Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

This would have been a kinship placement not a foster care placement so there aren't the same rules about bedrooms and beds. Standards are different because it's typically an emergency placement so lots of the usual things like home studies, background checks, # of children in the home ect. are waived. If the child stays there eventually these things will get done so the placement can be permanent. But kinship placements don't get money from the state like foster parents do or depending on the state some kinship placements do get paid but typically only about 1/3rd the rate a foster home would. This is the main reason when I worked in foster care that it was really pushed hard to find a kinship placement for children first because it's better for the states budget. In theory it should be better for the child as well because they are being placed with someone they already know but that's definitely not always the case.
According to this article background checks should have been done. Questions is if the aunt misrepresented. If she did she could face charges.
Questions Remain in Death of Missing Dallas Toddler

When will this end? I’m so tired of seeing children being murdered, left in cars, and tortured! They don’t deserve any of this! The man arrested had plenty questionable charges over the years that should’ve kept the aunt from getting any kind of custody. Now...if she didn’t tell cps he was staying in the home, why didn’t other family/friends step up and and say there was another person there and around the kids? My heart just hurts so much from this. Hopefully my post is within terms...

According to this article background checks should have been done. Questions is if the aunt misrepresented. If she did she could face charges.

JMOO, I don't think the Aunts living arrangement would have been approved had they known the BF and his kids were living there. There are guidelines on the number of children per bedroom.

JMOO, I don't think the Aunts living arrangement would have been approved had they known the BF and his kids were living there. There are guidelines on the number of children per bedroom.
Which raises another question...why are his children from prior relationship still in his custody in the first place? One of those is the 4mo. He left alone and yet she still resides with him?

That applies only to children actually in foster care. So, it only applies to Cedric. However, he is supposed to have a bed and adequate space and he would not have been allowed to share a room with any of the other children, since they are older than 5. There was still not proper space for him there.

When will this end? I’m so tired of seeing children being murdered, left in cars, and tortured! They don’t deserve any of this! The man arrested had plenty questionable charges over the years that should’ve kept the aunt from getting any kind of custody. Now...if she didn’t tell cps he was staying in the home, why didn’t other family/friends step up and and say there was another person there and around the kids? My heart just hurts so much from this. Hopefully my post is within terms...

Hey! Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for joining us!

“I was just unable to completely care for him at the moment, but they were”

Missing 18-month-old Dallas boy's body found at landfill - KDFW
Cedric's mom had to have been aware that SJ was living in the home. So she thought her sister and he were able to "completely care" for him? I'd love to know her reasoning. SMDH.

Which raises another question...why are his children from prior relationship still in his custody in the first place? One of those is the 4mo. He left alone and yet she still resides with him?

From the link:
When asked if they knew Johnson was often at the residence where they placed the toddler, CPS said they don’t comment on specific cases.

A spokesperson did say that when they consider placing a child with a relative they do background checks on any adult living in the residence and that they would not place a child in a home where they know an adult is present with a serious criminal history. CPS would not offer specific comments about this case or say if they knew Johnson was living in the home or if he had undergone a background check.
[Judge Chris Oldner] said that means either there had to be some deception or misrepresentation about who was living in the home made by Cedric's aunt. Otherwise he said it would mean CPS dropped the ball, which he believes is unlikely.
What kind of background check does CPS perform? And if I read this correctly, they ask if anyone else is living in the home - what good does that do since it's likely people will lie if a boyfriend with a sketchy past is in the home? In this case the aunt knew and probably the mother and probably many other relatives knew but no one asked any of them - or even neighbors - had known about or seen other people apparently living in the home.

So I guess if I applied for a job at CPS they'd ask me if I have a criminal record and I could just lie?

Cedric's mom had to have been aware that SJ was living in the home. So she thought her sister and he were able to "completely care" for him? I'd love to know her reasoning. SMDH.

