Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

I have dreamed for years that if I could have just one superpower, it would be that of being able to find the missing, dead or alive. If I were that dirt biker, my life would be completely disrupted because for one brief, shining moment, I would have that superpower. So I work in SAR to hone my human power in the same direction as my imaginary superpower. I would love to see the story on exactly how he came across the remains, and what the experience was like for him, and what it has been like since.
It doubtless goes without saying that the biker's life will never again be what it was. He is seeing life through a different lens now. I've said it before and will do so once more: I love that man.

The very best of luck to you in your SAR work. It is very commendable.

Well. We know who did it. We have a conviction. But I've always been fascinated by the sociopathic mind. You know, nature vs. nurture and how those variants come into play. For that reason, I'm wondering what we know about CM's background, early life, etc. Was he born with sociopathic tendencies that were displayed at an early age? Who were his parents, and what life did he lead as a young person? The cruelty he inflicted on this family is beyond forgivable, but IMO greed is an answer that is way too simplistic.

Well. We know who did it. We have a conviction. But I've always been fascinated by the sociopathic mind. You know, nature vs. nurture and how those variants come into play. For that reason, I'm wondering what we know about CM's background, early life, etc. Was he born with sociopathic tendencies that were displayed at an early age? Who were his parents, and what life did he lead as a young person? The cruelty he inflicted on this family is beyond forgivable, but IMO greed is an answer that is way too simplistic.

I want to say that my belief has always been that all the circumstances that chase created during his relationship with the Mcstays were designed to carry him to this ultimate end.

In other words I believe he already understood the trajectory early on and the plan was always to ride it out to its ultimate end ,he always knew he would use them and probably would end up raping summer and taking out joey . I think chase couldn't believe his luck having a mooch like Joey...and decided to ride it until it got ugly and then he could justify the murders in his mind because the game ended. But he always knew where this was going, he had contempt for them after a time, he hated them..so it wasn't really about greed...no ...it was about narcissistic injury and being called out and discovered. Chase had been prepared for this day since day one...I think the money he took after the killings was chicken scratch...there was some interpersonal aspect, some jealousy and psycho sexual aspect to this crime..

not about greed, more about control, as Chase Merritt is a sadist and a psychopath, mOO

I want to say that my belief has always been that all the circumstances that chase created during his relationship with the Mcstays were designed to carry him to this ultimate end.

In other words I believe he already understood the trajectory early on and the plan was always to ride it out to its ultimate end ,he always knew he would use them and probably would end up raping summer and taking out joey . I think chase couldn't believe his luck having a mooch like Joey...and decided to ride it until it got ugly and then he could justify the murders in his mind because the game ended. But he always knew where this was going, he had contempt for them after a time, he hated them..so it wasn't really about greed...no ...it was about narcissistic injury and being called out and discovered. Chase had been prepared for this day since day one...I think the money he took after the killings was chicken scratch...there was some interpersonal aspect, some jealousy and psycho sexual aspect to this crime..

not about greed, more about control, as Chase Merritt is a sadist and a psychopath, mOO
I totally agree! Very well said.

I truly believe that Chase resented Joey and hated that Joey had a new house, and nice cars and money in the bank. Chase believed that he should have all of that, instead of his boss.

He twisted things in his mind to convince himself that Joey was the one stealing and taking advantage of him, so he could justify ripping off Joey, by shorting him, taking supplies from him to use on his own side jobs, taking money for supplies and then not paying the bills, not finishing the work on time, so then Joey has to pay, etc. Then he began out and out stealing by forging checks.

He always resented Summer and the boys because he felt that his wife kids should have been the ones receiving gifts and parties, and Joeys kids were spoiled brats and got what they deserved. As did Summer.

Yes. He had a choice (not saying it was a rational choice btw) to murder just Joey while he was on his own away from Summer and the boys. He chose to kill them all, didn't need to be identifiable and killing witnesses if he didn't want to be. Although I can see that that may have been to facilitate the plan that ultimately succeeded for a while, and would have continued to succeed if it wasn't for the biker in the desert, to have the family voluntarily missing and no dead body search. But he could have still staged an accident, or disappearance of just Joey.

This was a long plan, that I think he relished formulating. IMO

I never knew JM owned property in Belize? The drug cartel angle-People Mag suggests that possibly Jm was under pressure to ship his fountains loaded with drugs. Which we know now was untrue, but that is where it started at.

I will be glad when Merritt's sentencing phase is completed, and he is transferred to death row.

I believe we will learn more things this horrid individual has done.

I do wish we knew more about his family dynamics such as are they a lot like him or have they led law abiding lives?

Perhaps even after the sentence is imposed maybe an investigative journalist will do a deep dive into his entire life history.

Waiting for final justice to be imposed, and to hear the victim impact statements.

No matter how heartbreaking they will undoubtedly be it will not faze this psychopath monster whatsoever. Imo

Jmho

It doubtless goes without saying that the biker's life will never again be what it was. He is seeing life through a different lens now. I've said it before and will do so once more: I love that man.

