Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #14 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Hartford Currant article I linked earlier. My thoughts in bold.

“When he introduced himself, that name just flew through my head. I didn’t — I — I didn’t make anything of it,” Dulos said, according to court transcripts.
Yes, I picked up the phone and called the number associated with Blank Rome law firm. I asked to be connected with Norman Heller. I left a message with Norman Heller. When Norman Heller returned my call he introduced himself and I must not have heard the name. ...right.:rolleyes:

Dulos said he told Norman Heller about his frustrations with his divorce case.

“That we’re just starting the discovery. That the case has gone backwards. That I was very disappointed with the pace of the case. I was disappointed by the — the — the behavior of Attorney Midler and his firm,” Dulos said. “That I thought they were basically taking advantage of my soon-to-be ex-wife and charging, charging, charging, and causing a lot of trouble for — for us as a family.”
Why do we keep stalling at the discovery phase. I have evaded turning over my financials over and over and now they are being requested again. I'm disappointed that Midler and his firm are bullying me this way, wanting me to provide records of my business and money matters. Furthermore, with all of these motions they are depriving my soon to be ex of so much money. Money that could be mine if you grant me spousal support. It's not fair
Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, attempted to get judge removed from his contentious divorce case

I am a licensed Clinical Social Worker and have degree in clinical psychology and am certainly qualified to diagnose as I have done this work over 15 years. I dont know FD however - disclaimer- from what we have learned so far I don’t think he has ADHD. Medication would help somewhat with that. Personality disorders - like narcissistic and antisocial- do not have a cure. They are inherent character flaws.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here about personality disorders being inherent character flaws. In my opinion, people don't have control over a personality disorder -- it's a mental health condition - whereas character is learned behavior. I'm also qualified to diagnose and treat these illnesses.

As a psych nurse with 30+ yrs experience, I strongly believe (MOO) that Personality Disorders can be managed and controlled (but not cured) with proper treatment.

Treatment, such as Behavioral Management and Psychotherapy can help with learning skills to manage and cope with a PO. And medication to treat the patient’s symptoms (such as anti-anxiety meds , anti-depressants etc).

MOO

Last edited:
One of the absolutely most stunning quotes from the Hartford Courant article, IMO, is the following:
"...That we even got to the point where my right to speak to my children in our native language has been taken away, and you have done nothing about it.”
This, more than anything else I've read, confirms that FD sees the children as "his," not a joint endeavor. These 5 children, born in the US, raised in the US, schooled in the US, have a different NATIVE language? The quote says so much about the speaker....

Link to the article:
Fotis Dulos, estranged husband of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos, attempted to get judge removed from his contentious divorce case

Last edited:
One of the absolutely most stunning quotes from the Hartford Courant article, IMO, is the following:
"...That we even got to the point where my right to speak to my children in our native language has been taken away, and you have done nothing about it.”
This, more than anything else I've read, confirms that FD sees the children as "his," not a joint endeavor. These 5 children, born in the US, raised in the US, schooled in the US, have a different NATIVE language? The quote says so much about the speaker....

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. You are right. It says so much!

I think they have to be. They were HIS old plates.
Yes, but that in part was what seemed so odd to me. Why use plates that can be traced back to yourself? There are so many old/unused plates floating around CT so it wouldn't be hard to find one that couldn't be traced back to you? This aspect of the alleged crime simply doesn't make sense to me. Truly wonder if its a red herring or if its simply arrogance and stupidity akin to the Albany trashbin odyssey? IDK

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you here about personality disorders being inherent character flaws. In my opinion, people don't have control over a personality disorder -- it's a mental health condition - whereas character is learned behavior. I'm also qualified to diagnose and treat these illnesses.
So you are arguing that what we are seeing in FD represent mental health issues and as such are uncontrollable if left untreated via therapy? Or, is therapy ineffective in these cases?

As a psych nurse for 30+ yrs experience, I strongly believe (MOO) that Personality Disorders can be managed and controlled (but not cured) with proper treatment.

Treatment, such as Behavioral Management and Psychotherapy can help with learning skills to manage and cope with a PO. And medication to treat the patient’s symptoms (such as anti-anxiety meds , anti-depressants etc).

MOO
100% agree with you. And some are more easily treated than others. I just didn't want people left with the impression that a p.d. is a "flaw" in character because it's not. Character & personality are related but not the same. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, but that in part was what seemed so odd to me. Why use plates that can be traced back to yourself? There are so many old/unused plates floating around CT so it wouldn't be hard to find one that couldn't be traced back to you? This aspect of the alleged crime simply doesn't make sense to me. Truly wonder if its a red herring or if its simply arrogance and stupidity akin to the Albany trashbin odyssey? IDK

So many baffling oddities about this case! I definitely don’t believe it, but it’s almost as though someone else murdered Jennifer and left evidence that point to FD as the culprit!

