Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s a presumption there and I’m not buying into the News Ltd/BGM/APS-created class war between the ‘Aussie battlers’ and the ‘privileged’. But that’s not the issue. Victim Support should not be means-tested.
I think I agree with your last sentence, if we're talking about health care costs. Perhaps I'd prefer to expand Medicare allowances for mental health treatment to include everyone who qualified on a clinical needs basis. At present you can get 10 psychologist visits a year, which isn't enough for someone presenting in an acute state. That's if you're able to find a practitioner who bulk bills. I have the impression BM talked about those sort of problems in her TV interview but I may be misremembering.

I think I agree with your last sentence, if we're talking about health care costs. Perhaps I'd prefer to expand Medicare allowances for mental health treatment to include everyone who qualified on a clinical needs basis. At present you can get 10 psychologist visits a year, which isn't enough for someone presenting in an acute state. That's if you're able to find a practitioner who bulk bills. I have the impression BM talked about those sort of problems in her TV interview but I may be misremembering.
You’re preaching to the converted here regarding the lack of mental health treatment, JLZ. Although, despite our hardships and socioeconomic status, we battle through, even in the face of heartbreaking tragedy.

As far as I know there is another avenue for the family and friends of missing persons to receive free counselling and join support group meetings; through the Families and Friends of Missing Persons Unit(FFMPU) of the Department of Justice. Hopefully, all of William’s loved ones are taking advantage of those services.

Help for families and friends of missing persons

https://www.missingpersons.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/fs_what-to-expect.pdf

Last edited:
Has anything been released about who is appearing at the second stage of the inquest,Ive looked but have had no luck,I thought the list was supposed to be released on the 1st of july.
I think it was released to the legal representatives, not sure about MSM. They might have to report on it as it happens.

I just wish the podcast narrative contained less personal comment by the narrators and that what is discussed is factual. From my perspective there are major anomalies about timeline. One of which is they keep saying William disappeared 20 minutes before the 000 call.

Is incorrect because if it was correct that would mean William's disappearance had occurred after MFC returned?

The voice part of the reenactment MFC did with police on video is replayed and MFC in his own voice, told the investigating officer that when he returned FFC said to him 'he was here 5 minutes ago'.

From memory MFC returned at 10.35 therefore William was last seen or heard at 10.30 according to FFC. The call to 000 was at 10.56. Therefore the 000 call was 26 minutes from last observation of William by FFC.

BUT in the 000 call FMC says she had been searching for around 20 minutes. Parts of that 000 call are repeated in podcast.

What concerns me about Chris Rowley's (1st officer on scene) statement read out by actor commencing at 19 minutes.06 and supposedly taken from a transcript of his Statement. The brief section describing his arrival on scene is stated (in part)....paraphrased....

I entered the house. MFC came out of the bathroom and he was very upset. I told him I was searching the house. MFC went outside and called out ...William.

I looked in cupboards, under beds including in William's room. That bed was flush to the floor. I did NOT enter roof SPACE OR open an outside garage door which leads under the house.

The podcast narrative is not discussed in timeline manner which makes it difficult and confusing to follow from my perspective. There are many gaps.

No discussion about FFC recall of the 2 vehicles she had stated previously she observed at 7am and 9am nor the drive to the airport to collect her sister.

No detail of time when FFC left Benaroon Drive in a vehicle and searched along Batar Creek Rd as testified by FFC at inquest. Discussed at length on WS with links posted upthread.

Observations from Dennis Martin an investigator from the Morecomb case are most informative for me.

The critical discussions of scene handling by the narrators and FFC (in her hindsight) from all of their perspectives is also interesting for me.

It seems apparent an amber alert was issued in the afternoon of the 12th by Paul Fehon the officer in charge of the search operation.

It has become apparent to me that there is no way of verifying the exact times and timeline of individual events of that morning of the 12th at 48 Benaroon until MFC's verified Skype call, pharmacy visit, newspaper purchase and text using suri device at another location and the 000 call at 48 Benaroon.

Thank you for your detailed notes and thoughts Papertrail.

I agree that it is unlikely that William disappeared 20 minutes before the 000 call. I don’t think we will ever know how long it was from when the FFM last heard William to when she then started looking for him. I think your time of 26 minutes is more likely.

I was surprised it took them as long as it did to call the police. I know, that the podcast went out of its way to say that they called the police a lot earlier than what's normally done. Even saying that research produced at the inquest backed this up, apparently, it normally takes parents two hours to call the police when their child goes missing. But I’d really like to see this research, I mean what age do they define a “child” as? William was so young, I would have thought you’d call earlier than that especially if he had been missing for say longer i.e. 26 minutes. Of course, easy to judge in retrospect.

I also enjoyed Dennis Martin’s insights. Looking forward to seeing what the police have in this regard at the inquest (vehicle movement, petrol stops, toll roads, CTV, mobile phone data etc...).

