are into summer. Has he done it again yet? any cases in other parts of the country ?
if we are connecting this to the other girls in Iowa, and maybe others, could he be on a break? has he moved away? moved on? or does he not make a move because he is and has been under scrutiny ?

to me the sketch looks like a big old healthy farm boy. that's how it strikes me, like I can almost see him.

but it's weird to try and put the drawing together with the photographs.

it's totally possible he is in a disguise of some kind.. then we get into how planned this was.
and did he have this whole show ready to go because he knew the girls would be there.

he could have been at the slaughterhouse..even though I feel like this killer would not kill so close to their work, for fear of being discovered....then again...maybe he would get off work and have nothing to do..maybe he would sit in his car and smoke pot or what ever ..look at *advertiser censored* ..watch the kids coming and going from the park..just another sick disinfranchised loser..eventually coming up with the plan for when he had the right timing, victims and
a slow day at the bridge with few cars around...a trifecta.

this is a disturbing case and only the profilers and the cops know what kind of predator this is based on the crime scene. mOO

I’m a Jersey native with family still there both central Jersey and on the shore. They definitely say youse guys or youse. I’ve lived in the south so long you’d never know that I’m actually a Jersey girl. Didn’t realize I had developed a southern accent till my Jersey relatives pointed it out.

You can’t tell much from the short audio clip, but I can say with a high degree of certainty that BG is definitely not from the south - like gulf states south/Deep South.
Agree - I don't detect any southern lilt at all, y'all. Or even all y'all. ; )
I am a bit infamous amongst my friends for being able to determine not only country or state accents, but regional dialects as well. I detect *nothing* from the clip. Nada. And yes I'm very frustrated by that. If forced to guess, I would say pacific coast. Not northwest, more pacific such as mid to upper california or southern oregon. I guess that's pretty specific after all!

to me the sketch looks like a big old healthy farm boy. that's how it strikes me, like I can almost see him.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
I don't see him as a farm boy because his legs are too skinny. Big ol' strappin' farm boys are generally proportional as they get full body workouts typically.
However....I could see him on a *row team* at a college....

One thing I found intersting, besides learing about the comment itself, was that AW couldn't discern if the girls sounded scared when they said it, or if it was just casual conversation. Was it ever determined if the girls made this comment about the trail before or after they encountered BG?

It hasn’t been determined as far as I can tell. If it was at the south end of the bridge I’d guess they’d already encountered BG.

Has Anna ever commented on the statement the girls made about BG? I’m sure she heard what LG’s family heard. There is so much info on this case and I might have missed it.

I was thinking about the numbers of this case.

Delphi has a population of roughly 3000

We could eliminate 1500 - 2000 of those as women, children, elderly, ethnicity etc.

That would leave 1000-1500 potential suspects.

871 days since the crime was committed. They have this guys photo, voice and evidence from the crime itself.

I wish this case was solved already, I am trying not to get frustrated. It is a struggle for sure!

We could eliminate 1500 - 2000 of those as women, children, elderly, ethnicity etc.

871 days since the crime was committed. They have this guys photo, voice and evidence from the crime itself.

I wish this case was solved already, I am trying not to get frustrated. It is a struggle for sure!
Just stay focused on the image of seeing this miscreant shuffling along in his perky orange onesie, shackled at both ankles and wrists.

Agree - I don't detect any southern lilt at all, y'all. Or even all y'all. ; )
I am a bit infamous amongst my friends for being able to determine not only country or state accents, but regional dialects as well. I detect *nothing* from the clip. Nada. And yes I'm very frustrated by that. If forced to guess, I would say pacific coast. Not northwest, more pacific such as mid to upper california or southern oregon. I guess that's pretty specific after all!

Southern Oregon here. He's not nearly casual enough.

I cannot believe we are into summer. Has he done it again yet? any cases in other parts of the country ?
if we are connecting this to the other girls in Iowa, and maybe others, could he be on a break? has he moved away? moved on? or does he not make a move because he is and has been under scrutiny ?

but it's weird to try and put the drawing together with the photographs.

it's totally possible he is in a disguise of some kind.. then we get into how planned this was.
and did he have this whole show ready to go because he knew the girls would be there.

he could have been at the slaughterhouse..even though I feel like this killer would not kill so close to their work, for fear of being discovered....then again...maybe he would get off work and have nothing to do..maybe he would sit in his car and smoke pot or what ever ..look at *advertiser censored* ..watch the kids coming and going from the park..just another sick disinfranchised loser..eventually coming up with the plan for when he had the right timing, victims and
a slow day at the bridge with few cars around...a trifecta.

this is a disturbing case and only the profilers and the cops know what kind of predator this is based on the crime scene. mOO

I don’t know about the disguise angle... it’s possible.

