Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #14 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Request was made to LE by Hearst Media under Freedom of Info:

Here is some info on Hearst Media operations in CT: Hearst bets big on Connecticut's media industry

Quote from article:
"The acquisition in June particularly of the New Haven Register — “the paper we were most interested in” — brings Hearst's Connecticut publication count up to eight dailies and 13 weeklies, plus the monthly Connecticut Magazine and twice-yearly Connecticut Bride Magazine, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

The deal also expands Hearst's geographic footprint, giving it its first toehold in central Connecticut with the acquisition of the Middletown Press.

All told, Hearst will now be reaching 850,000 households — the largest aggregate readership in a state with a population approaching 3.6 million".

List of Hearst publications in CT:
Hearst's Connecticut publications
Daily newspapers:

Connecticut Post

The Norwalk Hour

Stamford Advocate

Greenwich Time

The News-Times

*The New Haven Register

*The Middletown Press

*The Register Citizen

Magazines

*Connecticut Magazine (monthly)

*The Connecticut Bride (twice a year)

Weekly newspapers:

Fairfield Citizen

Westport News

Darien News

New Canaan News

The Greater New Milford Spectrum

*Post-Chronicle

*Milford-Orange Bulletin

*ShoreLine Times

*Fairfield & Westport Minuteman

*West Hartford News

*The Foothills Trader

*The Litchfield County Times

*The Dolphin (distributed on the Submarine Base in Groton)

*Newly purchased

Last edited:
Request was made to LE by Heart Media under Freedom of Info:

Here is some info on Hearst Media operations in CT: Hearst bets big on Connecticut's media industry

Quote from article:
"The acquisition in June particularly of the New Haven Register — “the paper we were most interested in” — brings Hearst's Connecticut publication count up to eight dailies and 13 weeklies, plus the monthly Connecticut Magazine and twice-yearly Connecticut Bride Magazine, he said in a wide-ranging interview.

The deal also expands Hearst's geographic footprint, giving it its first toehold in central Connecticut with the acquisition of the Middletown Press.

All told, Hearst will now be reaching 850,000 households — the largest aggregate readership in a state with a population approaching 3.6 million".

Daily newspapers:

Connecticut Post

The Norwalk Hour

Stamford Advocate

Greenwich Time

The News-Times

*The New Haven Register

*The Middletown Press

*The Register Citizen

Magazines

Weekly newspapers:

Fairfield Citizen

Westport News

Darien News

New Canaan News

*Post-Chronicle

*Milford-Orange Bulletin

*ShoreLine Times

*West Hartford News

*The Foothills Trader

*Newly purchased
You are one mean machine!

Encouraging quote (from June 20): While authorities did not reveal if any evidence was found at the facility, Brian Foley, the executive aide to James Rovella, who heads the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, said the efforts were “worth it.”
YES! Was so pleased to read that portion and I'm sure that tidbit was put out just for No Case Norm and his client to stew over.

You are one mean machine!
Not sure how to take comment that but I wanted to show people not from CT that media in CT is highly concentrated in terms of ownership.

You have Hearst, Tribune (owns HC which is largest paper in CT and oldest continuously operating paper in US) and then major TV news (FOX, NBC, CBS etc.) and true locals like newcanaanite etc.

Most of the people in Fairfield Country get all their news from NYC sources (TV and paper - most don't watch the network affiliate stations from CT so they get very limited info via TV from CT sources) so in the normal course wouldn't even be reading any of these CT based publications or watching CT based TV. The case though is getting folks in Fairfield County to search out local news IMO as NYT coverage has been limited of the case but the NYP has been getting commentary from friends and family of JD and that has been encouraging to see.

We have seen some dedicated investigative reporting on the Dulos case from local press and that has been wonderful to see! I do truly hope though that we get more outside of CT media looking at this case to keep the reporting fresh and on point and asking questions perhaps from a different POV, particularly about the courts.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that Hearst bought Connecticut Magazine! What's next - Moffley?!
I helped launch a weekly many years ago that was folded into the Greenwich Time. I know a couple of people who were downsized when they bought The Hour (Norwalk, adjacent to New Canaan).

These publications are all running leaner and meaner these days, with consolidated newsrooms - "economies of scale," in business parlance. The problem is that if they lazy, buy into misinformation, or just get a story wrong, it impacts how the facts are perceived throughout the state. For example, that oft-reported point that "the nanny let LE into the garage." We have been sleuthing this point for weeks, and it appears we don't have any proof, but it sounds like she was actually in NYC when LE arrived.

