Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
DA said at today's presser, restraints on ML's remains were "a ziptie and rope" IIRC.

Does a ziptie (singular) restrain an adult? Easily? Effectively? How? A looooong one wrapping both wrists, plus rope? Seems clumsy, but many ppl have zipties around the house or car, for legit, practical, everyday purposes, maybe AA too.

Seems cuff below * would be easier, more reliable restraint. Did AA use one like this? If so, a sign of planning/pre-med?

I can't find the vid or the exact, verbatim quote by DA. Anybody have a link? TiA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_handcuffs
Plastic handcuffs (also called PlastiCuffs or FlexiCuffs, flex cuffs or Double Cuffs) are a form of physical restraint for the hands, using plastic straps. They function as handcuffs but are cheaper and easier to carry than metal handcuffs, ...

IIRC, the presser today did not state that this was the cause of death, just that this wound would have been fatal. It is possible it was inflicted post-mortem and blunt force trauma was NOT the CoD, officially. One scenario that comes to mind is that this blow could have resulted if he was trying to "take apart" or disarticulate the body for easier burning or burial
Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say
An autopsy conducted by the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office determined Lueck died from blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull, "resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging which would have been fatal," the charges state.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill declined to say Wednesday if or what kind of weapon Ajayi might have used to cause a 5-centimeter hole.

Listening to the questions during the PC, it’s irritating that reporters keep hammering on a supposed lag in looking for MK. She was an adult and may have decided to leave on her own. Law-enforcement can’t just delve into someone’s life until there’s reason to believe that person is in danger. They began the investigation after it became apparent that she didn’t walk away on her own.

She wasn’t reported missing until the 20th, and was already dead by then. An early investigation might have helped some victims, but not Kenzie.

I thought the timeline was interesting. She powered down her phone, or someone did, at 3:59 AM. It almost sounded like it may have been powered down before or as she left the Lyft car. I feel sure we’ll hear clarification of that at some point.

He purchased the gas can at 9 a.m. on the 17th, before starting the fire, so he was not prepared to do that beforehand.

It only took AA six or seven minutes to get home after picking up MK. I feel that he took her inside alive and whatever happened, happened in the home. I hope there is surveillance near the home that shows if she was able to enter on her own. I don’t believe he did anything to her in the car except possibly subdue her — and I truly believe everything that happened took place at the house. It seems doubtful that he would have been satisfied by a quick kill in the car.

Happy to hear that no deals have been made but the response to the question about that was vague — it sounds a bit like AA did offer some info about her body.

It’s obvious this case has had a dramatic impact on LE and the prosecution. This was an excellent press conference and I’m sure it was difficult to cover such a horrific act.

JMO
Only 6 or 7 min away from his house but yet has Lyft take KL to the park but not his house. He had plans to kill her for whatever reasons she did not deserve this. Freaking sick monster.

I'm watching KSL livestream the investigator van is back at AA's house. ????
KSL 5 TV on Twitter
Police remove doors from the home of Ayoola Ajayi, suspect in the death of 23-year-old #MackenzieLueck. https://ksltv.com/category/lueck
D_Jq6P3UcAE5NOQ.jpg

6:30 PM - 10 Jul 2019

Jeremy Harris on Twitter (VIDEO)
NOW: @slcpd crime scene unit is backing into the driveway of Ayoola Ajayi’s driveway. They are going to be loading in evidence collected today.
6:27 PM - 10 Jul 2019

KSL 5 TV on Twitter
BREAKING: Investigators have returned to the house of Ayoola Ajayi, the suspect in the homicide of Mackenzie Lueck. Police executing another search warrant.
D_JqN9LU4AAvWyR.png

6:26 PM - 10 Jul 2019

Dan Rascon on Twitter
Breaking: @slcpd back at the suspects home in the #MackenzieLueck murder case police say they are gathering more evidence @KSL5TV
D_JqHm7UEAUCz9u.jpg
D_JqHm0UwAAU6pz.jpg

6:26 PM - 10 Jul 2019

Last edited:
Suspect assaulted Utah student Mackenzie Lueck, then burned her body, charges say
An autopsy conducted by the Utah State Medical Examiner's Office determined Lueck died from blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull, "resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging which would have been fatal," the charges state.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill declined to say Wednesday if or what kind of weapon Ajayi might have used to cause a 5-centimeter hole.

Thank you as always. PM. You are awesome.

I knew I heard it correctly that she died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Not sure how anyone could misunderstand what the DA clearly stated today in the PC.

Imoo

I don't believe she went willingly because AA is charged with aggravated kidnapping.
Being detained can also result in these charges.

ETA: add citation previously posted

Under state law found at Utah Code § 76-5-301, a person can be charged with kidnapping for:
  • Detaining or restraining a person against their will:
    • For a “substantial” amount of time.
    • For any amount of time, if there is a risk the victim will be seriously injured.
“Detaining” means keeping someone in a location against their will. “Restraining” means interfering with the person’s ability to move freely.

Kidnapping charges become aggravated when the defendant commits kidnapping andadditional elements are present – for example, using a weapon or acting with intent to commit a sex crime (e.g. rape, aggravated sexual assault).

Utah Kidnapping (Code 76-5-301) Defense Attorney

Last edited:
Yes, that was mine and as I said - not married to the idea, just can't rule it out. I definitely think she was restrained somehow and he didn't have time to use zip ties or rope and get to his house by 3:07. I think it's possible that the trunk could have been the "restraint." MOO
Very possible. I think he got out to put her luggage in the car and tossed her into his trunk with it because he didn't want any evidence of her in his car. He also probably duct-taped her mouth. The cruelty is heartbreaking.

I think, and I really hope, the blow to the head was immediately in the car, dependent on if he’s left or right handed, but the hit to the left side would make sense in the car.. and that he thought he had just knocked her out and turned off her phone then.. but that she was unable to be revived once he got her back into his house. Gosh, I hope so. JMO. It’s all so sad.
There was nobody around at the park but them he could have grabbed her pulled her outside the car and punched her in the head with a hammer or whatever he brought under his seat tie her wrist threw her back in the car. FAKE CAMERAS AT THE PARK. He is a security camera expert look at all the cameras in his house. He knew darn well that park used fake cameras when he used to live across the street

I don't believe she went willingly because AA is charged with aggravated kidnapping.

No, kidnapping could be keeping her there if she wanted to leave. It’s entirely possible that she went willingly with him. After all, she met him willingly, downright happily, put her luggage in his car—going to his home wouldn’t have been much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361