Southeast States - AL, AR, LA, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN - Weather Discussion

It snowed in Tallahassee three days ago - not surprising considering the deep-freeze the eastern seaboard has had

It’s snowing in Tallahassee for the first time in three decades

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article192708034.html

And it has been in the 30's Fahrenheit in the mornings all this past week. Did not have the luxury of bicycling to work, had to drive.

It's starting to warm up slowly though, was in the 50's today.

Brrrrr

Where is the thread for NC? I just nearly dropped dead from digging 13 inches of snow and wanted to vent. I am older and small and there are many young men here,not one offered to help us older ladies to dig out.I bought a shovel and snow broom,ski pants and boots in prep for this,I had a mop last year.

School is out here in NE Tennessee! In Greeneville, there are only a couple inches and the roads look ok. But the temperature is dropping fast. Our low tonight is 11 and the high tomorrow is 26. Not our typical cold.

Central Florida, getting the tippy tail of the cold- for us.
Chilly nights and cool days- Thank goodness the wind is gone.

'Supposed to be 10 degrees with -10 windchill when I head to my dental appt in the morning.... my teeth may be numb before I even arrive.

Significant weather alert day for the South! It’s already going strong in TX and expected to strengthen as it moves east throughout the day. Please be careful, everyone!

yeah, just saw news footage of tornado damage near outskirts of Dallas.

Stay safe everyone as the storms move East and Northeast today towards Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Illinois, Indiana, etc.

Hi folks.....just saying hello to friends in southern Louisiana. Lots of flooding in parts of New Orleans. People out in their kayaks. Flooded cars and homes and businesses in some areas. WWL and WDSU covering the news.
Stay safe.

+ Many Tornado Deaths & Injuries +

- Putnam County, Tennessee -

- Tuesday, 3 March 2020 -

1)) Good Morning America:
Nashville tornado live updates: 22 dead from devastating Tennessee twisters

2)) Google™ Supplements & Updates:
EQMJMq7XYAUI8jm

Tennessee Tornado - Yahoo Search Results

Our Support To All.

[Contribution # 7200
Thread # 510083]

Midwest braces for storms, tornadoes amid coronavirus, stay at home orders

Weather.com advised people who may need to use a community shelter in a tornado threat to check on the status of that shelter well in advance, given the turbulent status of coronavirus precautions.

The Illinois Emergency Management Agency and the National Weather Service issued guidance Friday for severe weather during the coronavirus pandemic.

“At this time, IEMA and the NWS are recommending that your first priority should be to protect yourself from a potential tornado. However, the decision to open a community shelter will ultimately be at the discretion of local officials,” the statement said adding it would be wise to check with local officials to ensure they will be open.

“If you rely on community shelters, now is a good time to explore other options that might keep you safe from a tornado while also limiting your potential exposure to COVID-19."

A Particularly Dangerous Situation Tornado Watch has been issued for parts of Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri until 9 p.m. Close to where I live but not directly. Praying for all those who may be affecected by this. It has been my greatest fear that their would be large tornadoes and damage during the virus situation. I really worry about the hospital and those in quarantine at home during this time and rescue workers and possible searchers and of course the medical workers. That will just add even more extra stress to them. I pray that the virus is elimanted soon. Tornado season is especially bad April-June.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back