UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting insight from the rarely quoted sister in 2010:

Claudia’s sister, Ali Sims, a law graduate said: ‘‘I really took offence when people have said she was the type of woman who would purposefully hunt a married man and wreak relationships because [I know]she has been taken advantage of by so many men and walked over by men.

Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre in defence of missing chef's battered reputation

Janet Street Porter and an Irish journalist have also written of the biased nature of reporting on Claudia's private life. I think it's very hard for us to know anything really! Think I'm going to trust the police will eventually get the vital info./evidence they need...that golden nugget to crack the case. So untill then, I'm just going to wait!

Interesting insight from the rarely quoted sister in 2010:

Claudia’s sister, Ali Sims, a law graduate said: ‘‘I really took offence when people have said she was the type of woman who would purposefully hunt a married man and wreak relationships because [I know]she has been taken advantage of by so many men and walked over by men.

Claudia Lawrence: Donal MacIntyre in defence of missing chef's battered reputation
Yes and I found MacIntyre's other comment very interesting:
"The force would also give no explanation as to why a full inventory of the contents of Claudia’s house was only conducted in the last three weeks. Is this a major omission? An error ? Or is there some significant evidential reason for the recent audit of the missing woman’s belongings. The force is not saying."

NB.
Comment made a year after Claudia went missing.

And so what was missing and who other than Claudia could possibly know?

Last edited:
Claudias house has a built on extension at rear. It can be seen from the air that there is a skylight leading into this extension. Was there a possibility that someone gained access to her house via the skylight and could she have been moved out of this skylight across the other rooftop extensions to Nags Head Car Park?

In one of press reports, forensic staff can be seen on this roof.

Claudias house has a built on extension at rear. It can be seen from the air that there is a skylight leading into this extension. Was there a possibility that someone gained access to her house via the skylight and could she have been moved out of this skylight across the other rooftop extensions to Nags Head Car Park?

In one of press reports, forensic staff can be seen on this roof.
rbbm.
This is exactly what i have been wondering ...
imo, speculation

Yes and I found MacIntyre's other comment very interesting:
"The force would also give no explanation as to why a full inventory of the contents of Claudia’s house was only conducted in the last three weeks. Is this a major omission? An error ? Or is there some significant evidential reason for the recent audit of the missing woman’s belongings. The force is not saying."

NB.
Comment made a year after Claudia went missing.

And so what was missing and who other than Claudia could possibly know?
I recall her mother being very upset at the initial police response and said something to the effect that she hadn't been consulted by NYP and yet it was her daughter and she wasn't listened to.

I have been trawling through #1 websleuths thread and there is much discussion regarding Claudia and the hair dye.

It was suggested that as she had only just had her hair dyed at a salon why was she doing it again so soon.

I have a theory:

She had been hiding someone
(Male at the door earlier in the week who was distressed)

She returned home on her last afternoon and went out and returned within 5 minutes.
Did she go to hair salon across the road?-she wasn't seen on cctv and there is non in this area
Did she get some hair dye and then did she dye the Male persons hair to help disguise him?

Probably too late as that night they were confronted by 2 or 3 Perps.
The target for the Perps was the guy but she had to go also????

I do believe that he was undercover and investigating either seedy financial affairs if the Nags group or BNP activity.

This may sound far fetched but would also explain the NYP earlier botched enquiry.
It's clear themat she wasn't dying Suzies hair and if she was dying Jens then Jens claim that she hadn't seen Claudia for a few days doesn't stand

Last edited:
I recall her mother being very upset at the initial police response and said something to the effect that she hadn't been consulted by NYP and yet it was her daughter and she wasn't listened to.
Upset she was also, that the police did search for her daughter with a pic, which showed Claudia with a wrong hair color ....