MOO

If I can think like FD for a minute- If I change the numbers and letters on the plate, they can't be traced back to me cause LE won't know the numbers and letters are fake- if cameras are at a distance
from plates- And if I put them down this drain, nobody will ever, ever, find them to trace them back to me. Nobody will find them.
that's his big, stupid mistake, thinking the plates would never be found.
What LE has to do is track the cameras/videos that have these faked
plates on them. Were they cameras on water company property?
Or on a toll road? Where were the cameras?

So many baffling oddities about this case! I definitely don’t believe it, but it’s almost as though someone else murdered Jennifer and left evidence that point to FD as the culprit!

MOO

Well, yes. Jennifer murdered Jennifer didn’t she? Sorry, disappeared her. According to FD/NP. So it could be a deliberate move as part of the ‘set-up’ set-up.

These plates and how they were used/misused drives me batty!

Did FD alter them and put them on the Raptor hoping to further point the finger at EE on 5/24 in NC?

Did he use them on EE red truck to help himself out as he did the deed and disposal?

Did he use them on the Raptor for his jaunt throughout the Albany Ave trash disposal?

What else could he have used them for?

So you are arguing that what we are seeing in FD represent mental health issues and as such are uncontrollable if left untreated via therapy? Or, is therapy ineffective in these cases?

None of us know what his mental health issues are or aren't because we haven't sat down with him & done a psych workup (which includes a physical exam as well as a psych evaluation). We can guess based on what we've read/seen but at the end of the day, we don't really know. He could have legit psych issues or he could just be a rotten human being. That being said, if he does have mental health issues and specifically a p.d., I'm saying that it's not something that he conciously chose (meaning had control over) --- it's something which stemmed from his developmental experiences, genetics etc. (and this is different than having a character flaw). And there's definitely treatment available for personality disorders but some are more successfully managed than others.

How about use of illegal stimulants such as cocaine - would that exacerbate the narcissistic personality disorder symptoms or cause a person to have ADHD like symptoms while under the influence if they are not ADHD ?

I would think he is too into his muscular body to do hard drugs. I would guess that he might be a heavy drinker and that's when he would let out his best verbal abuse. Check out the bar in his Jefferson home.

Attachments

• 8769bccb1bec8ff9949446d7ffbcc7a2l-m10xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
    8769bccb1bec8ff9949446d7ffbcc7a2l-m10xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 51
None of us know what his mental health issues are or aren't because we haven't sat down with him & done a psych workup (which includes a physical exam as well as a psych evaluation). We can guess based on what we've read/seen but at the end of the day, we don't really know. He could have legit psych issues or he could just be a rotten human being. That being said, if he does have mental health issues and specifically a p.d., I'm saying that it's not something that he conciously chose (meaning had control over) --- it's something which stemmed from his developmental experiences, genetics etc. (and this is different than having a character flaw). And there's definitely treatment available for personality disorders but some are more successfully managed than others.
Can I play devil's advocate here for a minute? I'm not a licensed
anything who has a legit reason to give this opinion, but I have been a wife and mother and daughter and worker bee in many
areas.
Let's for a minute take all the 'labels' out of the discussions.
Let's just say I am judging you on simply 'your behavior'
towards me or towards others.
If you act disrespectfully or bullyish or mean, or rotten or impolitely or arrogant or elitist or entitled or whatever towards me or others, I'm gonna hold YOU responsible for your behavior,
not your labels or diagnoses or possible mental health issue.
I'm gonna call you out on your behaviors towards me or others
because I believe YOU do have control over how you act and
treat others. If you need anger management classes so be it,
if you need to be more considerate of others I'm gonna tell you
that.
You do not get a pass for YOUR behavior and how YOU treat others. That is totally in your control. It's called Self-Control.
Your attitude in how you treat others is also your responsibility.
It's a cop out, IMO, to give someone a pass if they act like a
rotten arsehole towards others. Call the spade what it is.
I can't get past this mollycoddling rotten, spoiled, entitled,
bullying, mean, abusive people because of labels.
People like FD should have been knocked upside his head a few
times while growing up as a spoiled rotten kid. Then maybe he'd
stop and think before treating others the way he's gotten away
with for so long. Nobody stepped up and put him in his place.
This Man/Child had been wild and ill-mannered his whole life.
moo

These plates and how they were used/misused drives me batty!

Did FD alter them and put them on the Raptor hoping to further point the finger at EE on 5/24 in NC?

Did he use them on EE red truck to help himself out as he did the deed and disposal?

Did he use them on the Raptor for his jaunt throughout the Albany Ave trash disposal?

What else could he have used them for?
Did FD use the altered license plates on JD’s Suburban when he moved it to Waveny Park?

Where is the vehicle the plates originally came from and do we know if this particular vehicle has been searched?

Link to the article:

Much as the term "Oriental" now applies to rugs & not people, the term "native language" is also relegated to the past.

To those involved in ELL/English Language Learners, the language used within the family of origin is known as "home language." No more native, no more foreign as those are value-laden words with negative connotation. Home, positive connotation plus accurate descriptor.

As pointed out by other posters (youse guys,) the native language of Jennifer's children is Yankee English.

Piece of work, this guy. Book-ended with Side Piece -- although MT's court cooperation & silence helps a great deal IMHO!

JMHO YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members