On second listen to the podcast, I picked up something that’s new to me – the FF don’t think that William wandered down the slope towards the road (bolded by me).

6:14 FFC: “So what made me think that he was snatched, that somebody had taken him? Was the fact that I couldn’t see him going into the bush. I couldn’t see him running down the slope to the street.

6:29 MFC: Nup, he just wouldn’t do it.” (ref: One Last Roar)

So where exactly do they think he was snatched from? Just around the corner from where they were sitting?

Remember that this goes against what Jubelin thought happened, that William wandered down the slope and was taken by someone near the road as described in his 60minutes interview from 2015.

11:00 REPORTER: “Detective Jubelin believes William wandered down the slope towards the tree where he’d been playing with his mother just an hour before.

11:11 JUBELIN: I'm looking here and thinking, well a child’s not going to wander up in the bush, it’s a steep hill, it’s thick bush, it’s scary for a 3-year-old child, it’s scary. There’s a fence line there, I can’t see him going through the fence line. I can see a child wandering off down the slope.” (ref: https://www.youtube.com/nTh6DM5FEAY)

Further in the interview the reporter says:

8:52 REPORTER: “(Jubelin) discounts the idea an abductor ran up the yard and onto the property to take the little boy.” (ref: https://www.youtube.com/0H5fhsGSVOM&t=673s)

So again, do the FF believe he was abducted from next to the house? I guess not cordoning off the yard would make finding any evidence of William being abducted closer to the house (if that's the case?) difficult.

On second listen to the podcast, I picked up something that’s new to me – the FF don’t think that William wandered down the slope towards the road (bolded by me).

6:14 FFC: “So what made me think that he was snatched, that somebody had taken him? Was the fact that I couldn’t see him going into the bush. I couldn’t see him running down the slope to the street.

So where exactly do they think he was snatched from? Just around the corner from where they were sitting?

Remember that this goes against what Jubelin thought happened, that William wandered down the slope and was taken by someone near the road as described in his 60minutes interview from 2015.

11:00 REPORTER: “Detective Jubelin believes William wandered down the slope towards the tree where he’d been playing with his mother just an hour before.

11:11 JUBELIN: I'm looking here and thinking, well a child’s not going to wander up in the bush, it’s a steep hill, it’s thick bush, it’s scary for a 3-year-old child, it’s scary. There’s a fence line there, I can’t see him going through the fence line. I can see a child wandering off down the slope.” (ref: https://www.youtube.com/nTh6DM5FEAY)

8:52 REPORTER: “(Jubelin) discounts the idea an abductor ran up the yard and onto the property to take the little boy.” (ref: https://www.youtube.com/0H5fhsGSVOM&t=673s)

So again, do the FF believe he was abducted from next to the house? I guess not cordoning off the yard would make finding any evidence of William being abducted closer to the house (if that's the case?) difficult.

I haven't listened to the podcast as yet but it is an interesting point you make. What comes to mind for me is from around the area of the lower driveway. One of my thoughts was that in a previous interview the FFC called out to WT, "can you see Daddy's car?:" and then noted that there was no response. There has also been reference to the MFC regularly texting when he was 5 minutes away so that the children could come out and greet him. He seemed to be expected back at the time WT was noticed missing and I thought in one of the more recent articles since the coronial inquest that it was said that the FFC took both children into the back yard to look out for the MFC as they were growing restless, but I am unclear on that last point. I also wonder if the MFC parked the car they were using in the lower driveway and left from there which would maybe give WT the idea to hang around that section of the yard when he was running around the corner and hiding. The idea of him hanging around the upper driveway and carport is more troublesome to me because I would think that a vehichle would be heard from the patio at that point. The lower driveway, maybe not. I have always felt it was around that section of the yard was where WT disappeared from. IMO

Last edited:

Do you think it’s possible that, in the early stages of William’s disappearance, his FP considered that his BP or persons associated with them may have abducted him?

Later, once DCI Jubelin had ruled out a familial abduction, and had satisfied himself that William’s disappearance wasn’t due to misadventure, he then formed a hypothesis that William must’ve ventured further down his FGM’s yard, had been abducted by a person(s) unknown and transported by vehicle.

Do you think it’s possible that, in the early stages of William’s disappearance, his FP considered that his BP or persons associated with them may have abducted him?

