Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #44

Lingering questions/unknowns that I have. Any knowledge is appreciated.

1) What led/reason was there for the 2,000 person search NW of the Closs family home?

2) From near the beginning we were told that there was no DNA evidence yet during
sentencing it was stated by the DA that JP's DNA was on the spent shell casings?

3) Reference the black and red cars of initial interest; was the red car meant to be JP's
car the officers passed and misidentified? I read elsewhere that the driver of the black
car was identified.

I have thoughts on the above questions but am curious if anyone has information, ideas, or clarification.

TIA

Lingering questions/unknowns that I have. Any knowledge is appreciated.

1) What led/reason was there for the 2,000 person search NW of the Closs family home?

2) From near the beginning we were told that there was no DNA evidence yet during
sentencing it was stated by the DA that JP's DNA was on the spent shell casings?

3) Reference the black and red cars of initial interest; was the red car meant to be JP's
car the officers passed and misidentified? I read elsewhere that the driver of the black
car was identified.

I have thoughts on the above questions but am curious if anyone has information, ideas, or clarification.

TIA

1) I don't understand your question as written:... 2,000 person search NW of the Closs family home?

2) I believe the DNA LE had from the shell casing was unidentified, and/or submitted without a hit. JP's DNA was not yet entered in the system, and therefore LE could not identify the suspect until after he was apprehended.

3) Two vehicles (black and red) were captured on video camera footage as being near the Closs home. They were not mis-identified by LE, and investigators wanted to talk to the owners as possible witnesses.

JP alleged that LE passed him on the road after he abducted Jayme. We know that JP removed/replaced his license plate to avoid detection.

MOO

606859628_750x422.png

606859605_750x422.png

1) I don't understand your question as written:... 2,000 person search NW of the Closs family home?

2) I believe the DNA LE had from the shell casing was unidentified, and/or submitted without a hit. JP's DNA was not yet entered in the system, and therefore LE could not identify the suspect until after he was apprehended.

3) Two vehicles (black and red) were captured on video camera footage as being near the Closs home. They were not mis-identified by LE, and investigators wanted to talk to the owners as possible witnesses.

JP alleged that LE passed him on the road after he abducted Jayme. We know that JP removed/replaced his license plate to avoid detection.

MOO

606859628_750x422.png

606859605_750x422.png
1. October 2018 at the request of LE, 2,000 people searched the fields and woods NW of the Closs home crime scene. There were no previous or following requests for that many individuals to search SW, NE, or SE of the home. Why NW? I'm excluding the smaller roadside and around the home area searches.

2. From the beginning LE stated they had no DNA, no finger prints, nor other possible identifying forensic perp information. At sentencing the DA disclosed that they had recovered DNA from the spent shell casings.

3. I've found my answer for why the crime vehicle information wasn't made available to the public. Deputies Passed a Single Car en Route to Closs Home - finance - att.net An article I missed that satisfies my curiosity reference the vehicles.

It takes about 4 weeks- and has been about 4 weeks- for Dodge Correctional Facility to do medical & psych evaluations to determine where an inmate will be housed-. apparently reevaluated annually. Only 3% of inmates at DCF are lifers, so JP will prob be transferred. I hope somewhere highly unpleasant far away from his family. JC can’t enjoy time with her parents- so no reason for JP to have comfort from his.
Jake Patterson is at Dodge Correctional but could be moved to other prisons, even out of Wisconsin

What The Heck! I didn't know about this either.

Man, 33, who stole Jayme Closs' underwear after she was kidnapped is sentenced to probation | Daily Mail Online

28 June 2019
A man who broke into Jayme Closs’ home and stole her underwear two weeks after she was kidnapped and her parents were murdered was sentenced to two years of probation on Wednesday.
[...]
Police arrested him inside the Closs' Barron County home at 2:30 a.m. on October 27, 2018, hours before Jayme's parents James and Denise were buried.
[...]
As part of his sentence, Jaenke-Annis was also ordered to undergo a psychological assessment.

Good grief. Like JC & her family need a reminder of this freak right now. His probation should be that he has to wear his own underwear on his head everywhere he goes for an entire year. Skid marks out. :eek:
OMG! The visual. Where is the LOL button?!?! I laughed until I cried. Totally agree. Glad they caught this nut job and hope he is watched like a hawk going forward.

One possibly sad thing about leaving the house standing... Jayme having to see it if passing by.

It is not uncommon for people to have a huge emotional attachment to the house that they grew up in, even if there was no trauma whatsoever.

It is possible that the bank has controlling interest to make decisions. I wonder if the bank consulted the Closs family at all?

My first thought before seeing the photos was, “Why didn’t they demolish the house and just sell the land?”

After seeing the photos I could imagine someone liking the house and being OK living there. Some people could deal with it. Others could not.
It would be a waste IMO to demolish it. The house may still have a mortgage requiring settlement and it's sale hopefully yields a financial benefit for JC. Fingers crossed that the parents insurance had a death pay off clause.

My first thought before seeing the photos was, “Why didn’t they demolish the house and just sell the land?”

After seeing the photos I could imagine someone liking the house and being OK living there. Some people could deal with it. Others could not.
If I were considering purchasing, I’d have to place my focus on the triumph of good over evil. It is true a horrible crime led to the tragic deaths of two loving parents. But their awesome daughter, a product of that dedicated parenting, brought down a serial killer. That love and courage are still present in that house. So... yeah, I’d buy it. I’d lose the sliding glass door, install heavy doors, heavy locks, motion detector flood lights & video surveillance, but I’d buy it. And honestly, everyone should have those safety installations anyway. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back