Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

This would have been a kinship placement not a foster care placement so there aren't the same rules about bedrooms and beds. Standards are different because it's typically an emergency placement so lots of the usual things like home studies, background checks, # of children in the home ect. are waived. If the child stays there eventually these things will get done so the placement can be permanent. But kinship placements don't get money from the state like foster parents do or depending on the state some kinship placements do get paid but typically only about 1/3rd the rate a foster home would. This is the main reason when I worked in foster care that it was really pushed hard to find a kinship placement for children first because it's better for the states budget. In theory it should be better for the child as well because they are being placed with someone they already know but that's definitely not always the case.

I realize the other children were not foster children. However, ANY cps employee should have stepped foot in that apartment and immediately ruled it out. It is too crowded and there was never going to be adequate space for Cedric. The rules STILL apply to him. He still couldn't have shared a room with the other children and he still required a bed.

Even emergency placements require a walk through. I would not be shocked to find that it didn't happen.

Have to think that would be coming soon. Don’t think she admitted to lying tho. According to This updated article her cell phone showed she was lying.

Aunt's boyfriend arrested in death of 18-month-old Dallas boy found in landfill
And as predicted, the juvenile "witness" was also a lie. Notice that it was the aunt who told police what the girl supposedly saw, not the girl herself.
Jackson also initially told police that a girl inside the condo told her she saw someone, who looked like a close family friend, take Cedric overnight. The girl said she hid and didn't say anything until the morning because she was afraid.
The aunt's a liar and hopefully it will be her undoing.

And as predicted, the juvenile "witness" was also a lie. Notice that it was the aunt who told police what the girl supposedly saw, not the girl herself.

The aunt's a liar and hopefully it will be her undoing.
I swear fox 4 already said this morning the Aunt lied and knew BF left with him , I don't have a link but it was the 5 am cast, I figured I would come back to an arrest this morning .

RIP little one! I feel the same way most of you do regarding the aunt. Very sketchy. Too many stories so far. No credibility. Another tiny wonderful life extinguished. Heart aches.

As an aside, we keep seeing this happening. And it’s sickening.

Ugh...yet another one. Sad, may this little baby rest in peace. I agree that the Aunt should be arrested as she undoubtedly had knowledge of how this baby was being treated by her boyfriend, if not by herself. Shame on the lot of them, including CPS.

RIP little one! I feel the same way most of you do regarding the aunt. Very sketchy. Too many stories so far. No credibility. Another tiny wonderful life extinguished. Heart aches.

As an aside, we keep seeing this happening. And it’s sickening.
This is something I never thought I'd say, but some of these children we have seen treated so badly in their short, hurtful little lives would have had better care at the SPCA. SMH. (Please pardon, but that's how I see it.)

That’s how it should be and sounds like good reason why CPS should fall under LE agency and not family services which has been mentioned on another thread.

I totally agree. Name a state CPS has not failed children.

CPS is more like a social agency, not showing clear success in protection of children. LE is in the protection business.

This is something I never thought I'd say, but some of these children we have seen treated so badly in their short, hurtful little lives would have had better care at the SPCA. SMH. (Please pardon, but that's how I see it.)

Well said! It is truly mind boggling and just so very sad. Very sad and it should infuriate all of us.

And in addition to that, I am seeing a disturbing number of cases (keeps going up every year) where the mother/or biological relative seems to care more for their significant other than the actual child(ren) under their care. It’s becoming like a weekly if not several times a month type of thing we are seeing. And it’s beyond comprehension. At least to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back