Later, once DCI Jubelin had ruled out a familial abduction, and had satisfied himself that William’s disappearance wasn’t due to misadventure, he then formed a hypothesis that William must’ve ventured further down his FGM’s yard, had been abducted by a person(s) unknown and transported by vehicle.
Yes, I think in the early stages the FP considered the BP could be responsible. I don't think that theory was truly ruled out for GJ based on what Counsel assisting the Coroner has stated in his opening address that extended family and associates cannot positively be ruled out. Besides that scenario, I think other scenarios have not been able to have the door closed upon them definitively and a theory about BS and those cars has developed as well. IMO

I haven't listened to the podcast as yet but it is an interesting point you make. What comes to mind for me is from around the area of the lower driveway. One of my thoughts was that in a previous interview the FFC called out to WT, "can you see Daddy's car?:" and then noted that there was no response. There has also been reference to the MFC regularly texting when he was 5 minutes away so that the children could come out and greet him. He seemed to be expected back at the time WT was noticed missing and I thought in one of the more recent articles since the coronial inquest that it was said that the FFC took both children into the back yard to look out for the MFC as they were growing restless, but I am unclear on that last point. I also wonder if the MFC parked the car they were using in the lower driveway and left from there which would maybe give WT the idea to hang around that section of the yard when he was running around the corner and hiding. The idea of him hanging around the upper driveway and carport is more troublesome to me because I would think that a vehichle would be heard from the patio at that point. The lower driveway, maybe not. I have always felt it was around that section of the yard was where WT disappeared from. IMO

Great points Frogwell.

Yes, it seems the MFC arrival home was something the kids always looked forward to so I can definitely imagine William waiting in the driveway for him, maybe he heard something and ventured around to see. Especially if, like you said, they parked in the lower driveway.

Okay, I've found a reference from the inquest to what you said about the children growing restless and then going to see if they could see the MFC's car.

“(FFC) told the court that William had been “getting very bored” just before he vanished and they were waiting for his foster father to return from the nearby town of Laurieton.

She had been expecting her husband to return from a visit to the chemist and a telephone conference meeting between 10.15am and 10.30am that morning.

“William’s sister was still drawing,” she said.

“He was getting very bored with the game. He was running up and down.

“I said to William (and his sister) ‘you know what? Why don’t we go down and see if Daddy’s car is here yet’.” (ref: William Tyrrell’s foster mum heard a 'high-pitched' scream while searching)

The FFC says “down" (as bolded by me above) which makes me think she’s referring to the lower driveway?

Also, she says this was "just before he vanished" which really does seem to give a legit reason as to why he may wander.

I don't have a time reference but in the podcast (I think the most recent episode) they say something along the lines of, 'the FP never suspected the BP'. Which is kind of surprising? You would think because of the BPs history of hiding William from authorities they might think they were capable of taking him unless they didn't know about this? Further to this, it seems the FP really didn't think anyone knew that they were there as it was, in their words, a "surprise" visit, that no one (including the BPs) knew about.

I don't have a time reference but in the podcast (I think the most recent episode) they say something along the lines of, 'the FP never suspected the BP'. Which is kind of surprising? You would think because of the BPs history of hiding William from authorities they might think they were capable of taking him unless they didn't know about this? Further to this, it seems the FP really didn't think anyone knew that they were there as it was, in their words, a "surprise" visit, that no one (including the BPs) knew about.
Okay, found the actual quote from the latest podcast episode:

46:32 HARRIS: “So obviously the police initially began questioning them about this situation with the birth family. FFC and MFF actually immediately declared that they didn’t believe the birth family could be responsible for it. But, police certainly did feel there was a strong possibility this was a case of parental abduction.”

(ref: One Last Roar)

No being on hold before getting the operator? I have done this, but I can't remember. And as it was a while ago, it's likely they've trimmed their staff numbers since then.
I have needed to use a service recently and there was a waiting time which was long and surprising but the waiting time was from the service to a vehichle to respond which meant that until the vehichle to respond was confirmed I was stuck on the line giving feedback of the situation and taking instructions from the service. Whilst writing that, I was thinking about the 1st responder being quite close by when the call came in which was quite lucky. He was from Kendall and was in the area and knew the street when he 1st came to the house. I imagine that he was based at either Kew or Laurieton police stations which are quite close by.

Apologies for not providing a link.....

It was recently said the interest and information generated by Thomas Hedley's Teachers Pet podcast and the resulting charges was one of the reasons for a podcast for William. Lia Harris hoped the Where's William Podcast would bring new information to assist the investigation.

From the first day Williams disapearance hit MSM that he was missing it was evident that William had not wandered off ( I say this after the first few hours searching) as the time they realised he was missing and the time the search started and ended that day, IMO a child that age just couldnt get far. The amount searchers at the time and ground covered they would found him. Cant remember how close the nearest body of water was.... I know there was a creek or something close that was searched later but they would have found him IMOO. When did they first suspect that William did not wander off / get lost? Was it after the dogs were brought in and failed to detect any scent passed the driveway of William? With the recent MSM articles from the FF saying that the area was not sealed off and forensic material lost due to the amount foot traffic it leads me to beleive that there was never a hint of thought that he may have been abducted in the beginning by the police or the FP. When did they finally have that heart wrenching consideration / thought?

Without going back to the very first posts I remember zooming into the drains thinking he could’ve climbed/fallen or followed a cat down into one so for the first couple of days we all were thinking he was a little boy lost but we considered an abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam