GUILTY NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, brutally murdered, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #4 *Boswell appeal 2023*

Jenna Liston FOX42 on Twitter
. Trail has decided to testify.

Trail’s defense attorney says “Have we talked about this extensively?”

Trail: “Yes, and you strongly advised against that.”

.“Total ”

Those are the words Trail said about the “sexual fantasy” involving two other women, $15,000 and other women in the house when Loofe died. He also denies ever taking her body to a cemetery.

Trail said he made it up to protect himself and Boswell.

. “I had no reason to kill Sydney,” said Trail.

“I use people for money and sex; it wouldn’t make sense for me to kill someone.”

Trail said there was $5,000 laid out for Loofe but she wasn’t going to make it all right away

Trail said he did it on the kitchen floor and cut Loofe’s body up into multiple pieces. He said he cleaned up her blood with towels.

Trail did clarify they cleaned the apartment with bleach.

He said he put the towels in a tub full of bleach to get the blood off.

[a reply to the above tweet says “
The question was how did you keep the blood from running everywhere? He said with towels.”
]

[video of trail @ link]
Trail testified to this statement for the FIRST TIME today in court.

His defense attorney's had no idea this was coming:

Trail said Boswell used a strap on, on Loofe.

Trail would choke and let go to Bailey. That went on until Bailey finished and then it was Loofe’s turn.

Trail would choke and let go of Loofe's neck until she "gad a seizure and stopped breathing."

The video of his absolutely disgusts me. He is the lowest possible scum of the earth.

3NewsNow on Twitter
Aubrey Trail was back in court Tuesday after slashing his throat back on June 24th. Today he talked about why he hasn't been in court, the relationship he had with the women he and Bailey Boswell kept company with and their discussions of murder.
Aubrey Trail testifying in his murder trial
Aubrey Trail testifying in his murder trial
Erik Mauro
3:50 PM, Jul 09, 2019
While being wheeled in, Trail said "I'm going to be good." with a smirk. The judge says he will be taken out of the court room if otherwise.
Trail talks about the nature of his relationship with Bailey Boswell and the other girls they kept company with. He also talked about their discussions regarding murder:
This link has 2 videos of the trash running his mouth, I mean testifying today. In the 1st video he says he chose not to come to court to hear the prosecutions side bc he agreed with 85% of what they said, there was no need for him to be there, he doesn’t contest 80-85% of what they said. Smug arrogant tone. In the 2nd video, At says for Bailey it was all about sex, for him it was all about money, and most of it was criminal. He talks about what he assumes the girls who testified said, and what he claims they actually talked about (according to him, they’d say they talked about killing, he says they talked about child molesters, etc. idk how he really thinks he’s helping his image saying any of this. What a psycho. All IMO.

Last edited:
The rough, consensual sex didn't help Robert Chambers in the death of Jennifer Levin (he plead to manslaughter).

The snippets released by the press are interesting. I would like to see his full testimony. This monster and his accomplice were far more nefarious and I think he will be convicted of murder. Today, he admitted he lied, is a thief, and killed Sydney. The video of him buying the implements to dismember her will weigh heavily on the jury. He thinks he is slick but I believe the jury will see him for what he is -- a stone cold murderer.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Aubrey Trail takes the stand, tells the jury he made up the story he told FBI agents about the night Sydney Loofe died. "There’s no video, there’s no sexual fantasy, there’s no two other people there, there’s none of that stuff."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Aubrey Trail admits he choked Sydney with a gray extension cord during a threesome with Bailey Boswell.

Asked if he planned to kill her, he said: "I use people for money. I use people for sex. Killing Sydney Loofe wouldn’t make sense. It’s counterproductive,I guess."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
He says what he told the FBI, about a sexual fantasy and two other women, was "total b---s---."

Lori Pilger on Twitter
“You will have to fill in the blanks baby, but this story is good,” Trail told her.

He told Boswell they had to make her look like a victim, like he had brainwashed her.

“We have to make people hate me and feel sorry for you,” Trail wrote. “All I care about is getting you out.”

Lori Pilger on Twitter
In another note, he told Boswell to stick to her story "but add this stuff,” about how on the night of Loofe’s death he was going to make a fake snuff film with Loofe and two other women. Loofe, he said, was to be paid to play the victim.

