Found Safe Canada - New Market, ON, Leo Easton 70 & Grandsons 2 & 4 10 Jul 2019

Minou

Concerned Citizen of the World
Reaction score
Police trying to find grandfather and two kids missing in Newmarket

York Regional Police are trying to locate a man who may have gotten lost in Newmarket with his young grandchildren.

According to police, 70-year-old Leo Easton was last seen in Newmarket with his two grandsons – aged two and four – at around 3 p.m. Wednesday.

He was driving a blue Pontiac Montana van with the license plate BVBP364.

No foul play or ill-intent is suspected, however police say that Easton is not familiar with the area and they are concerned that he may be lost.

Easton is described as a white male, standing five-foot-10 and weighing about 160 pounds. He has salt and pepper hair and was wearing a blue checkered shirt, khaki shorts and white shoes.

Anyone who spots him is being asked to contact police.

1_4503254.jpg

York Regional Police say Leo Easton was last spotted driving with his two grandsons, pictured. (Handout)
1_4503250.jpg

A blue Pontiac Montana van is pictured.

Anybody getting the Amber Alert? My husband has gotten it 15 or 20 times - it won't stop alerting on his phone for some reason ... I only got it once

So now they must think the kids are in danger ... I wonder if he got in an accident ... drove off the road somewhere ... or intentionally took off with the boys ... or is having a medical episode ... idk what to think

'As good as it gets:' Two boys who were subject of Amber Alert found safe
"Police previously described the grandfather as a “vulnerable person” who likely didn’t know where he was going, as he was from Pickering and not familiar with York Region.

Harvey said that that given the period of time that had elapsed, police were concerned that the grandfather and the boys could be far from Toronto and at one point went so far as to notify the U.S. Border Service.

Luckily, they didn’t stray too far.

About 90 minutes after the Amber Alert was first issued, a Toronto police constable and his partner spotted the vehicle on Lake Shore Boulevard near Royal York Road and decided to pull it over.

One of those officers, Const. Richard Brown, told CP24 that the driver “was a little bit confused but in good spirits.”

He said that the two children were checked out by paramedics and then taken to a nearby McDonalds for a snack while their parents made their way to the scene.

“It was a very good team effort and the Amber Alert certainly did work,” Brown said.

“It is a great feeling,” his partner, Const. Joe Cicchirillo, added. “This is basically a 10 out of 10, this is as good as it gets.”

I'm so glad they were all found safe, but if the grandfather gets so easily confused, I don't think I would be leaving him in charge of my 2 young kids again. Sorry if that's harsh.

so I guess they must just add the word 'ABDUCTED' after a certain period of time ... since it seems the circumstances don't appear to warrant it

there's something wrong with alerts on my husband's phone - he got it about 20 times before he shut his phone off - weird cause I have the same phone and only got it three times, with a slight difference the third time

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back