Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have LE's ok to do this. In fact I would imagine that she has because of how protective they are about the integrity of the case. She would have had to put it by LE first IMO.
In my amateur opinion, too risky. She may say things that will serve the defense in the future. Communications to the public should be well orchestrated and approved by LE, not some well intended young woman’s live YouTube. Very bad idea.

Let’s hear from any criminal or defense attorneys please. Set me straight if I have this wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think as long as she is not going against LE’s advice, she should do whatever she feels is the right thing. If writing a book or doing a live YouTube helps her to grieve or bring awareness then by all means, she should. If she earns money from a book, good for her! Writing can be extremely therapeutic and healing and there is nothing wrong with earning money from it. My opinion only, others feel the opposite and that’s ok. Bottom line is she’s free to do what she feels is right as long as she’s not going against the counsel of LE. From everything I know about her, she would not go against LE.

The thing is there are so many youtubers doing blogs about this case already, including WS's approved Gray Hughes. So that isn't going to ruin or serve the case for the defence also? I don't think that's a good enough reason against Kelsie doing this. She has GH supporting her and must have LE support too IMO. The least we can do is discuss what she has said on here, to see what we make of it. Keep the case out there, keep it alive, hope for a break. Someone knows something.
MOO.

There would be no bail for a double murderer. Also, LE cannot just arrest someone without evidence/probable cause etc. DNA is taking 7 months to come back. If they knew who it was at the April PC, that would mean November at the earliest, before we hear anything. If we get to December and no news, then I will believe they have nothing except new tips coming in. MOO

DNA is taking 7 months? It certainly can take longer recover trace DNA from an object but are you saying it takes 7 months to run a POIs DNA against a known sample?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, I'm new here and there are A LOT of threads to read through. If Libby's father called her twice after he came to pick them up, do you think her phone was on mute? Was it still recording? If it rang and the killer was still with them, why didn't he take the phone or destroy it?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, I'm new here and there are A LOT of threads to read through. If Libby's father called her twice after he came to pick them up, do you think her phone was on mute? Was it still recording? If it rang and the killer was still with them, why didn't he take the phone or destroy it?
Or the killer was done and gone by the time of the phone calls. If the phone was recording, then it would most likely just flash an incoming call and not be ringing like normal if the phone was not in use.

The thing is there are so many youtubers doing blogs about this case already, including WS's approved Gray Hughes. So that isn't going to ruin or serve the case for the defence also? I don't think that's a good enough reason against Kelsie doing this. She has GH supporting her and must have LE support too IMO. The least we can do is discuss what she has said on here, to see what we make of it. Keep the case out there, keep it alive, hope for a break. Someone knows something.
MOO.
Are we allowed to talk about any of the you tube posts?

Or the killer was done and gone by the time of the phone calls. If the phone was recording, then it would most likely just flash an incoming call and not be ringing like normal if the phone was not in use.
I swear at one point there was a post with a link that had an LE officer saying the attack itself was not recorded. Anyone have it?

To clarify, there was NO rumour. The post has been acknowledged as being authentic by the family. What is not verified is that it has anything to do with the murders, which I don't believe it does. What is perplexing to me is the explanation given, that the the post referred to lyrics of a song, and this is what I find questionable, as no one, up until now has been able to link that posts "lyrics" to any rap song. That's were the problem lies in this discussion. People just need to accept that the post was real and it was therefore disturbing.
ed:gr

That is definitely not what I meant by "rumor." I thought I'd clarified several times that the post was real-the "rumor" being that the post meant the writers had something to do with the murders. I haven't seen anyone on here stating that the whole thing was made up. My past 5 posts have literally been explaining that the post really happened.

I kind of wondered if she had LE talking/messaging her while she was doing the broadcast, helping advise her with what to say/not say.
Not in my opinion. She was getting drawn into the messages going by. You could see the nervous confusion on her face. I personally watched and commented to her to stay on track and stop reading those comments.

I assume that search party in the water was looking for items of importance. We have no clue what he may have tried to or thought he may have destroyed.

If she was using the video function on her iPhone and the ringer was on the phone would ring like normal. The video would also stop.

I swear at one point there was a post with a link that had an LE officer saying the attack itself was not recorded. Anyone have it?

It was in the Renner interview of the sheriff. Google Virtually a detective and I think it’s one of the last episodes, so 9 or 10.

I’m not always sure what can be linked and I’ve had some things I’ve linked removed. I also can’t really find things in the media thread in any kind of timely manner. I can tell you where to find it though.

DNA turnaround time was discussed in this article from 2017: DNA evidence is top priority in Delphi murder investigation

Yes thanks, there’s a difference as your link refers to attempting to extract an adequate DNA sample from items collected as evidence.

Processing a DNA swab from a POI to determine if it matches any known DNA left at a crime scene isn’t usually nearly as time consuming.

“currently, most genetic tests take 24-72 hours” and..
Fast forensic test can match suspects DNA with crime samples in four hours - American Chemical Society

Saying that, we don’t know yet if LE was successful in collecting a known DNA sample of the suspect into evidence. If not, even though DNA was collected from the outdoor crime scene it may not be that of the perpetrator.

Last edited:
That is definitely not what I meant by "rumor." I thought I'd clarified several times that the post was real-the "rumor" being that the post meant the writers had something to do with the murders. I haven't seen anyone on here stating that the whole thing was made up. My past 5 posts have literally been explaining that the post really happened.
Sorry mtnlites if I didn't understand your post initially. I certainly do now and am in complete agreement. It remains a disturbing post in my mind and doesn't speak well for them. However, I don't think either poster is in anyway involved in the murder of the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288