Alex Whitney on Twitter
Against the advice of his lawyers Aubrey Trail has taken the stand to testify this afternoon in his trial. Trail has said almost everything he has told investigators about the circumstances of Sydney Loofe’s death was a lie. Check out @NTVNEWS tonight for all the details

Aubrey Trail takes the stand, changes his story about how Sydney Loofe died
He claimed that he and Boswell had known Loofe, a 24-year-old clerk at Menards, for several months before the dates that Loofe arranged with Boswell via Tinder in November 2017.

Trail said he had felt sorry for Loofe, after seeing her crying as she worked as a cashier, so he hired her to make phone calls for one of his illegal business ventures, paying her $200 per call.

But Loofe, he said, didn’t enjoy ripping off people, and told Trail that, which eventually caused her to leave what Trail called “the group.”

Months later, however, Boswell wanted Loofe to rejoin the group, he said. She accidentally came upon Loofe’s Tinder account, according to Trail, who claimed that Loofe didn’t recognize Boswell’s glamour photos on Tinder.

After the first date, they rekindled their relationship, according to Trail, but Loofe was still reluctant to rejoin the group, which was selling stolen antiques and scamming people out of money for counterfeit coins.

But the second date eventually ended up in Wilber, where, Trail said, it eventually turned into a “sex party.” At first, he said he had choked Boswell with an electrical cord as she had sex with Loofe.

Later, though, it was “her turn,” Trail said, and Loofe was to be choked to enhance her experience during sex. Loofe was also handcuffed with a pair of fuzzy cuffs, Trail said.
The defense presented its first witnesses just before lunch, including a Lincoln friend of Loofe's who said Loofe struggled with depression and anxiety.

During her testimony, one of Trail's court-appointed attorneys, Joe Murray, introduced photos from Loofe's cellphone depicting a bondage scene and nooses hanging from a tree.

The friend, Terra Gehrig, said that just because those photos were on her cellphone it did not indicate that Loofe was "into" that sort of sexual activity.

"She was sexually timid and very shy," Gehrig said. "She was not the kind of person who would have sexual activity with someone she just met."
So let me get this right. His ‘hail mary’ To try to convince the jury he is not guilty, is to say that he saw Sydney, a stranger, crying, and because he is such an upstanding human, he felt sorry for her and decided he would try to take matters into his own hands, hiring her to do an illegal job, that she did not like, and eventually murdering her, cutting her up into pieces, and throwing her out in trash bags along the road. Does he actually think this is going to work???? Or is he really just trying make sure he looks like the villain in order to try to further his narrative that BB barely was involved, and any involvement she had, was against her will? If that’s the case, though, he screwed up with some of the other diarrhea of the mouth he seems to have had today. He seems to have implicated BB more today than HE (not other witnesses) has up to this point. No other way to grasp it other than to chalk it up to he really is just an evil, awful, sorry excuse for a human being. All JMO

Omg. I am so upset. Trail is testifying and I had to leave suddenly. Can’t go back till they take a break. This is what I know so far. Changed testimony- no sex fantasy, no movie, no $5k. Just consensual sex AT, BBand SL that went wrong. No other girls involved
I can't see the jury believing him now at all. It will still be interesting to see why neither of them called 911 or did CPR.

Is his plan now to just make random claims to confuse the jury?
Yes, I believe he is trying to confuse them.

The defense just has to stick to four things. 1. AT and BB went an bought implements to dismember her before they knew she was dead. 2. SL was killed during an act where she was bound, even if AT says it was consented to, SL would not have consented to being killed. 3. Parts of her legs and internal organs are missing parts that would have given more insight into her injuries/struggle before she died. 4. If this was an accident, they could have continued cpr and called 911 but they didn't. They used the tools they had bought earlier to dispose of her and her organs.

So let me get this right. His ‘hail mary’ To try to convince the jury he is not guilty, is to say that he saw Sydney, a stranger, crying, and because he is such an upstanding human, he felt sorry for her and decided he would try to take matters into his own hands, hiring her to do an illegal job, that she did not like, and eventually murdering her, cutting her up into pieces, and throwing her out in trash bags along the road. Does he actually think this is going to work???? Or is he really just trying make sure he looks like the villain in order to try to further his narrative that BB barely was involved, and any involvement she had, was against her will? If that’s the case, though, he screwed up with some of the other diarrhea of the mouth he seems to have had today. He seems to have implicated BB more today than HE (not other witnesses) has up to this point. No other way to grasp it other than to chalk it up to he really is just an evil, awful, sorry excuse for a human being. All JMO

He is throwing BB right under the guilty of murder bus.

