NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, he says that he is walking the straight and narrow and the community is safe. Not really, he held onto the videos and photos of his victims, allowing him to relive his crimes anytime he wishes. He filmed these women and, instead of using his imported VI shredder to shred the videos he took, he has his assaults and anyone else's assaults at his fingertips. That is not straight and narrow. That is still behaving badly with kiddie *advertiser censored*-- illegal and probably not filmed with consent (oh, right, they were under 18 and could not give consent). Keep him locked up-- no kiddie *advertiser censored* in jail.

From: Jeffrey Epstein seeks $77 million bail package in sex trafficking case
Epstein's attorneys also emphasized that the new charges relate to past behavior and said he's had a "spotless 14-year record of walking the straight and narrow."

"Any danger that Mr. Epstein may have once posed to the community has long since abated," the lawyers wrote. "At the very least, this enormous gap in time precludes a finding by clear and convincing evidence that no conditions of release can reasonably assure the community's safety."
Didn't they find pictures and cd's full of pictures of girls who may have been underage in the recent raid ? Seems like he hasn't been so clean the last 14 years... That's child *advertiser censored* if true. Seems like that would/should be a deal breaker among other things.

Didn't they find pictures and cd's full of pictures of girls who may have been underage in the recent raid ? Seems like he hasn't been so clean the last 14 years... That's child *advertiser censored* if true. Seems like that would/should be a deal breaker among other things.

I would think that maintaining possession of child *advertiser censored* is an ongoing crime. So yes, so much for squeaky clean/straight and narrow.

I was amazed a level 3 offender was allowed to fly around the world. so much. I believe any movement outside the state must be approved but really don't know that much about it. I did read the DA's office tried to get a downgrade on his level once and the judge was just incredulous, saying they had never heard of the DA's office trying to do something like this. She denied it. But for the DA's office to try shows how connected he was with someone... Found the article.

That Time Manhattan DA’s Office ‘Shocked’ a Judge with Epstein Sex-Offender Registry Argument

BBM for focus. He is connected to a lot of someones. Someones in business. Someones in politics. Someones in international politics. Someones in government. This is an "old boys" club and connections. Think Nasar, Sandusky, Weinstein, Catholic Church, Boy Scouts. A whole lot of "look the other way", "he/she wanted it", "he does a lot of good" and lots of powerful others who know they are in it so they cover it up.

I was amazed a level 3 offender was allowed to fly around the world. so much. I believe any movement outside the state must be approved but really don't know that much about it. I did read the DA's office tried to get a downgrade on his level once and the judge was just incredulous, saying they had never heard of the DA's office trying to do something like this. She denied it. But for the DA's office to try shows how connected he was with someone... Found the article.

That Time Manhattan DA’s Office ‘Shocked’ a Judge with Epstein Sex-Offender Registry Argument

BBM for focus. He is connected to a lot of someones. Someones in business. Someones in politics. Someones in international politics. Someones in government. This is an "old boys" club and connections. Think Nasar, Sandusky, Weinstein, Catholic Church, Boy Scouts. A whole lot of "look the other way", "he/she wanted it", "he does a lot of good" and lots of powerful others who know they are in it so they cover it up.

BBM Well said @kaen, you said is much better than I could have. Time for the someones to face the music.

Notification from my phone Labor Sec. Acosta resigns!

No surprise. When the former FL DA came out with the "not so fast" and "by the way you could have filed charges" there was little to salvage. The SDNY is using old info as Acosta said it was new info. Saying nothing and waiting it out might have been better. They had a 53 page indictment for God's sakes.

I want to know where the ADA in Vance's office (level 1 sex offender advocate) and the fed prosecutors (who Acosta said felt the deal was great and needed secrecy) are. What jobs do they have? What firms hired them if they went private? Let's follow the shady people to see who helped them along. These are the ones that might help to blow off the lid off.

On the "different time" assertion, it was 2002-2005, not the 1940s or, even, the 1970s. It was known that having sex with high schoolers as an adult was wrong and illegal.

This is very disturbing...
But during the 1990s, Epstein apparently had another getaway, at a Michigan cabin. There, the 66-year-old financier was a donor to the revered Interlochen Center for the Arts, a fine-arts boarding school and camp, and had bankrolled the “Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge” on its campus.

Indeed, The Daily Beast has discovered that Epstein listed this rental lodge in his infamous Little Black Book—a veritable rolodex of famous faces, from President Donald Trump and his lawyer Alan Dershowitz, to Harvey Weinstein’s brother Bob and even Courtney Love. The address book also contained the names of a pair of students who had attended Interlochen. Epstein Had His Own Lodge at Interlochen’s Prestigious Arts Camp for Kids

Here's an interesting article about his potential sources of wealth (or not). Though it's largely speculative, it follows the threads many of us here suspect might be true (i.e., Blackmail)

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/07/hedge-funders-have-some-thoughts-on-what-epstein-was-doing.html

This old boys' network crap protecting their own continues to make me sick. Judges giving passes to rapists because they "come from good families" "go to good colleges" etc...what about the victims? Women and children should just lie down and take it, I suppose. Or they really enjoy it, I guess. ARGH! And the sad thing is that for everyone of these that we know about, there are probably 10 more lurking in the shadows who get lucky never to get caught.

@KlasfeldReports

Prosecutors give another reason that Jeffrey Epstein should stay behind bars.

It's what his accusers want, and they must be heard under the Crime Victims' Rights Act, the same statute that Alex Acosta violated more than a decade ago by shirking notification.
More details on Epstein's vast wealth:

He has more than $500 million tied to one unnamed financial institution alone and makes more than $10 million a year.

The 14-page bail memo plus exhibits here (link: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6192049-Epstein-bail-USA-7-12-19.html) documentcloud.org/documents/6192…
Epstein-bail USA 7.12.19

D_TiWwwXsAEGd1s.png

It is shocking a DA would try to pull a stunt like that and I hope it was investigated thoroughly to make sure the assistant DA didn't accept money from Epstein. Acosta should be investigated for the sweetheart plea deal he made with Epstein's attorneys.

My son was telling me today about a $53 million fraud committed by a Dixon Illinois city employee over a period of 20 years. It was only by accident that it was uncovered by another city employee who blew the whistle.

Follow the money.....

JMO

This is very disturbing...
But during the 1990s, Epstein apparently had another getaway, at a Michigan cabin. There, the 66-year-old financier was a donor to the revered Interlochen Center for the Arts, a fine-arts boarding school and camp, and had bankrolled the “Jeffrey Epstein Scholarship Lodge” on its campus.

Indeed, The Daily Beast has discovered that Epstein listed this rental lodge in his infamous Little Black Book—a veritable rolodex of famous faces, from President Donald Trump and his lawyer Alan Dershowitz, to Harvey Weinstein’s brother Bob and even Courtney Love. The address book also contained the names of a pair of students who had attended Interlochen. Epstein Had His Own Lodge at Interlochen’s Prestigious Arts Camp for Kids

I have a daughter who attends school at Interlochen Arts Academy and another who graduated from there last year. Got the email from the school president today, which said essentially the same thing as the vice-president quoted in the article, that he had no unsupervised access to students while on campus. The email said he was on campus for a week in August of 2000. His name is no longer on the cabin built with his donations according to the email, and he has been removed from all donation references, as the article says.

The cabins on campus are usually used for the summer camp.

I hope the school is telling the truth! Student names allegedly being in his black book according to this article does not sound good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members