From the link:

What kind of background check does CPS perform? And if I read this correctly, they ask if anyone else is living in the home - what good does that do since it's likely people will lie if a boyfriend with a sketchy past is in the home? In this case the aunt knew and probably the mother and probably many other relatives knew but no one asked any of them - or even neighbors - had known about or seen other people apparently living in the home.

So I guess if I applied for a job at CPS they'd ask me if I have a criminal record and I could just lie?

Criminal background check, abuse/neglect check. Out of state checks, if they've lived out of state in the past 5 years. (It might be 3 years, I don't remember the exact number.) That's what should have been done on him and her...and checks done on frequent visitors over 14, as well.

Perplexed by the fact she thinks his dad would but he wouldn’t

My FIL would abuse a child but my husband would not. It could be as simple as she knows the Sr. has a history. Not that I trust her judgment at all.

“I was just unable to completely care for him at the moment, but they were”

Missing 18-month-old Dallas boy's body found at landfill - KDFW

But they weren't. I question how much Mom knew about the situation. I wonder if Mom felt this was the only way to keep her child while she got herself on track. IF Mom truly surrendered her son because she felt they could care for him better... this is even worse.

Exactly!!! I am furious that no murder charges have been filed and that AUNT hasn't been charged!! Very angry!! Get it together, Dallas, FGS!! :mad:

Exactly!!! I am furious that no murder charges have been filed and that AUNT hasn't been charged!! Very angry!! Get it together, Dallas, FGS!! :mad:

JMO, not sure we'll see murder charges...maybe. Child neglect for sure, I would think. This swaddling, as they call it, is pure outright restraint. Auntie knew the child was being restrained.

Sherin Mathews adoptive Mom got off with no charges in Sherin's death or abuse prior to her death so it doesn't surprise me at all that the Aunt hasn't been charged. If the Aunt does get charged I'm sure she'll either take a plea to testify against him or claim abused woman. Seems to happen over and over.

That's nothing. Just this month we've found out a mom who tried to drown her baby, got custody of him back. Big surprise she killed him and his brother several years later.

"Just" leaving baby home alone is nothing compared to these other parents who still have their kids. Brain injuries, burns, broken bones even attempted murder... send them right on back to the same "family."

Last edited:
This is a different complex and address.They (Aunt) lived at Twin Creek 9747.
This must be next door or across where mom lived.The Aunt stated in the interview the mother lived in the complex across the street.
Twin Creek does not have 3 bedrooms.
Sorry for the mistake. I did get that complex off an article discussing the neighbors searching but can’t seem to find it now. Thanks for clarifying.

I can actually speak on CPS dropping the ball on cases like this. My cousin's 3 children , one girl 12 two boys 9 and 10, were removed from her home. After a story that was made up with one of their aunts. Anyway, these Children were places in the aunts home. This home already had two teenagers, boy 15 girl 13, the aunt and uncle also the grandmother. They lives in an old falling apart 3 bedroom one bath( that didn't have a sink in it)! The teenagers already shared a room and there is no door on it. CPS placed these three children in this home for almost 2 years! The two girls And two younger boys all slept in the same room. While the older boy slept on the floor of the living room. I was irate when I found this out. We had more then enough room for the kids and they would have had their own rooms. My cousin and her husband even asked for the kids to come to us but were told 'the foster family, her sister, doesn't believe it would be in the best interest of the kids. Come to find out they received over $1000 a month plus food stamps. Then the sister made an additional claim that the kids suffered from PTSD and began receiving even more for them. I told the case worker we would be happy to take them without financial assistance. I will say in the two years that those kids were in that house their parents had to buy them school clothes winter coats normal stuff that you buy children because they need it. It's still my belief that that money was not being spent on those kids it was actually being put away and Save because the last 2 months the children were in that home they all of a sudden we're able to buy a brand new 5 bedroom home. In my opinion CPS here in Texas is just a big joke like everywhere else

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back