He is throwing BB right under the guilty of murder bus.
I wonder what made him decide to do that. Not that I care because I think she’s just as guilty as he is, if not more. And I think she deserves the most severe punishment she can get when it is her turn for trial, just as i think he deserves the most severe punishment he can possibly be given. But he seemed so adamant on ‘protecting’ BB from facing the consequences of what they had done. Probably only explanation is he is a coward and thinks if they are both at fault that means he personally is less at fault. No AT that’s not how this works, him taking all blame doesn’t make gun 100% wrong, evil, guilty, & leave BB 0% wrong, evil, guilty. With him now implicating her being more willingly involved in what happened To Sydney, each one isnt 50% wrong, evil, guilty, they’re both 100% guilty. He has to know his goose is cooked, and maybe he does, and just wants to attempt to turn what’s left of the trial into his own little circus because it sure seems he gets off on attention. All JMO

Local news showed snippet of video of AT where he's trying to sound all familiar with SL and cavalier - 'we decided to have some fun.' JMO but he seems ridiculous and completely in-credible, no credibility, my opinion only.
I think the video scoodyboo is referencing is the one at the link in the below post. I about puked in my own mouth hearing him so nonchalantly saying they decided they’d have some fun, like getting murdered and dismembered was fun for Sydney, and murdering and dismembering her was fun for he and BB. Jmo
Channel 8 KLKN-TV on Twitter
Against the advice of his attorney, Aubrey Trail takes the stand today. Hear what he has to say tonight at 5, 6, and 10 on Channel 8.
[short video of another part of AT testifying @ link]

Such ******!!

If it was consensual sex they had zero reason not to call 911.

If she’d been dismembered on the kitchen floor, that apartment would have lit up like the 4th of July when LE sprayed luminol. And the bathtub too. They can tell if a clean up attempt with bleach was made.

I wonder what made him decide to do that. Not that I care because I think she’s just as guilty as he is, if not more. And I think she deserves the most severe punishment she can get when it is her turn for trial, just as i think he deserves the most severe punishment he can possibly be given. But he seemed so adamant on ‘protecting’ BB from facing the consequences of what they had done. Probably only explanation is he is a coward and thinks if they are both at fault that means he personally is less at fault. No AT that’s not how this works, him taking all blame doesn’t make gun 100% wrong, evil, guilty, & leave BB 0% wrong, evil, guilty. With him now implicating her being more willingly involved in what happened To Sydney, each one isnt 50% wrong, evil, guilty, they’re both 100% guilty. He has to know his goose is cooked, and maybe he does, and just wants to attempt to turn what’s left of the trial into his own little circus because it sure seems he gets off on attention. All JMO

He seems like every low-life guy out there. He is all talk about taking responsibility with an idea in his mind that he is gonna escape it all by killing himself-- he dies a hero to BB and is never held to account. The scheme fails. He shot his only chance to be in control b/c now they are watching him like a hawk and he can't off himself. Now, he is going to have to be around to hear that BB got what is coming to her. So, he hatches a plan to say he lied to the FBI, and agrees with 85% of what they said happened. But, continues to run his mouth thinking BB would look better if she was asphyxiated first as she finished first (see he is an equal opportunity sadist) and Sydney agreed to the strap-on b/c she wasn't interested in sexual intercourse with him. But, she had a seizure. Unfortunately, he forgets that it is all premeditated and they have him buying things with BB at the Home Depot. Just like a low-life, talking because he thinks he is smarter and ten chess moves ahead of everyone---not realizing he just solidified that he is a liar, murderer, sadist, who uses people and tosses them aside. BB better create a whole new story for herself 'cause this one will get her life or more.

News Channel Nebraska on Twitter
Aubrey Trail was the lone witness on the stand this afternoon. Here's the very latest.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
"I killed Sydney," Trail concluded. "I didn't mean to, but I did it."

Against his lawyers' wishes, Aubrey Trail testified for nearly 4 hours Tuesday afternoon.

Story:
Trail:
Trail: "I am the one that caused Sydney's death"
Trail waived his constitutional right to remain silent.

"We've discussed it thoroughly," defense attorney Joe Murray said. "Mr. Trail has freely decided to testify against our wishes."

Murray said Trail repeatedly expressed his wishes to testify for the last several months, despite their advice not to do so.
Trail revealed Tuesday that he first met Loofe in March or April 2017. He was at the N 27th St. Menard's in Lincoln, where Loofe was working as a cashier.

