Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #14 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT is due back in court on the tampering and hindering charges next week, on Thursday. Hopefully the judge will hear more from her attorney than denials of guilt, IMO. I wonder how much more the prosecutor is going to be prepared to delve into at this appearance, and what forensic evidence is going to be presented that they'll have to answer to.
"Troconis is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Stamford on July 18."
Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing mom, released on bond
It's been such a dry week I am hoping we will hear something. Wondering what everyone thinks. Will they let her off the hook with no GPS? I don't see that happening but I always get it wrong!

Re ADHD symptoms- I agree with you and or with earlier posts from others guessing illegal stimulant type drug use. He is able to get a big job done because of unnatural energy but is sloppy about a lot of the details etc. Quick temper and that look in his eyes.
I don’t think he has ADHD. Possibly bipolar with the anger, definitely narcissistic antisocial personality disorders.

It's been such a dry week I am hoping we will hear something. Wondering what everyone thinks. Will they let her off the hook with no GPS? I don't see that happening but I always get it wrong!

ITA...However, was thinking about the upcoming pre-trial hearings. I need to clarify a few details to be sure I understand the procedure and purpose of these. Let me know what I may have wrong, please.
  • The purpose of the hearing is to weigh the merits of the case and if it will be held over for trial.
  • Additional evidence of the charges will be presented to the court. The defense has an opportunity to cross examine witnesses to the basic facts of the case. The defense will also be able to have witnesses to establish alibis etc.
  • LE was probably say that "the case is still in progress and under investigation and try to present as little evidence as necessary.
  • The defense lawyers will rant and rave stating they did not get the evidence in time to do their own investigation. Furthermore, the defense attorney may try to claim that LE zeroed in on their clients without doing a broader investigation.
  • The judge will rule that the case will go to trial as the bar for moving forward is quite low.
Does this sound about right?

P.S. I think we'll find out if MT has shared valuable information through the court's treatment of her freedom.

For those not local, here is a map of the Bridgeport, Ct/Port Jefferson ferry route:
New Ferry Service To Long Island
New Canaan is less than a half hour west of Bridgeport.

Coney Island is above the Highlands tag in red, east of the ferry icon.

Not implying that JD was transported via ferry. Just following up on news that body parts were found on Coney Island, so we can all think about the possibilities, given our water-abundant locale.

You can take cars on the ferries, and nobody checks the contents. The Bridgeport/Fort Jeff ferry has armed security (we're talking assault-style rifles) on the B'port side, and on my last trip over in May there was a dog. But I'm sure the pooch was trained to detect weapons or drugs - not cadavers. They patrol the dock, rather than searching vehicles on the boat.

Last edited:
Hi @Jmoose - You can frequently get a car reservation on the Bridgeport/Port Jeff ferry the day before or day of. Depends on the timing. I wasn't necessarily speaking solely to BI as a disposal destination. Just throwing ideas out there with news of the Coney Island body parts discovery casting some thoughts outside the rivers and woods.
You can take a car on the Block Island ferry, but a reservation that includes a car needs several months advance notice, and I imagine the others do, too. FD would have had to know when a reservation was obtained, and would have needed to kill JD before that, definitely making this premeditated, if the plan was to have an associate remove her to BI in his car.

Just a small correction here, FD voluntarily surrendered his gun to the police department, the court did not require that of him. They called him to get it back some time later, and he never did, probably because he did not have a permit for it. Apparently the gun is still in the possession of the police department.

Not to distract from the fact that he had the gun, purchased it in FL and brought it to CT without a permit, and cornered JD violently when she expressed her concern about it. One of the biggest risk factors for narcissistic husbands who kill their wives is whether they own a gun or not. It's one of the first questions DV advocates ask women who are trying to leave narcissistic husbands.

It takes quite a while to get a permit in Connecticut and it is illegal for him to have the gun without one. After you take a day long permit course, you have to go to the police station and submit the forms with a fee. I believe the turnaround time is about 120 days.

