Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see him riding an ATV with 2 dead bodies along for the ride. Especially in that terrain. I can see him going up hill and woopsie, dead body fell out. I imagine he probably had a 4 wheel rig with a bed.

Doesn't matter now how he got them there. I was only curious about the gate because the area was searched before and if the gate had been closed, SAR might not have gone there, thinking the general public would also be confronted by the gate. I know that often, regular permitted users get keys to gates. I've been issued them before. Did he have a key to a gate and was the bodies behind that gate? Again, this doesn't really matter. We have the bodies now.

Hunters routinely use ATVs to haul out Elk that weigh a lot more than KF and WF.

My point is that with an ATV, the gates do not matter.
Also more covert.

Has it occurred to anyone that there might be some connection between MW and the two women's feet that were found in the Yamhill river last year? May be the Big Bad Wolfe is a serial killer who preys in women and children, then dumps their bodies near Turner Creek?

Has it occurred to anyone that there might be some connection between MW and the two women's feet that were found in the Yamhill river last year? May be the Big Bad Wolfe is a serial killer who preys in women and children, then dumps their bodies near Turner Creek?

unless he had a child with her and was about to pay child support I don't see the connection. MW was motivated by money and greed in this case. MOO

Hunters routinely use ATVs to haul out Elk that weigh a lot more than KF and WF.

My point is that with an ATV, the gates do not matter.
Also more covert.

Of course, you are right. Ropes and tarps and it won't look like a dead body ready to flop off on bumpy terrain.

I do think that him being a fire dept. Medic is going to play a bigger part in the trial than it has so far in the news.

unless he had a child with her and was about to pay child support I don't see the connection. MW was motivated by money and greed in this case. MOO

There is the obvious greed component to MW's motivation. However; cell phone ping logs reveal that MW lingered at or near the Fretwell apartment for hours before leaving. Why? What did he do during that time? The fact that LE charged him with abduction rather than presume that he invited them for a midnight ride in the country suggests that there was physical evidence of very bad things happening to the victims during that time.

My impression of MW is that he is not merely a middle aged man that had an affair with a woman less than half his age. I suspect that he is a sexual predator. If so, then he would have been involved with multiple woman. Once KF cut him off, he would seek someone else. He might have gotten her pregnant to. (Falsely claiming a vasectomy so the victim will not insist on precautions. It is a shame that his sperm didn't get their little butts kicked by someone else's, LOL). If MW had been paying off KF to not seek child support then having a second girlfriend get pregnant would have provoked panic. It is easy to imagine him killing this second woman to avoid the entire child support issue before their was a legal trail to connect him to her.

This is all just speculation but Yamhill County does have to deal with those two feet that were found floating in the river.

Of course, you are right. Ropes and tarps and it won't look like a dead body ready to flop off on bumpy terrain.

I do think that him being a fire dept. Medic is going to play a bigger part in the trial than it has so far in the news.

I keep thinking that he drugged them to make it easier to abduct them.

Also, if MW was involved with the recovering the body of Meghan Cordie or was at least aware of insider information, he might have gotten the idea that ejecting a living but sedated person from a moving vehicle would be the perfect murder. Impacting a solid object at 60 mph is equivalent to hitting the ground after being thrown from a 100 foot tall cliff. However; enough friction with the pavement or missing the object might make it survivable. If one or more of the victims survived the trauma, he might then have killed them with a gun. MW would then have to think of a new plan to dispose of the bodies.

Interesting thought on asphalt poisoning. Let me chew on that while.

I am beginning to consider what he was thinking when he went over there. Maybe something along the lines of, "If I'm going to pay a thousand bucks a month for them, she's gonna have to put out or something." Plus maybe he did want some visitation...a part in his kids life other than just income. I dunno.

Also, your question about him being in Salem for hours. She might have still been at work. Security often have night shifts.

Interesting thought on asphalt poisoning. Let me chew on that while.

I am beginning to consider what he was thinking when he went over there. Maybe something along the lines of, "If I'm going to pay a thousand bucks a month for them, she's gonna have to put out or something." Plus maybe he did want some visitation...a part in his kids life other than just income. I dunno.