Trail noticed her crying, and asked if there was anything he could do to help. Loofe wasn't doing well financially, and Trail handed her a $100 bill.

Eventually, he had Boswell talk to Loofe about getting involved in their "A and B Antiques" business. Trail testified that he was recently accused of unlawfully taking $500,000 in a coin theft.

"I needed someone who could make calls and represent the business better," Trail said. "When I met Sydney, I saw an opportunity, because I could tell she wasn't doing well financially."

Trail paid Loofe between $100-$200 to make phone calls for him.
After about 3-4 calls, Trail wasn't satisfied with Loofe's work, and the two parted ways that same summer.

"Our relationship didn't end well," Trail said.

Several months later, in November, Boswell came across Loofe on Tinder, and wanted to reconnect.

Trail said he allowed it, but he wanted to talk with Loofe first.

"I wanted to talk to her first, because it didn't go well the first time," Trail said.

Boswell apparently talked to Loofe on their Nov. 14 date about getting re-involved with her and Trail's group.

"She told Bailey she'd think about it, and tell her on the next date," Trail said.

Trail then talked about his activities on Nov. 15 - when he bought a hacksaw, drop cloths, tin snips and other items from the Home Depot, and later the Aardvark Antique Mall.

Around 11:30 a.m. that day, Boswell Googled Loofe's Lincoln address.

"I wanted to talk to her," Trail said. "But, she wasn't home."

The two then journeyed to Menard's to try and catch her at work. Bailey didn't want Trail to talk to her that afternoon. She wanted to wait until her date with Loofe that night.

Still, Trail went into Menard's, looking for Loofe. Surveillance footage showed the two crossed paths near the entrance, shortly after Trail came in.

"I turned and looked at her," Trail said, "because I hadn't seen her in a couple of months. I looked at her *advertiser censored*."

Trail and Boswell returned to Wilber that afternoon, and Boswell left to get Loofe around 5:30 p.m. They returned around 7:45.

When Loofe found out that Trail wanted to talk, she was nervous, but calmed down after "smoking weed and drinking some rum."

"Sydney was timid, and I played on it," Trail admitted.

That evening, Loofe's mother Susan had texted her repeatedly, but Loofe shut her phone off to avoid distractions.

The conversation started about Loofe rejoining Trail's circle, and getting back into business with him.

"I put a tobacco tin on the coffee table with $5,000 cash in it," Trail said. "I let Sydney take the cash out of it. I told her she could make that money in 30-45 days."

Later that night, Trail said he brought up the idea of sexual activity to Loofe and Boswell. They apparently talked about what they liked doing during sex.

"Bailey said, 'I like when Daddy chokes me,'" Trail recalled. "Sydney was hesitant at first. She was worried that she wouldn't wake up."

Eventually, Trail said they all agreed on "a little fun." They went to the bedroom, where Loofe and Boswell had sex, and Trail stood nearby with an extension cord.

Boswell and Loofe were also wearing fuzzy handcuffs, according to Trail.

The cord, Trail said, had a silk covering on it. He started choking Boswell first, and then switched to Loofe.

Trail claims all of the activity was consensual.

"It was stop-go, stop-go, stop-go," Trail said. "After about 3-4 times in, that's when Sydney stopped breathing."

That was around midnight.

Trail said Loofe was "shaking and gagging." He removed the fuzzy handcuffs, and unsuccessfully attempted mouth-to-mouth.

"Did you think to call 9-1-1?" Murray asked.

"In hindsight, it would have been a good idea," Trail answered. "But, I'm a criminal. Who's going to believe Trail when he has a dead girl in his bed, and he says it was an accident? No one was going to believe that."

"I did it, and now I have to live with it."
Getting back to the night of the 15th, Trail said he spent several hours trying to figure out what to do.

"The way the apartment is set up, I knew I couldn't just carry the body out," he said. "We're surrounded by houses, there's two apartment complexes across the street, (Wilber-Clatonia) school is right behind us. I couldn't drive the car down to the door."

As discussed in previous testimony, Trail tried to put Loofe's body into a camelback trunk, but she didn't fit.

After a couple more hours, Trail used what he described as a "bow saw similar to a hacksaw" to dismember Loofe in the kitchen.

That was around 4 a.m. on the 16th.

"You didn't drain the blood, did you?" Murray asked.

"No," Trail said. "That was all bulls***."