Thats v interesting where does the mortgage fraud link (not literally!) come in?
I've just finished reading "Talking with Psychopaths + Savages" by C Berry Dee. John Cannan claims that Suzy Lamplugh probably vanished into thin air after she discovered a mortgage fraud scheme organised by a group of gangsters. Claudia vanished into thin air also and may have discovered a similar type of fraud and had to be killed the same way by local criminals. Mortgage fraud escalated between 2006 - 2008 around Manchester, Leeds and other northern cities (York)

Huge increase in mortgage fraud, report police

I've just finished reading "Talking with Psychopaths + Savages" by C Berry Dee. John Cannan claims that Suzy Lamplugh probably vanished into thin air after she discovered a mortgage fraud scheme organised by a group of gangsters. Claudia vanished into thin air also and may have discovered a similar type of fraud and had to be killed the same way by local criminals. Mortgage fraud escalated between 2006 - 2008 around Manchester, Leeds and other northern cities (York)

Huge increase in mortgage fraud, report police
Yes and a certain searches property in Heworth Place was purchased by 2 people later in 2009. One a POI. The purchase wasn't just a straightforward Joint Mortgage Husband and wife deal allegedly?
Does anyone know who the second person was who has a stake in this property?

It may well not be fraudulent but would be interesting to see who the owners are?

Last edited:
Yes and a certain searches property in Heworth Place was purchased by 2 people later in 2009. One a POI. The purchase wasn't just a straightforward Joint Mortgage Husband and wife deal allegedly?
Does anyone know who the second person was who has a stake in this property?

It may well not be fraudulent but would be interesting to see who the owners are?
My focus was on the rogues gallery

I have been looking at the last known hours of Claudia here. This focuses on Phone traffic and reveals some new information that has not been spoken about on this thread but on Thread #1 about further texts from Steve Sammons (Ex Nags) and reported on by press:

Text messages and calls that evening

Steve Sammons revealed Claudia sent him three texts on March 18, the day before she vanished. He had sent her a text at 9.12 pm on March 18, but police do not know if she opened it or not as her mobile phone has never been found-See press article:

Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals

First Text

18:08

The first text from Claudia to Steve was on March 18 at 6.08 pm and it said:

”How ru nug? (short for nugget) making the most of your spare timex”

Second Text

18:25

The next was at 6.25 and said:”OK,ta. Weather v nice, have looked for a hol there, so expensive, mite have to be September time unless I can get a cheap last minute, bloody kids holx.”

Third Text

18:42

The last was at 6.42 pm. Claudia texted:”Even flights are expensive, there’s cheap hols to other places, just Cyprus expensive! Typical. I’ll keep looking and let you knowX”

18:15

Sunset

18:42 until 20:10-No phone traffic

19:15

Dark person and Light person seen.

Light person walks along Heworth Road.

Dark person goes out of sight in Heworth Place for 68 seconds.

Returns and proceeds to walk along Heworth Road but is not reported as picked up on another Camera.

Dark person appears to have a back pack when entering and exiting Heworth Place.

Phone Traffic recommences at 20:10

20:10

CL Call with her Father, followed by a call with her Mother and whilst she had TV on in background and her Mother quotes that they were watching the same programme during call.

CL could have been at home or in someone else's house??

********************Last Confirmed Possible Signal Of Life ***************

20:23

Outgoing text from CL to her friend Jen King saying:

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"

No one can be sure that CL sent the text and it could have been sent by anyone trying to throw Jen off the scent.

Possibly whoever the Perp was?

21:12

Incoming text message from Male friend in Cyprus.Steve Sammons-Ex Nags barman. CL never replies.

Steve said:”The text I send at 9.12 was about her coming out sometime but I cannot remember the detail because the police have all my texts.”

Strange that he doesn’t recall the detail of this text but does all of the others???

Was he instructed not to reveal the content of this Text by NYP??

“She did not respond to it, which was unusual. Even if she had dosed off on the sofa and then woken up I would have expected her to text me back.”

Crucial Times

Claudia could have been abducted / Killed between the times of:

20:20 and 20:23

or Between

20:23 and 21:12 (If she did not send text to Jen King-But perp did)

A very short period of 49 minutes>>>>>

I have been looking at the last known hours of Claudia here. This focuses on Phone traffic and reveals some new information that has not been spoken about on this thread but on Thread #1 about further texts from Steve Sammons (Ex Nags) and reported on by press:

Text messages and calls that evening

Steve Sammons revealed Claudia sent him three texts on March 18, the day before she vanished. He had sent her a text at 9.12 pm on March 18, but police do not know if she opened it or not as her mobile phone has never been found-See press article:

Missing Claudia Lawrence did not come to Cyprus 4 years ago, insist pals

First Text

18:08

The first text from Claudia to Steve was on March 18 at 6.08 pm and it said:

”How ru nug? (short for nugget) making the most of your spare timex”

Second Text

18:25

The next was at 6.25 and said:”OK,ta. Weather v nice, have looked for a hol there, so expensive, mite have to be September time unless I can get a cheap last minute, bloody kids holx.”