The very best of luck to you in your SAR work. It is very commendable.

Since I am a woman of strong faith I believe it was divine intervention.

Just like I believe it was when Laci, and Connor were thrown in the SF bay, and even though LE knew their bodies were there it would take a miracle to find them. An unexpected storm happened four 4 months later, and they finally were found. Not only was the partial remains of Laci found, but precious Conner's body was found in tact after being in his mommy's ravaged, and tattered tummy for all that time.

Thank God for this biker. He was the catalyst that started the wheels of justice turning for this precious family to receive deserved justice. It was meant to be.

Jmho

I will be glad when Merritt's sentencing phase is completed, and he is transferred to death row.

I believe we will learn more things this horrid individual has done.

I do wish we knew more about his family dynamics such as are they a lot like him or have they led law abiding lives?

Perhaps even after the sentence is imposed maybe an investigative journalist will do a deep dive into his entire life history.

Waiting for final justice to be imposed, and to hear the victim impact statements.

No matter how heartbreaking they will undoubtedly be it will not faze this psychopath monster whatsoever. Imo

Jmho
Ocean, from what I've been given to understand, the entire dismal family has been skirting the law from Moment One.

And then? As far as I know California imposed a moratorium on executions and, in addiction, he ordered to dismantle the death chamber.
In other words death penalty is "uneffective" now in California... :confused:
This beast will spend the rest of his useless life in prison but no execution in sight... :(

And then? As far as I know California imposed a moratorium on executions and, in addiction, he ordered to dismantle the death chamber.
In other words death penalty is "uneffective" now in California... :confused:
This beast will spend the rest of his useless life in prison but no execution in sight... :(

While it's true executions have been put on hold under Newsome it will take another ballot vote by all CA voters to repeal what they voted for when the majority voted for the death penalty to be an option in the worst of the worst cases.

From what I have read recently the majority of CA citizens still want the death penalty option.

Its tragic that GN promised he would do whatever the majority wanted, and then when elected has done the opposite although not surprising for a politician.

Imo, it doesn't matter if he is ever executed. What does matter is his jury believed he is among the worst, and deserved the punishment of death. Which he did.

So the right sentence was given based on all of the evidence against him showing he is a psychopath with sadistic traits. Imo.

He deserved no less than the harshest punishment under CA law. Anything less wouldnt have fit the crimes he committed with any other sentence.

Imo, he is going to the right place, and will always be labeled as one of the worst always having to wear DeathRow garb where he will be put in maximum security locked down 23 hours of 24 every day.

When out he will have to be with others just like him who have also been labeled the worst of the worst by their juries.

He no longer will be with fraudsters or thieves like he is use to gabbing with.

Every inmate now will be hardcore extremely violent offenders.

He will not be able to impress them, and he better watch his back because these individuals have nothing to lose. Many detest cold blooded murderers who murdered defenseless little children.

Jmho

Last edited:
Oceanblueeyes said:
snipped by me....
While it's true executions have been put on hold under Newsome it will take another ballot vote by all CA voters to repeal what they voted for when the majority voted for the death penalty to be an option in the worst of the worst cases.

From what I have read recently the majority of CA citizens still want the death penalty option.

Quite true! I will still vote for the death penalty option on the worst of the worst. And yes, I still get to vote in California elections even though I live abroad. :)

So I don't see Newsome dismantling any death chamber... :rolleyes:

if any case is DP worthy it's this case.

if any man deserves to die for his crimes it's Chase Merritt, Scott Peterson and the Golden State Killer. California has nearly 750 death row inmates.

oh and let me add the Leonard lake and Charles Ng who believe are still alive..

Last edited:

if any man deserves to die for his crimes it's Chase Merritt, Scott Peterson and the Golden State Killer. California has nearly 750 death row inmates.

Joseph James DeAngelo is maybe the worst criminal ever...for real.
When he killed he was even a police officer...
(It seems he has Italian backgrounds...this irritates me so much... :mad:)

Lake took cyanide in the interrogation room and died.

Post trial thoughts.
This is the only murder story that I've ever been so close to. What a twisted horrific story it ended up to be.
Getting to know some of the family members and the angst they have gone through all of these years has been life changing for me.
I will forever appreciate the kind family of the McStays. Such good people who had a nightmare occur to them for no reason.
I am also VERY grateful to the San Bernadino law enforcement who picked up this case and solved it.
Truly, unsung heroes, each and everyone of them who intelligently put this jigsaw puzzle together.
I personally do not care if Chase Merritt is killed by the State of California. It wouldn't happen in this political environment anyway.
I do hope that he suffers every single day for the rest of his miserable life.
I, hate him. And ALL people like him.
The next time I hear his name, I hope it's in an obituary.
Rest in peace Joey, Summer, Giannini and Joey Jr. Xxxxoooo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back