Also, your question about him being in Salem for hours. She might have still been at work. Security often have night shifts.

The babysitter dropped Billy off with Karissa at 4pm if I remember right. When she got home from work. She was the last one to see them that day.

I think MW pinged in Salem after 9pm. Likely getting there past bedtime. Maybe he was waiting for them both to be asleep.

I just heard that Yamhill Count District Attorney said last Wednesday that there is no time line on when Billy's cause of death will be released.

Asphault poisening?
Karissa survived but William did not?
MW had to kill a severely injured Karissa by shooting her in the head then load them back up in his vehicle to haul them somewhere else to dump the bodies?
The moron didn't undetstand that because he had abducted them, it would be felony murder even if they had voluntarily exited his moving vehicle in an attempt to escape rather than being forcibly ejected or coerced?

The above is just one, perhaps improbable possibility. However; it would explain why MW didn't leave his cell phone at Cascade Steel.

I suspect that the DA is playing his cards close to his chest. His inability to find evidence to prosecute the Meghan Cordie death as a serious crime seems to have angerred him. The DA and even the judges of Yamhill County (except may be Judge Wiles) were also not happy about a corrupt defense attorney misrepresenting a marijunna bootlegger as a "gun expert" to provide perjured testimony to invoke the Elmer Fudd defense. I understand that the prosecutors and the judges are getting some firearms training so that they have some basic knowledge. (Judge Wiles can not invoke ignorance as an excuse. Amanda Marshall published a guest editorial in the Oregonian back in 2013 explaing that she and her family were "responsible gun owners" who favored "reasonable gun control". She mentioned that her youngest son had recently taken Oregon's Hunters Safety Course so he could go hunting with his father. (Judge Wiles should demand DNA testing to confirm paternity.) If Judge Wiles had been mentoring his putative son, he would have been aware of the chart of maximum projectile ranges of various shotgun loads.)

I suspect that the DA and some Judges of Yamhill County were angerred enough about the marijunna bootlegger getting away with shooting at children that they encouraged Representative Ron Noble to introduce HB 3200 at the recent legislative. HB 3200 requires the OLCC and OMMP to obtain the permission of the landlord before issuing grow site permits to marijuana growers who are tenants rather than property owners. OLCC already had such a policy but the OMMP has made it their mission to enable marijunna bootleggers to operate with impunity. HB-3200 was passed unanimously by the Oregon House of Representatives and passed 28 verses 2 absent in the Oregon Senate. Governor Brown signed it without comment. HB-3200 effectively puts the OMMP as well as marijunna bootleggers out of business because no landlord will allow a tenant to grow marijunna (except maybe a small amount for personal use) in a rental house. Since very few OMMP licensed growers have the capital to own a property, very few will be continuing to operate. Since landlords wil. Now have standing to assert crediably that a grow on their property was unlicensed, the corrupt OMMP administrators will no longer be able to provide legal camoflage for bootleggers either by refusing to release records in defiance of a court subpoena or by issuing after the fact grow site permits.

Last edited:
Snipped
Agree, I had thought that’s likely from the beginning since it was reported her glasses were left behind and she needed them to see. MOO

It suddenly makes my above scenario more plausible. If MW had sedated Karissa and William prior to abducting them, it would have made it easier for him to discretely get them out to his vehicle. I read somewhere that MW has a pickup. If he put them in the back of the pickup they would not have been visible to people in other vehicles. Once in the Hopewell area, he could stop to unlatch the tailgate, maybe with a rope to hold it, then drive crazy until they slid out of the pickup bed to hit the pavement at 60 mph. What MW didn't understand is that it was the impact with the guardrail pillar not the skid on the pavement that killed Meghan Cordie.

Has anyone of us updated PommyMommy's timeline of known facts yet? I think we might be getting sidetracked with the Marajuana bust and the Cordie case.

We know police searched long and hard in Hopewell and at Wolfe's place and we know the bodies were found in a location Wolfe was familiar with.

Has anyone of us updated PommyMommy's timeline of known facts yet? I think we might be getting sidetracked with the Marajuana bust and the Cordie case.

We know police searched long and hard in Hopewell and at Wolfe's place and we know the bodies were found in a location Wolfe was familiar with.

