CA CA - Nicolas Daniel Sonderegger, 28, Salton City area, 12 Sept 2018

Some of you may remember the youtube channel Explore With Us. They helped crack the Jeffrey Kirkwood case by stumbling upon his camp while exploring.

Well, fastforward to this summer and they were exploring the Salton City area and live streaming it over youtube. They ran into a couple of locals that showed them around. Several months after Nicolas went missing. This area has a reputation of being pretty rough. The Explore with Us channel went back to the area in an attempt to bring attention to the case but so far it remains unsolved.

Missing person anouncment from the Imperial County Sheriff's Office
Imperial County Sheriff's Office

Explore With US video.

Has anyone heard anything? I have a theory, I have been digging and found an article that lists Nic as being involved in a meth bust on September 7th, I've attached a screen shot because you have to pay for the full article. Being that Nic's uncle has a criminal record is it possible that he killed Nic after the bust? I'm pretty sure he was listed as a passenger, if they let him go someone would have wanted to keep him quiet. From what I've read his uncle hasn't even helped look for him. Christina is his cousin, her dad is Nic's uncle. If he was somehow involved it would be way too easy to influence her into doing or saying whatever. Also EWU hasn't actually talked to Austin on a phone call in a long time, further making me wonder if Austin is missing too and someone is posing as him. There's no way he would have not known that was Emma. So many questions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-180218.png
    Screenshot_20191205-180218.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 61
Has anyone heard anything? I have a theory, I have been digging and found an article that lists Nic as being involved in a meth bust on September 7th, I've attached a screen shot because you have to pay for the full article. Being that Nic's uncle has a criminal record is it possible that he killed Nic after the bust? I'm pretty sure he was listed as a passenger, if they let him go someone would have wanted to keep him quiet. From what I've read his uncle hasn't even helped look for him. Christina is his cousin, her dad is Nic's uncle. If he was somehow involved it would be way too easy to influence her into doing or saying whatever. Also EWU hasn't actually talked to Austin on a phone call in a long time, further making me wonder if Austin is missing too and someone is posing as him. There's no way he would have not known that was Emma. So many questions.

Those two stories are not related. Sonderegger wasn't involved in a meth bust.

I googled it as well and it seems like he was.. moo
this was gone over when the case originally came around and it wasn't him involved. I did read the original story at the time so i am 100% sure on that one. Good to keep an eye out for all the same but.

this was gone over when the case originally came around and it wasn't him involved. I did read the original story at the time so i am 100% sure on that one. Good to keep an eye out for all the same but.
Interesting you say you read the 'original' story,yet provide no link to the 'original' story.

Could someone post a basic summary of known facts in the case including Nic's affiliation with "EWU"? I can't find anything online that doesn't assume the reader doesn't already know a lot of details about Nic.

Could someone post a basic summary of known facts in the case including Nic's affiliation with "EWU"? I can't find anything online that doesn't assume the reader doesn't already know a lot of details about Nic.
EWU explored a lot of abandoned places at the time. They just kinda ran into eachother while exploring some abandoned buildings around the Salton Sea. I want to say their first meeting was actually on a livestream but it has been so long ago now that i don't want to promise that lol I was watching the stream at the time though. They kinda offered to show the EWU people around the area and some of the better abandoned spots. They showed up in more than one video/live and it seems like they all went over to Slab City in a vid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back