Trail said he used towels and drop cloths to keep the blood off the floor. After that, with Boswell's help, he cleaned the entire apartment with bleach

Trail said he soaked the towels and cloths in a tub with about "2-3 gallons of bleach in it."

On the afternoon of the 16th, with Loofe's body in the trunk of Trail's Black Ford 500, Boswell started driving.

"We're panicking," Trail said. "We didn't know what to do. We had no set place. I was saying, 'turn here, turn here, turn here.'"

Trail said last June that the rural area of Clay County he chose to dump the body was specially chosen in accordance with his religious beliefs.

He said then that he placed Loofe's body parts "in a line so that she can reincarnate."

That, also, was fabricated.

"I was making it up as I go," Trail admitted.

Trail and Boswell left Wilber on Nov. 17 with no plan. They met up with K.B. in Council Bluffs that night, and the two eventually went to Grand Island for an apparent drug run.

On Nov. 20, with K.B. riding along, Boswell and Trail went back to the area of Clay County where Loofe's body had been thrown out.

"I put a body in a ditch and it was probably going to get found," Trail said.

They didn't locate everything, but Trail attempted to better conceal a couple of the bags.

This may explain why K.B. testified last week that she thought, for a long time, that she helped Trail dispose of the body.

"I thought I had repressed it," K.B. said. "I had scratches on my legs, and I couldn't remember how they got there."

After leaving Grand Island on Nov. 22, Trail went to Kearney. Then, back to Omaha, where K.B. left. Trail and Boswell then made several stops in Iowa before their arrest at the Windmill Inn and Suites in Branson, MO on Nov. 30.

"We knew it was over," Trail said. "We had no plan. We're just trying to spend as much time as we could together."

Trail was asked why he didn't come forward and explain what happened while he was on the run.

"We still thought they might not find the body and link it to us," Trail said. "I'm not one to admit to anything...just not how I'm wired."

Trail certainly made up a lot of things. What about that talk of witchcraft? The talk of killing and torture?

Trail said he, Boswell, A.H., K.B. and K.G. believed in "spiritual witchcraft and vampires" and talked about it often.

Trail said he and A.H. both read Stephen King's book Dr. Sleep - the sequel to The Shining, where witchcraft and torture are frequently talked about. Trail claims where that talk had come from.

"I have different beliefs," Trail said. "I believe in reincarnation. I like what's considered to be weird stuff."

"Do you believe you can fly?" Murray asked almost sarcastically.

"No, Trail responded. "If I could, I wouldn't be here right now, Joe."

Trail also said a lot of the killing and torture talk happened during sex. He said it was a way for he, and the women, to live out some kind of fantasy.

"We all have a dark side," Trail said. "I was just exploring that. Did I ever act on it? No."

"I killed Sydney," Trail concluded. "I didn't mean to, but I did it. I don't really care what happens, or what's decided. The last thing Syndey said to me was, 'Will I be okay?' If you think the death penalty is worse than having to live with that, then I think I got the better deal."

A verdict is expected by the end of the week. The final evidence will be presented Wednesday, and then jury deliberation will begin immediately after that.
IMO this article does have quite a bit of details from today that I had not seen yet.
So this article says AT wasnt happy with SL calling results so they parted ways. Another article about his testimony today said that she didn’t like scamming people/making the calls, so she left the group. I don’t think any of this happened period, so I wonder if he’s really that stupid to tell two different lies in the same sitting about the same thing. Probably is. Could also be misreporting. Jmo

Trail talks about the story he told FBI investigators spiraled into one big lie. He says his goal was to get investigators to check in all different directions.

[video at link of AT testifying today, @ 1 point he says he doesn’t mean to seem ugly or anything to the jury but it’s reached the point he doesn’t really care what they believe. Says he can’t change what happened, can’t bring Sydney back, he killed her, but it was an accident and he’s willing to deal with the consequences whatever they may be. Says the last thing SL ever said to him ‘before this little thing ever started was ‘do you promise I’ll be ok?’then he rambles about getting death penalty would be better deal than him having to live with those last words, something like that he didn’t make a whole lot of sense (shocking, I know lol), then again says he doesn’t care what they think. Someone then asks him if he has told the truth today. He responds that he ‘told everything’. For the extreme liar he is, he did not answer that yes he told the truth today. I don’t think he really told the whole truth any day, and i don’t think he ever will, so I suppose it’s insignificant. The other person then asks if anything was left out, AT replies ‘the letters’ then clarifies that he wrote those letters. The other person says yeah the letters let’s talk about them, and the video ends.]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back