A nanny?
If it’s the young lady I saw, I noted that she was wearing a strap tee top and thinking ‘not what I would have thought to be the “dress code” in that area.’
Next thought was: “she’s very young to be married to someone who has already made it into this circle. How’d she do that?” McMansions and all.
Even a young trophy wife would have been dressed differently, IMHO.
I assumed she lived with her parents there.

ITA @Curious in CT

IMO it’s also particularly hypocritical and audacious of Mr. Last Two Decades Plus of Four Mornings A Week On The Couch NP, a person who claims to use his professional career as a type of self-therapy to work through the ghosts of abusers past, to not only leak to the press alleged parts of the confidential report by summarizing/mischaracterizing/paraphrasing it and just generally throwing shade since day one at JD’s mental health.

The fact is JD’s fear and anxiety was not delusion, paranoia, “hysterics,” melodrama, overaction, or the result of a “florid” imagination or sick revenge fantasy or even in any way abnormal.

Her fear, anxiety, and lord knows what all else (likely PTSD), seems entirely rational, accurate, appropriate, and significant given the dangerous and dire situation she and her family were (are) in with reference to the threat posed by FD.

It’s also possible (if not likely IMO) that FD made numerous prior attempts to humiliate, undermine, gaslight, and depress her and that it’s even documented several attempts he made to try to terrorize her and make her fear for her life and the lives of her children. He almost ran her over, my guess is at some point he may have tried to poison her (not much talk lately about that $14K lab bill; maybe it occurred to NP that might not be good news for FD). I wonder if JD ever got fallen down a staircase or fell asleep in her not separate bathtub?
The horribly sad thing is that all her “anxieties” or “hysterics” have been confirmed and legitimized through her death at the hands of this homicidal narcissistic psychopath. Yet the accusations continue...
Let’s hope there’s more redeeming value here and that this case reminds us to better educate our children about dangerous people. To learn who to really stay away from. Before they start dating, and when they’re old enough to start understanding, girls should be introduced to the idea that there are truly bad men with things like narcissism, personality disorders, and psychopathic traits.
We should be teaching girls to learn to listen to their instincts and pay attention to the classic red flags. Charm is deceitful. IMO

It takes quite a while to get a permit in Connecticut and it is illegal for him to have the gun without one. After you take a day long permit course, you have to go to the police station and submit the forms with a fee. I believe the turnaround time is about 120 days.
This was prior to the divorce and JD leaving so over 2 years ago.

I wish GF could question MT with only LE present and none of MT’s family or friends next to her. I bet she could get a lot of answers.

Re ADHD symptoms- I agree with you and or with earlier posts from others guessing illegal stimulant type drug use. He is able to get a big job done because of unnatural energy but is sloppy about a lot of the details etc. Quick temper and that look in his eyes.
I've run into crazy, angry people who drink those Monster drinks!

Now here in NY if you had possession of that gun with no permit you could be looking at some serious jail time...just surprised He did not get in trouble for that...we actually have to apply for the permit and it takes about 6 mths and background checks etc....My father many years back was the commanding officer for the pistol permit section in Suffolk County...very strict gun laws here

Seven weeks since Jennifer Dulos was last seen, police continue searching

NEW CANAAN -- Police are still searching for Jennifer Dulos, who was last seen on Friday, May 24, marking seven weeks since her disappearance.

On that day, Jennifer was last seen dropping her five children off at New Canaan Country School. Later that day, her car was found abandoned at Waveny Park, where, now, a missing person sign with her photo on it greets people as they drive in.

Its not racist
Language evolves. Certain terms become outdated and loaded and tainted, while others emerge. I prefer to call a group of people by terms they endorse, not ones they as a whole find offensive. Why would I want to use a potentially offensive word to describe someone? Our empathy for Jennifer suggests we have empathy for everyone, so it is important imo. Here is a super easy read hitting the main points I think:
Reality star Dorothy Wang: Don't call me oriental
This is my last off-topic post and I hope the whole thread about this point gets deleted as it really has nothing to do with all of our concern and desperation to see justice for Jennifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77