Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparks' arrest citation says a man called his attorney Wednesday to report a foul odor coming from his property. Troopers said that information, in addition to the fact that Sparks "is the primary suspect in a missing persons investigation," led investigators to search the property.

The human remains were found buried on the property. Troopers said other items of evidence were found with the remains. "These items were last known to be in the control of only two individuals, the missing person, and the above," Sparks' citation reads.

Human remains found at Garrard County property connected to Savannah Spurlock case; one in custody

Eta- so it looks like he didn't confess in the end?

So is the property his property, or another suspects property?

Suspect is 24 years old. Warrant was to search his family member's home - probably his parents.

Chad K. Mills‏Verified account @ChadKMills
.@TprPurdy says KSP, @FBILouisville, and others now have a signed warrant to search home of a suspect’s family member in relation to Savannah Spurlock investigation. @WDRBNews

D_KT7_sXYAI6Z39.jpg

7:29 PM - 10 Jul 2019 pst

ETA: Update news
Human remains found at Garrard County property connected to Savannah Spurlock case; one in custody

The home on Fall Lick Road was searched once before. Richmond police searched the home and towed away a car on Jan. 22.Sparks lives at the home and was one of the last people to be with Spurlock.

Last edited:
Sparks' arrest citation says a man called his attorney Wednesday to report a foul odor coming from his property. Troopers said that information, in addition to the fact that Sparks "is the primary suspect in a missing persons investigation," led investigators to search the property.

The human remains were found buried on the property. Troopers said other items of evidence were found with the remains. "These items were last known to be in the control of only two individuals, the missing person, and the above," Sparks' citation reads.

Maybe the father of the suspect? Or a neighbor?

I can’t imagine burying someone on the property where my family lives. How vile. My sympathy goes to Savannah’s loved ones. How selfish of this human to take someone that so many loved and needed. May she rest in peace and receive the justice she deserves. I have followed this case since the start,as I live within a few short hours in a neighboring state. It has been nice to see so many care for her on the site. Thank you to all who kept this thread active and informed.

One thing that sticks out to me- Savannah left the bar and went to the house with three guys. It would be extremely unlikely that these three guys conspired to murder Savannah.

It never happens that way.

It will be interesting to find out what happened, if that becomes known.

RIP Savannah.
Unfortunately most of the details of how and why will likely have to come from the one who killed her unless he confided in a friend and they have spoken.

Awwww, sweet Savannah. I think we all knew this would be the outcome, but the heartbreak for her family probably just hit all over again (and never stopped). I truly thought this would be one that wouldn’t be solved. I’m so glad that she’s most likely been found and can receive a proper resting place.

Hmmmm....that’s interesting. If there is just now an odor, I’m wondering if the suspect brought her body back. Surely the smell would have been there all summer so far.

I see a lot of posts about the Metal Box. I think it was the coroner's. It had bars just like a coffin and was probably used due to the condition of the remains. There may be more arrests if David Sparks' family also tried to cover up the crime. If the foul odor was what lead someone to call the Sparks' family would have known it was there. It is a shame she wasn't found sooner. Very sorry for this horrible news @MarieWS and Spurlock family.

I see a lot of posts about the Metal Box. I think it was the coroner's. It had bars just like a coffin and was probably used due to the condition of the remains. There may be more arrests if David Sparks' family also tried to cover up the crime. If the foul odor was what lead someone to call the Sparks' family would have known it was there. It is a shame she wasn't found sooner. Very sorry for this horrible news @MarieWS and Spurlock family.

I thought it was too. Depending on how far along decomp was, and if she was already in a separate container, I just assumed they put that container into a bigger one.

I have followed this case sporadically. I know the details but have not been a poster. I hope her family get some closure from this. I hate the word closure quite honestly but she has been found, it appears, and at least they have her although that is probably bittersweet solace.

I pray justice results for Savannah and her family.

RIP Savannah, you did not deserve this.

Hmmmm....that’s interesting. If there is just now an odor, I’m wondering if the suspect brought her body back. Surely the smell would have been there all summer so far.

I recall something reported during last nights evening news broadcast: said that Savannah went missing on the coldest day of the year, and yesterday was the hottest day yet. Perhaps extreme heat contributed to resurgent ordor...?

I recall something reported during last nights evening news broadcast: said that Savannah went missing on the coldest day of the year, and yesterday was the hottest day yet. Perhaps extreme heat contributed to resurgent ordor...?
I don’t know. She disappeared 6 months ago and the weeks following were some of the coldest we had. We’ve also had a REALLY hot summer. I would’ve figured the decomp stage would’ve been a little farther a long, especially since we had a TON of rain since December. Maybe not farther, but I’m surprised whoever called was just starting to notice anything.

I thought it was too. Depending on how far along decomp was, and if she was already in a separate container, I just assumed they put that container into a bigger one.

I think the ME put her body inside the sealed container to make sure everything around her body was taken in along with her remains.

I think the cold weather pushed back the decomposition stages until warmer weather came which began a belated process of decomposition. Her body may have been frozen for some time.

I knew from minute one when she went missing she had been murdered, and these suspects were the ones involved.

I'm very sad at the outcome for Savannah, but so thankful her body has finally been found.

There is no such thing as closure for family members who have had their loved ones brutally taken from them.

However, I pray this gives them some semblance of peace now that she can be brought home, and given a proper respectful burial surrounded by those who will forever love, and miss her.

Imo

Looks as though the question: "where are you Savannah?" has now been answered. The search maybe over but the grief, the pain and devastation is not over for her loved ones, and nor will it be for a long time to come.

It's heartbreaking to think of her babies, their milestones they will hit without Savannah being there to witness them. The family left behind looking after the babies will no doubt feel this too. My heart goes out to them all.

@MarieWS, thank you for all you brought to us here. Take a rest from it all now and come back if and when you feel ready.

So sad about the news but glad LE finally arrested someone and found her

Imo due to the frigid cold weather when she was first murdered it would stop the decomp from forming.

As for the heavy rain I suspect her body wasnt outside in the outdoor environment so the rain wouldn't be issue.

It's also a possibility the suspects kept her iced down for awhile in an enclosed container.

However due to the hot weather it would be impossible to keep it in the frozen stage.

I think why the person called about smelling that distinctive smell is because her body was in the thawing process. That's the only logical conclusion why the odor was being smelled over 6 months later. Once her body began breaking down it would happen rapidly with the heat.

I'm sorry to be so graphic, but I do think that's what most likely occured even though it breaks my heart for all who loves Savannah.

Imoo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members