PA PA - Tracy Kroh, 17, Millersburg, 5 Aug 1989 *perjury convictions*

they had every tv station up here for just that small lead? Interesting. It's a good lead though.

It would be nice to know what evidence the police have against the boyfriend. The new(ish) lead seems promising, but they must have had some reasons for suspecting the boyfriend.

Kroh was last seen on August 5, 1989 at the Alex Acres Trailer Park. The day after she disappeared, her locked car was discovered, but there were no signs of foul play. Four years later, belongings from Kroh’s wallet were discovered along a creek bed in Elizabethville. Police have continued to investigate the girl’s disappearance.

WAHLJONYEJHKNBHBYD45FKFVYQ.jpg

Tracy Kroh is pictured left as she looked when she went missing in 1989. The image to the right is an age-progressed rendition of what she might look like today.

Missing persons: In Pennsylvania, how many are lost and from where?

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. — The Dauphin County district attorney says police are closer than ever to solving a 30-year-old cold case.

Tracy Kroh disappeared in 1989, when she was 17 years old. She was last seen at the Alex Acres trailer park, near Halifax, on Aug. 5, and her car was found the next day at the town square in Millersburg. Parts of her wallet were found in December 1993 along a creek 9 miles from Millersburg.

DA: Police closer than ever to solving 1989 disappearance of Tracy Kroh

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. — The Dauphin County district attorney says police are closer than ever to solving a 30-year-old cold case.

Tracy Kroh disappeared in 1989, when she was 17 years old. She was last seen at the Alex Acres trailer park, near Halifax, on Aug. 5, and her car was found the next day at the town square in Millersburg. Parts of her wallet were found in December 1993 along a creek 9 miles from Millersburg.

DA: Police closer than ever to solving 1989 disappearance of Tracy Kroh

District Attorney Fran Chardo credits new technology for the progress in the investigation.

I wonder what that could be? She disappeared pre-DNA-awareness, but if there was blood in her car, they might well have preserved it. Also, computers have been matching partial fingerprints.

I wonder what that could be? She disappeared pre-DNA-awareness, but if there was blood in her car, they might well have preserved it. Also, computers have been matching partial fingerprints.

From the article in post #46:
"We've done aerial flyovers using an infrared system which has pointed to some possible abnormalities in the earth, and that's why we're out here exploring," Trooper Jeremiah Mistick said.

Troopers were using horses to cover the rural terrain and two cadaver dogs that work particularly well in wet weather.

Wow! It is nice to see that this case is still VERY active. How coincidental that the property owner knew Tracy’s father!

What was the “Squirrelly Shirley” comment in reference to?

[
QUOTE="cutter99, post: 15222445, member: 80303"]Wow! It is nice to see that this case is still VERY active. How coincidental that the property owner knew Tracy’s father!

What was the “Squirrelly Shirley” comment in reference to?[/QUOTE]

Do you think that guy called Tracy "Squirrelly Shirley? He said he wouldn't mention her name which I think is odd if he is innocent.

I tried to and it wouldn't let me. I am thinking the website has that permission blocked. Let me try again

Thanks Chaddylex for trying. Maybe I can get "around" it.

Here, Bit of Hope:
"DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police shut down a portion of Mountain House Road in Jackson Township, on Tuesday as they continue searching for the remains of 17-year-old Tracy Kroh who was reported missing back in 1989.

The home is located at 140 Mountain House Road, about ten miles from where Kroh was last seen.

Officials say a tip brought them to the property.

“They took a bunch of things out of the shed, they also took things from that black shed out that is actually charred inside and it looked like they were digging a hole in there," said Ian Benoit, witness and property caretaker.

Investigators spent the day searching the property and brought in cadaver dogs as well as digging equipment.

“I said what are you digging for and they said they thought maybe the remains of Tracy Kroh might be there and I said well you can dig all that you want but you aren’t going to find anything," said Mark Warfel, property owner.

Officials say Kroh was going to visit her sister and brother-in-law at ‘Alex Acres Trailer Park’ just off of Route 147 in Halifax, however no one was home.

Instead, Kroh dropped off a barbecue grill and some grocery store coupons on the front steps.

That was the last time anyone reported seeing Kroh.

87-year-old Mark Warfel, who owns the Jackson Township property says police approached him this week.

"I said why me and they told me who it was and I won’t mention her name and I just thought oh my god 'Squirly Shirley," said Warfel.

Warfel says it’s been nearly twenty years since he last used the property.

“I used it when I fixed cars over there an auto body shop but then I retired," said Warfel.

He says while he worked with Kroh's father years ago and knew Tracy, he has nothing to hide.

"They can search and hunt and do all they want, I had nothing to do with it," he added.

Investigators say they believe Kroh was abducted by someone she knew.

Last month, state troopers spent three days investigating a 30-acre rural section of a property off of Middle Road in Halifax Township.

The property is just a quarter mile from the mobile home park where Kroh was last seen.

Officials would not confirm if anything was in fact found on the property or if Warfel is a suspect.

Warfel says he is cooperating with police."

Wow! It is nice to see that this case is still VERY active. How coincidental that the property owner knew Tracy’s father!

What was the “Squirrelly Shirley” comment in reference to?

Ehh.. I grew up in the next town over, it is not at all coincidental the property owner knew Tracy's father, the graduating class in this town and ones it is surrounded by is about 70-80 kids.
If someone from my graduating class or 5 years before or after me disappeared I would know their father, mother, sisters, brothers, kids, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back