Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I was wrong this morning -
No additional charges (these 4 are more than enough)
No deals

I was both right and wrong. I thought it’d be the same four charges we already knew—and it was. I thought that’d be all that they’d say—and that was so wrong.

I did suspect that he had NOT led them to the body. If you analyze what was said at the Friday press conference, the chief hints strongly that LE’s investigative work did the job.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.
I've been thinking about you this morning, and all of her friends and family. I'm taking some small comfort in the hope that she was unconscious and delivered to Heaven almost immediately in the car, and therefore spared of anything further. Big (((hugs))) to you.

Me too, I'd just been envisioning the incapacitating blow as a punch to the head, which would've been sufficient to get immediate control of her, and her phone.
That is apparently what killed her, though. I don't think we know yet how he was able to overpower her in the car. There are many things he could have done. He may have threatened her with a weapon.
There are so many details LE has yet to figure out. Imo

I dont think its worth profiling or analyzing somebody who took their own cell phone to a murder and the dumping ground. Its obvious this guy wasnt sober when he did all this. Guy has problems but it's too late to help.

The details are worse than the speculation, I have a hard time imagining someone doing what he did to her after she died...burning, burying, driving with a burned corpse to a remote area to dig and re-bury the body. This is barbaric.

Sadly, I'm not the least bit surprised by what was learned at the PC. I had already expected the details of how he brutalized KL would be horrific. Imo, and it's even worse than what was revealed today. The specific details will only be learned at trial or we may get a little more during the PH.

These were no spur of the moment violent acts nor did he just snap. Imo. Nor was this about drugs or an accident during a willing sex act.

This was totally premeditated against KL from the time they started communicating online. Imo

I still believe this was the first personal contact between the two.

Imo, No matter how he was able to lure KL to the park his intentions all along was to put her through hell, bound, and helpless as he crushed her skull in.

AA is a very diabolical monster worse than any character in any horror movie ever created.

We are looking into the eyes of pure evil who is souless.

He was determined to destroy KL in the most horrific ways. We may never learn the depths of his depravity he inflicted on KL. He was determined to destroy what he did because he knew how barbaric, and evil it was.

My heart breaks for KL, and what all he made her endure. I cant begin to imagine the pain, and suffering her family are going through knowing how he viciously murdered KL. My heart is with them all.

Jmho

Last edited:
Wait a moment—AA’s cell phone near Logan Canyon on June 25. Did I hear that right? That’s late in the investigation. Did he go back to check on her?!?
I don't think so, I think this was to bury her there.

The morning of June 17.

After she was dead, imo.

I think he was in a panic by June 25. What day did he get rid of the mattress and box springs? Does anyone have a link to the media thread? I want to see when LE had pressers and updates that week, something they said triggered his panic, in my opinion. Maybe he thought they had his car on the cameras at the park? Just speculating.

I was both right and wrong. I thought it’d be the same four charges we already knew—and it was. I thought that’d be all that they’d say—and that was so wrong.

I did suspect that he had NOT led them to the body. If you analyze what was said at the Friday press conference, the chief hints strongly that LE’s investigative work did the job.

I thought they were overselling the fact that investigative work led them there, so as not to tip their hand that he was cooperating to an extent.

They apparently didn’t oversell anything, in fact, they appear to have understated things.

Tremendous work.

The blunt force trauma was to the left side of her head, and the DA said that it was the cause of death. I had a momentary hope that perhaps he blindsided her and hit her on the left side of her head right in the Hatch Park parking lot (to spare her any ongoing horror) but if she had died or been disabled right then, it wouldn't seem necessary to ziptie her hands behind her back. :(

I had that fleeting thought too hoping--but it doesn't make sense. She was bound/zip tied for a reason. I have not let myself think about it yet.

Jmo.

Hi everyone,

I took a few days to really process all the things that have come out and obviously all the emotions that come with it. While I’m still in the middle of all of that, I feel (especially with the press conference today) that I can come back and start processing things more and putting things together. Also with the encouragement of @Tricia who has been so great through all this. I really do appreciate all of you and your concern for myself and all of her friends and family.

The PC today broke my heart all over again. I had all these theories in my mind (like many of you) and the more that comes out the more horrible and barbaric it seems. My heart hurts the most for what Kenzie endured during that time.
God bless you

This case has the potential for “salacious details,” but I’m not as worried as I usually am.

The purpose of trashing the victim here, would be to point the finger at someone else.

This guy can’t really do that, for several reasons:

His lies to LE.

His cell phone being at the park at the same time as Kenzie’s.

Those two fires.

Her burned tissue and belongings being found on his property.

And all the other evidence that we don’t know about.

Not only do I not think there will be a trial, but I think he may have already struck some sort of a deal.

I think he led them to her body.
Maybe he had already taken it there when his phone was turned off, and then went back on the 25th to check on the body.

Unlikely he went to check bc he knew they were into him. He went there one time. He wouldn’t risk going back.
So he had her at his house someplace. Too bad the police couldn’t smell her remains at that time. She had been dead a week at that point.
If he had just turned his phone off and kept it off, he may have escaped the crime.
His mistakes: phone pings and burning. We might find out later that his prints were on her body or another article. But those two things imo did him in.

What the DA said in the press conference. Unsure why they waited so long to search there.
Ok, must have missed that LE were aware on the 25th that he went to the canyon on the 25th. LE only recovered her body from Logan Canyon on July 3 (I think that was the day), so I thought that meant that they had been waiting on information from his cell phone provider to get the location data from his phone, to lead them to Logan Canyon.

Last edited:
I personally think he panicked on the 25th, after the initial questioning.

He wasn't thinking logically, so he didn't think to turn off his cellphone or leave it at home. He acted impulsively. Thank God! Still strange that they didn't discover her until the 5th, although I'm sure it's a large area to search.

I've been following this case here from the start, and am just now joining the community. It's amazing seeing so many people eager to help! This crime is absolutely disgusting, and I pray she didn't suffer long... Hopefully this monster is forthcoming with more information, and hopefully he gets what he deserves. He is a complete waste of life.

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
Charges announced against the suspect in the #MackenzieLueck murder: Criminal homicide, aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, desecration of a body, obstruction of justice.
D_IaUTkVUAA5A74.jpg
D_IaUTjUYAE3OGv.jpg

11:37 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
DA Sim Gill says she died from blunt force trauma to the head. #MackenzieLueck
11:38 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
Her hands had been bound behind her with a zip tie. #MackenzieLueck
11:40 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
DA Gill says the remains at the suspect's home, as well as those in Logan Canyon, match #MackenzieLueck's
11:42 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Kelli Pierce on Twitter
Also, phone records show the suspect was in Logan Canyon on June 25. That led detectives to a "charred human body" in a shallow grave in a grove of trees off the main road. #MacKenzieLueck
11:43 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Wasn't it mentioned the day before they served a warrant on his home that they were speaking to the last person who communicated with her (which ended up to be him)?

What I would surmise is he attempted to burn the body, buried it. And then when the cops got ML's phone records and contacted him, he panicked after speaking with him, dug her remains up, and then went to Logan Canyon.

6/25 - SLCPD speaks to AJ as he is the last known person to communicate with her
6/25 - AJ travels to Logan Canyon as indicated by today's presser
6/26 - SLCPD serves warrant on AJ's house and his car, discovers remains.

thoughts?
Yes sounds like panic mode. Why would he not bring her burned personal items to the Canyon also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken