CA - Jackson Telnas, 12, killed by mother who tried to kill him as a baby, Porterville, 29 Jun 2019 *insanity*

RIP Jacob and Jackson. I am so very sorry, you deserved a happy life :(

I just don't get it. Really, she tried to drown the older son years ago and gets custody. Wondering if it was because he was older and likelyhood would be less that he would be hurt.

How can she drown him in a ditch? (I understand the younger son, he is small). Did she also medicate them? (benedryl etc)?
IMHO whoever gave her back custody of those boys has their blood on their hands and should be charged criminally. Absolutely unbelievable these CPS cases returning children to abusive only to have them injured, neglected or killed. The system needs a complete overhaul, and soon!!

IMHO whoever gave her back custody of those boys has their blood on their hands and should be charged criminally. Absolutely unbelievable these CPS cases returning children to abusive only to have them injured, neglected or killed. The system needs a complete overhaul, and soon!!
The first person/people who should be punished is whoever decided to let her go early instead of serving her 20 year sentence. Sigh...

There are failures of the system and then there are FAILURES OF THE SYSTEM.

This was inexcusable. Neglect is one thing. You attempt to MURDER your child, rights should be terminated immediately. Period, end of story!

Maybe the court site has more on this "gassing". I didn't really notice it until you mentioned it. ??

Tulare County Superior Court - Online Services

I can't access this - otherwise I'd look. :)

Kinda wish I hadn't asked. I should have known it's exactly what it sounds like.
The gassing goes along with the battery on the cop charge.

California Code, Penal Code - PEN § 243.9 | FindLaw

(a) Every person confined in any local detention facility who commits a battery by gassing upon the person of any peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5

(b) For purposes of this section, “gassing” means intentionally placing or throwing, or causing to be placed or thrown, upon the person of another, any human excrement or other bodily fluids or bodily substances or any mixture containing human excrement or other bodily fluids or bodily substances that results in actual contact with the person's skin or membranes.

Just saw this article, and I just "got here, so please forgive if this is a repeat --

7-Year-Old Boy Dies in Hospital Days After Mom Allegedly Drowned Him and His 12-Year-Old Brother

Jacob Ray Telnas was kept on life support up until his death on Sunday

By Harriet Sokmensuer
July 08, 2019 02:44 PM
A 7-year-old California boy has died one week after his mother allegedly drowned him and his 12-year-old brother in an irrigation ditch, PEOPLE confirms.

The mom, Sherri Telnas, allegedly committed the crime a week before Jacob Ray Telnas’ death on Sunday, the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office announced in a press release obtained by PEOPLE.

According to investigators, early on the morning of June 29, Telnas, 45, brought Jacob and older brother Jackson to a field across the street from the Porterville home where they were staying and allegedly drowned them in an irrigation canal near a corn field. She allegedly left their bodies behind.
7-Year-Old Boy Dies in Hospital Days After Mom Allegedly Drowned Him and His 12-Year-Old Brother

What is wrong with people?
SMH in what should be disbelief, but yes, it happened...

Last edited:
Tulare County mother charged in double-homicide of her children

On Monday, Tulare County prosecutors filed an additional homicide charge against Sherri Telnas following the death of her youngest son, Jacob Telnas.
[.....]
Telnas, 45, now faces two counts of homicide, one count of gassing and one count resisting arrest. She also faces the special allegation of lying in wait. The special allegation could make her eligible for the death penalty.
[.....]
Her next court date is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on July 10 in Department 17 of Porterville's South County Justice Center.

I see the article has a hearing for today.... probably to be charged with the 2 murder.

Wednesday, July 10th:
*Preliminary Hearing – (@ am PT) – CA - Jackson Telnas (12) & Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) (June 29, 2019, Porterville; Jacob was in critical condition died July 7, 2019) - *Sherri Renee Telnas (45) Arrested & charged (6/29/10 with murder, attempted murder & corporal injury to child (Jacob). Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
April 16, 2008: Clark Fork River, Montana tried to drown Jackson when he was 10 mos old; In a plea agreement, Telnas pleaded no contest to two counts of criminal endangerment & was sentenced in 2009 to 10 years under the custody of Montana’s human services department for trying to drown her then 10-month-old son. She was released in November 2016, let out of psychiatric hospital & given 20 years probation.
7/2/19 Initial Appearance. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA could seek death penalty. Next preliminary hearing on 8/15.
7/7/19 Update: Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) has died from his injuries. DA will be filing a 2nd murder charge.

7/8/19 Update: DA filed charges of 2nd homicide. Hearing on 7/10 per article.

Thursday, August 15th:
*Preliminary Hearing – (@ am PT) – CA - Jackson Telnas (12) & Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) (June 29, 2019, Porterville; Jacob was in critical condition died July 7, 2019) - *Sherri Renee Telnas (45) Arrested & charged (6/29/10 with 2 counts of homicide, 1 count of gassing & 1 count resisting arrest. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
April 16, 2008: Clark Fork River, Montana tried to drown Jackson when he was 10 mos old; In a plea agreement, Telnas pleaded no contest to two counts of criminal endangerment & was sentenced in 2009 to 10 years under the custody of Montana’s human services department for trying to drown her then 10-month-old son. She was released in November 2016, let out of psychiatric hospital & given 20 years probation.
7/2/19 Initial Appearance. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA could seek death penalty. Next preliminary hearing on 8/15.
7/7/19 Update: Jacob Ray, Jr. (7) has died from his injuries. DA will be filing a 2nd murder charge. 7/8/19: DA filed charges of 2nd homicide. Hearing on 7/10 per article. 7/10/19: Plead not guilty to 2nd murder charge.

Another bump for @borndem - can you find anything on this case? See post #32 for court site link.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Thank you jenn83! Much appreciated! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member