Third Text

18:42

The last was at 6.42 pm. Claudia texted:”Even flights are expensive, there’s cheap hols to other places, just Cyprus expensive! Typical. I’ll keep looking and let you knowX”

18:15

Sunset

18:42 until 20:10-No phone traffic

19:15

Dark person and Light person seen.

Light person walks along Heworth Road.

Dark person goes out of sight in Heworth Place for 68 seconds.

Returns and proceeds to walk along Heworth Road but is not reported as picked up on another Camera.

Dark person appears to have a back pack when entering and exiting Heworth Place.

Phone Traffic recommences at 20:10

20:10

CL Call with her Father, followed by a call with her Mother and whilst she had TV on in background and her Mother quotes that they were watching the same programme during call.

CL could have been at home or in someone else's house??

********************Last Confirmed Possible Signal Of Life ***************

20:23

Outgoing text from CL to her friend Jen King saying:

"Bloody hell, I've got to do 12 days on the trot, early mornings too. No fun for me"

No one can be sure that CL sent the text and it could have been sent by anyone trying to throw Jen off the scent.

Possibly whoever the Perp was?

21:12

Incoming text message from Male friend in Cyprus.Steve Sammons-Ex Nags barman. CL never replies.

Steve said:”The text I send at 9.12 was about her coming out sometime but I cannot remember the detail because the police have all my texts.”

Strange that he doesn’t recall the detail of this text but does all of the others???

Was he instructed not to reveal the content of this Text by NYP??

“She did not respond to it, which was unusual. Even if she had dosed off on the sofa and then woken up I would have expected her to text me back.”

Crucial Times

Claudia could have been abducted / Killed between the times of:

20:20 and 20:23

or Between

20:23 and 21:12 (If she did not send text to Jen King-But perp did)

A very short period of 49 minutes>>>>>
Thanks for sharing the text wording, really good to have that. If it's precise, I find it odd that the text to JK did not end with a signature "x" which Claudia used for SS. Be interesting to know if this was normal, my guess is she used it for everyone. But in terms of the content, presumably it was correct about the 12 days on the trot. So if CL did not send that text, it was someone who knew a lot about her day to day life

Thanks for sharing the text wording, really good to have that. If it's precise, I find it odd that the text to JK did not end with a signature "x" which Claudia used for SS. Be interesting to know if this was normal, my guess is she used it for everyone. But in terms of the content, presumably it was correct about the 12 days on the trot.

So if CL did not send that text, it was someone who knew a lot about her day to day life
@HongKongPhooey Thats a really good spot about the "x" .
I'm sure that she would have used to text to Jen King-I wonder if Jen King noticed something about that particular text that was unusual. She is very outspoken and so Im sure she would have said that this was an "Out of character" text from Claudia????

Regarding the 12 days, as you say, someone who knew about her shift extension or someone she told about it.

Is it possible that the reason the phone was not turned off until 12:10 on19th is because it was used bu perps to send texts to others, perhaps to incriminate them or to get them to visit the scene?? Once they had done they turned it off to make it look like Claudia had turned it off rather than dump the phone??

Thanks for sharing the text wording, really good to have that. If it's precise, I find it odd that the text to JK did not end with a signature "x" which Claudia used for SS. Be interesting to know if this was normal, my guess is she used it for everyone. But in terms of the content, presumably it was correct about the 12 day on the trot. So if CL did not send that text, it was someone who knew a lot about her day to day life
The spelling is perfect and there are no abbreviations in the JK text

@HongKongPhooey Thats a really good spot about the "x" .
I'm sure that she would have used to text to Jen King-I wonder if Jen King noticed something about that particular text that was unusual. She is very outspoken and so Im sure she would have said that this was an "Out of character" text from Claudia????

Regarding the 12 days, as you say, someone who knew about her shift extension or someone she told about it.
@HongKongPhooey I just found this which now makes the Text sent by Claudia to Jen plausible as mother claims she rang Claudia at 20:30 to ask her about a Taxi firm:

Claudia Lawrence: Why were the police so desperate to trash my missing daughter's good name? | Daily Mail Online

This makes sense as Claudia had spoken already to her her Mum on her way home from work that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member