GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

yes, Becky had a long history of stealing...but she didn't have to murder anyone over it after she was exposed for the numerous thefts. Becky had the support of her boyfriend, Tim Loggains. I think he could have helped to fix the problem if she was stealing from Linda--without Becky having to fix it herself by killing Linda. I guess it is the degree of what appears to be premeditated violence in this murder/the strange charge of abusing a corpse, along with the cover up that makes me think there is more to it than just someone stealing money from a close friend. However, as Tim Loggains suggested in a recent interview, it's possible that no one knew the real Becky...what she was capable of and what lurked under her public persona.
Abd I can totally see her it him stealing and it being enough $$$ to resort to murder (possibly quickly) if Linda threatened to go to the cops. Abuse of a corpse is a holding charge or used as a charge for arguing aggravating circumstances. I have seen it a lot the last several years. Jmo

Motive? Love interest. Jealousy. imo
That's what I think too...Becky had a long history of stealing--she was comfortable doing it, and it doesn't seem like she ever assaulted anyone over it either. In my opinion, this murder definitely has overtones of something more than just a money issue.

i think Linda was going to press charges and Becky didn't want to go to jail.
That is a possibility too--Perhaps, there were extenuating circumstances going on in Becky's life that caused her snap. I find it hard to imagine her boyfriend, TL, not knowing that Becky was stealing from Linda, unless she had access to money that belonged to Linda...money that TL didn't know about.

I don’t think anyone should be bringing LCS under suspicion. Some of these comments are pretty close to victim blaming.

Oh no, how strange! I glanced it quickly but as I said, she died from stab wounds, not gunshot. The camera tells the tale, apparently. It was found in in the garage with many things, so it had been disconnected but there was footage IN THE CLOUD.

Here's another link Affidavit unveils new details in murder of former state Senator Linda Collins - ETA to confirm to guidelines on copywrited materials.

POCAHONTAS, Ark. (KAIT) - A report Friday noted that a home security camera owned by former State Senator Linda Collins reportedly played a role in the arrest of Becky O’Donnell.

According to content provider KARK, an arrest affidavit has been released for O’Donnell in the case.

The report notes that Collins died of multiple stab wounds, not shot, KARK reported, citing Arkansas Times in the story.

Last edited:
I don't remember reading that Momof4RN but I do know Boyce is backpedaling now. I also can't imagine Max Brantley would have released the information if he didn't have permission. Oopsie.

Oh no, how strange! I glanced it quickly but as I said, she died from stab wounds, not gunshot. The camera tells the tale, apparently. It was found in in the garage with many things, so it had been disconnected but there was footage IN THE CLOUD.

Here's another link Affidavit unveils new details in murder of former state Senator Linda Collins - ETA to confirm to guidelines on copywrited materials.

POCAHONTAS, Ark. (KAIT) - A report Friday noted that a home security camera owned by former State Senator Linda Collins reportedly played a role in the arrest of Becky O’Donnell.

According to content provider KARK, an arrest affidavit has been released for O’Donnell in the case.

The report notes that Collins died of multiple stab wounds, not shot, KARK reported, citing Arkansas Times in the story.

Thanks !! Good find.

Last edited:
Well, the affadavit wasn't released, just parts of what they used for BO's arrest. It does put speculation to rest about her being shot as I had seen other terrible posts in social media about how LCS was "pro gun" and isn't it ironic she was shot. :( People are so mean-spirited. The camera footage is interesting as it may actually show BO either doing something illegal or perhaps caught in a lie to law enforcement. It "played a role" in the arrest.

From my experience, the closer women are to each other--sharing a lot, trusting and relying on each other for significant emotional support for a long period of time...if there was a money disagreement, I think it would have been resolved without escalating to getting a gun, committing murder, and then abusing the corpse. That type of murder seems hinged on a rage of some sort. In less Becky helped herself to Linda's credit/debit card after killing her to buy several containers of beach (which seems a bit bizarre), it appears they were comfortable sharing joint money expenditures together.

On page 8, their is a news article that says BO went to Walmart alone and bought a large quantity of bleach using a credit/debit card that was not LCS. She returned later that day with TL and made another purchase of others items using LCS credit card. ( and maybe or maybe not one more bottle of bleach)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back