Agreed on the digression.
I am not the methodical person who should update a timeline.

The facts that seem salient to me is that the police exhaustively searched the Hopewell area and the DA was able to get indictment s for murder before they found Karissa and William. My speculation is that the police found physical evidence of injuries that would not be survivable at Hopewell, in MW's pickup or home.

I'm hoping to update the timeline in the next couple of days. I don't think marijuana bootleggers, drugs, the feet that were found, or the circumstances of Meghan Cordie's case are in any way related to Karissa and Billy's murders. MOO

No : 244907"]the DA was able to get bindictment s for murder before they found Karissa and William. My speculation is that the police found physical evidence of injuries that would not be survivable at Hopewell, in MW's pickup or home.[/QUOTE]
Snipped
I could end up being wrong but I think a big part of the evidence might be the text sent from KF’s cell phone. LE hasn’t released what it was or who it was sent to and in my unexpert opinion the DA reacted really strongly to being asked what the text was and answered the he “didn’t want to get into that.”
I wonder if it was something truly horrible like a picture, or a message to someone about what happened that MW wouldn’t want to send from his phone but maybe didn’t think they’d be able to recover the data from her phone. All completely MOO

I'm hoping to update the timeline in the next couple of days. I don't think marijuana bootleggers, drugs, the feet that were found, or the circumstances of Meghan Cordie's case are in any way related to Karissa and Billy's murders. MOO

I should certainly give these tangential issues a break.

The only exception might be the two feet found floating in the river. Given what is known about the Fretwell murders and how their bodies were dumped in the woods, MW seems to have characteristics of a serial killer as well as perpetrator of domestic violence. We do not know who those feet belonged to or even if the person is dead (somewhere a woman is running around with no feet?), but it seems likely to have been a homicide. The idea that some woman was murdered and never even identified offends me even more than the idea that the possible murderer has not been identified.

I did a quick search and found no indication of a WebSleuths thread addressing this case. Given the high probability that the feet are the remains of a homicide victim, it is a case that should not be ignored.

Exploring the possibility that MW might have committed a prior murder might enable identifying that person that the feet came from, establishing the cause of death and maybe identifying the perpetrator. If I was a Yamhill County detective, I would check MW's calls and text messages at or around the time that the ME estimates those two feet were dumped in the river. Any person that there were calls or texts to that MW ceased communicating with should be identified if possible.

It seems like a longshot, but murders are an aberration.

Last edited:
No : 244907"]the DA was able to get bindictment s for murder before they found Karissa and William. My speculation is that the police found physical evidence of injuries that would not be survivable at Hopewell, in MW's pickup or home.
Snipped
I could end up being wrong but I think a big part of the evidence might be the text sent from KF’s cell phone. LE hasn’t released what it was or who it was sent to and in my unexpert opinion the DA reacted really strongly to being asked what the text was and answered the he “didn’t want to get into that.”
I wonder if it was something truly horrible like a picture, or a message to someone about what happened that MW wouldn’t want to send from his phone but maybe didn’t think they’d be able to recover the data from her phone. All completely MOO[/QUOTE]
I’m obviously terrible at using the quote function from my phone. Apologies for the messy posts!

Yamhill said:
I did a quick search and found no indication of a WebSleuths thread addressing this case. Given the high probability that the feet are the remains of a homicide victim, it is a case that should not be ignored.

You are most welcome to start a thread here. If and when you do - please post a link on this thread. :)

You are most welcome to start a thread here. If and when you do - please post a link on this thread. :)

Thanks.
Given the paucity of information, I don't see any need to start such a thread at this time.

At the risk of being gratuitously morbid, I would suggest that people consider the magnitude of the bleeding that resulted from Karissa suffering a gunshot wound to the head. The bleeding can continue for a very long time after death.. Hunters such as myself and MW understand this.. Other fluids are released to. If there was suffecient evidence at Hopewell to convince LE and the DA that she and William had been killed there and dumped there, there would have been a lot of blood in or in any vehicle that MW transported their bodies in. The same applies to MW's home and the parking lot at Cascade Steel. Is there any information released on vehicles that have been impounded as evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member