Thank goodness for the independent outlets, such as NewCanaanite and Nancy on Norwalk (not that the latter would cover this one...too much municipal politics to fill the news slots each day).

Quote from article:

Daily newspapers:

Connecticut Post

The Norwalk Hour

Stamford Advocate

Greenwich Time

The News-Times

*The New Haven Register

*The Middletown Press

*The Register Citizen

Magazines

Weekly newspapers:

Fairfield Citizen

Westport News

Darien News

New Canaan News

*Post-Chronicle

*Milford-Orange Bulletin

*ShoreLine Times

*West Hartford News

*The Foothills Trader

*Newly purchased

This is a general law question, but do criminal defense attnys ever ask their client if they did it or not, or is it just an elephant in the room kind of thing?
In this case, is NP asking FD questions/is FD required to tell NP anything?

This is a general law question, but do criminal defense attnys ever ask their client if they did it or not, or is it just an elephant in the room kind of thing?
Oh yes good question!! Also wondering if telling your lawyer can ever be used against you or is that protected in all cases? If it’s not protected he wouldn’t tell NP anything?

If it's a tripod, wouldn't it have to be elevated up some how and/or pretty tall to take that picture?

I’m sure you’re right. I was thinking initially (first thought to pop in my head!) that it might have been set up on a terrace but that seems crazy and it does look like kids and adults are reacting to someone, adults more happily than the kids are MOO. It seemed like there were more kids than just those of JD/FD and MT so maybe it was a parent of one of the other kids there.

Quote from article:

Daily newspapers:

Connecticut Post

The Norwalk Hour

Stamford Advocate

Greenwich Time

The News-Times

*The New Haven Register

*The Middletown Press

*The Register Citizen

Magazines

Weekly newspapers:

Fairfield Citizen

Westport News

Darien News

New Canaan News

*Post-Chronicle

*Milford-Orange Bulletin

*ShoreLine Times

*West Hartford News

*The Foothills Trader

*Newly purchased
Did you mean the "NEW CANAAN ADVERTISER" and not the New Canaan News?

The NC Advertiser has been a mainstay for multiple generations with the Hersam family, published weekly every Thursday. Now owned by Hearst Media.

I haven't read a printed copy for awhile. I used to get it the mail when I moved but stopped my subscription several years ago. They just changed the web site. Looks the same as THE HOUR and the STAMFORD ADVOCATE.

I'm old school as I like the printed version. Under the NEW CANAAN ADVERTISER banner was "Published in the Next Station to Heaven" in reference to New Canaan being the last stop on the Metro North New Canaan Branch out of Grand Central through Stamford.

This isn't a direct answer, but a lawyer is not allowed to call a witness to testify if the lawyer knows the testimony will be a lie/perjury.

I’m sure you’re right. I was thinking initially (first thought to pop in my head!) that it might have been set up on a terrace but that seems crazy and it does look like kids and adults are reacting to someone, adults more happily than the kids are MOO. It seemed like there were more kids than just those of JD/FD and MT so maybe it was a parent of one of the other kids there.
This looks exactly like the photos taken by drones, many kids and families in this demographic have these and I can totally see FD as someone who would get one for him and his kids to play around with.

If someone working on this case is feeding NP info .. I hope they are exposed prosecuted. I think someone is tho .. how else would he know MT passed the polygraph ? No one in LE ever said if she passed or failed .

No idea but he had a 50/50 chance of being right and if LE responded either way, they would have been giving him information he actually never had IMO.

I cringe at the idea that what we say could help him although I don’t believe there IS any help for FD in this situation. I assume LE looks because why not?

I totally agree with you. I believe he is being leaked info from
either LE or State's Atty. office. Why do I believe that?
Go back and view the videos of FD's first hearing and when it was
over, NP exits to parking lot whereupon a couple LE descend on
him, like he was some rock star, and greeted him and shook hands with him. He paused for a few moments and gave them some time
to ? congratulate him. This guy has buddies. This guy has fans.
This was no 'normal' greeting of an attorney. This was a 'star'
around court. these LE guys ate him right up. They were
enamored by him. He has cultivated this following among some
LE or court personnel. IMO, that's why.

I feel like the operative word is that HE paused. He expected it as his due IMO. I imagine that with his seemingly significant need to be noticed that seems to lead him to spout off all kinds of things, it would be useful if distasteful for at least some of LE to be chummy with him. Or not. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288