Not sure I have a firm handle on the older looking version of BG, but do feel it’s a compilation of eye witness(es) and the video itself. The first sketch *kind of* did look like the image on the vid. Instead of a disguise, like a face mask, maybe he was just covering up parts of his body and head. That makes some sense. IMO.

The second one looks so different, and when it was prensented at the April press conference, it was so odd. Like now we reveal this, the true killer.

I simply don’t understand at all why the new (new to us- the second sketch, but released two years later, so maybe really the first?) became officially BG. Hopefully, it won’t be long ‘til we know.

ETA: clarification on the new, younger sketch

Last edited:
I’m in/from Chicago. I must have said “guys” to my kids 30 times a day (they’re older/moved out/college) and they say “guys” too. I say “guys” to groups of girls and guys” It comes so natural to me and I hear it all the time as well.

Could be that he was transplanted there from a little north too. That voice had no southern accent to me. MOO

We use "guys" in Canada too. I don't think the word is that significant, but since it may in some cases be more associated with the younger generation LE may have released that word to convince the public that BG is much younger than initially portrayed to be. Changing sketches was a big shift, and hearing the difference in tone of voice between 'guys' and 'down the hill' helped me see BG as a younger individual.

I've often wondered about the exact terminology A&L used when talking about 'the man' behind them (from their 'girl talk' recording). I asked my teen daughters how they would differentiate between 'boy', 'guy', and 'man' if they saw a male stranger on a trail and had to describe him. Based on their responses I would think A&L would have referenced BG as a 'boy' if he appeared to be younger than themselves. I think they would have called BG a 'guy' if he appeared to be a teenager or college age male (20-something). My girls thought they would say 'man' only if he looked 'old' or 'like a dad'. A really old male they would call a 'grandpa' or 'senior'. So if in fact A&L used the term 'man' to describe the person following them, it leads me to believe that he appeared, from their perspective, to be someone 30-40. Maybe it is the clothing that is making him seem older.

I have some catching up to do, but I just wanted to add my two cents on the use of the word “guys.” I see “guys” as kind of a catch all word for people of any sex. I frequently use it casually when speaking to one or more of my friends/people my age (mid 30’s). But it’s definitely casual. As someone who works with the public, I have caught myself on a few occasions using “guys” when speaking to a group of individuals of either sex who are older than myself, and afterwards I’m almost embarrassed having done that. I worry that I have come across as disrespectful. There have been times when I have heard individuals take offense to being called “guys.”
That being said, if someone is clearly younger than I am I use it freely. Because it is a casual way of addressing someone, I feel it can do one of two things depending on your other mannerisms and your tone. It can establish a friendly vibe if you are smiling and laid back, or it can establish dominance if used with a stern tone and a serious look. I think, in the case of BG, it was the latter. If you listen to his voice in the audio, he doesn’t sound like he’s smiling. He doesn’t sound friendly. He sounds stern, as if he’s establishing authority and giving them an order from a position of dominance.

All speculation and my own opinion of course.

Yes! I check the forum every day, and every time the page loads I have a sliver of hope that I'll see a banner at the top.. arrest, or... something, anything. It is very frustrating.

I totally get you.

I have learned some about how people in Indiana talk from following this case. Maybe a distraction from the difficulty trying to identify how the origin of using “guys” to address more than one is used across the USA. (I am from the south, and will use ya’ll and guys interchangeably. The problem is there isn’t a plural for “you” in standard English). ;)

One thing I notice is the Delphi locals leave off the “ing” at the end of words and replace it with it “en.” Instead of thinking, it’s thinken. IMO.

I always drop the “g” from “ing” words. I also live in the Midwest, but I wasn’t aware that was a regional thing.

I always drop the “g” from “ing” words. I also live in the Midwest, but I wasn’t aware that was a regional thing.

I am not sure it is, so... deleted my previous post about it. Something I noticed, but not sure it’s spot on to say it for sure. That and there is no ing ending word in guys... go down the hill.

Oh yeah, I spent most of my time growing up in Louisiana and this guy most definitely doesn't sound like he is from the Deep South!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni