GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

That was my thought as well. Even if they think this defence tactic would work, since it seems that they caused the head injury they can't use that to try to say that is what ultimately killed her. The pre-existing condition defence would not (or should not!) work.
MOO

I imagine a dozen defense lawyers talking how they would love to point the finger at BB, all the while alleging DV the clean up guy.....

That was my thought as well. Even if they think this defence tactic would work, since it seems that they caused the head injury they can't use that to try to say that is what ultimately killed her. The pre-existing condition defence would not (or should not!) work.
MOO

I think the evidence they likely have will blow any attempt at this kind of a defense out of the water.

We have her at least ambulatory on her own in footage. We have DV placing her with him alive talking of throwing her off of his lap and his other stories. We have evidence of a cover up with the disposal of her body. We know he did not call for help or take her for help if she was sick or something else happened.

Apparently there is blood that was found and I don't doubt we have not heard the half of what they found. The forensic results were homicidal violence if I recall correctly. We know of all of the video we have seen (or stills from video) that there very likely is even more that they have which we have not seen.

We have his ludicrous story of 3 Hispanics and his lies about what happened there and how he came to be at the hospital. Where he was in between I also think they probably have discovered something about. I just don't think any defense of even a prior injury would make much difference in a murder charge--without knowing Texas law in any way, shape or form, and no expert whatsoever, just his acts are enough in many states to both charge and likely convict imo.

I am no fan of anyone involved but I think it is going to be shown that there is evidence that MD was alive after BB left. There have been several hints of that, some from Quanell. I have no idea if it was something like Facetime or what.

I also do not doubt sadly that the brother has been carefully interviewed. There is little doubt the day care has been interviewed. There is little doubt the neighbors have been interviewed. Family. Etc.

These are just some of the many things that we know so we know we can safely assume LE has far more than that. Imo.

Others may be charged with various things but I do not have much doubt that DV is going down.

We know others were involved whether before or after... We know someone helped him and dropped him at the hospital at minimum. We know he was SOMEWHERE in the time frame of more than a day that he claims he was abducted and knocked out... And so was his bio son.

We know Maleah had a severe prior injury but I do not see any defense with that being able to exclude the fact she was likely injured in the home anew by DV (blood evidence and I will bet probably more) and was thrown away like trash under DV's "care" after being seen alive, walking and following him. If anything, it could bring further charges against others, but in no way will it absolve him.

Just my take on it and my hope. I would like to see something go right on behalf of this child, just one time.

All jmo based on a whole lot of hope and yet on many facts as well.

Forgive the long post. I hold back for days and then say what I am thinking. I hope we get some news on this case soon and at minimum a murder charge.

Here is to justice for Maleah.

Checking in on our little Maleah. The thought of her suffering still brings tears to my eyes and I think will for the rest of my life. Please let the justice come. I can't believe arraignment's been postponed until September. What do you think the motivation is?

Checking in on our little Maleah. The thought of her suffering still brings tears to my eyes and I think will for the rest of my life. Please let the justice come. I can't believe arraignment's been postponed until September. What do you think the motivation is?

BBM - Good question. I never thought about the motivation for murder. IMO MD was psychically abused and neglected. Her case fell through the cracks of the system, as do many. Perhaps her death was an "accident" - no intention of murder, but the ongoing abuse was the reason she died. The fact that NO ONE in her family ensured she was wearing her medically required helmet truly boggles my mind.

The length that both BB and DV went to cover up her death is beyond my comprehension. Motivation was to cover their tracks of abuse. Everyone in this sweet, innocent child's life failed her. It is absolutely heartbreaking. MOO.

I believe her death was an accident by the abusive boyfriend, I do not think he planned on killing her but I believe Maleah died by his hands...so I do not think there was any motive.

Still has just the tampering with evidence, etc. on court site.

and searched for Brittany Bowen - nothing there. Am I spelling her name correctly?
TIA! :)

It's Bowens with an s on the end. She also goes by the name Autumn Vence According to this Heavy Article:
"According to Holbrook, Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, who also goes by Autumn Vence, was picked up from the airport Friday night by another family member."

Maleah Davis Amber Alert: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I'm not sure of her legal name-- maybe check for any combinations of the above? :)

I think Maleah died during a possible fit of anger because BB and DV were arguing the entire time she was gone or sadly during a SA attempt (if you believe any of what BB says, which I don't).

I think Maleah died during a possible fit of anger because BB and DV were arguing the entire time she was gone or sadly during a SA attempt (if you believe any of what BB says, which I don't).
Yes, so much depends on what really was happening between BB and DV during that time. But if they were arguing then IMO it's very likely DV took his anger/rage out on Maleah. All his talk about how he took care of her, how he did more for Maleah than her own family, etc. does point to him turning on her in anger. It reminds me of little Lonzie - mom's boyfriend expressed frustration at feeling like he was always babysitting while mom was at work. Then Lonzie disappeared.

So if DV was in a rage it's not a big step to think that he also committed SA on Maleah. Rape often goes hand in hand with rage/revenge. Why else would someone who proclaims to the world how much he loved Maleah and spent time caring for her decide to dump her body and make up a hair-brained story instead of calling 911? I can't think of anything. MOO.

Yes, so much depends on what really was happening between BB and DV during that time. But if they were arguing then IMO it's very likely DV took his anger/rage out on Maleah. All his talk about how he took care of her, how he did more for Maleah than her own family, etc. does point to him turning on her in anger. It reminds me of little Lonzie - mom's boyfriend expressed frustration at feeling like he was always babysitting while mom was at work. Then Lonzie disappeared.

So if DV was in a rage it's not a big step to think that he also committed SA on Maleah. Rape often goes hand in hand with rage/revenge. Why else would someone who proclaims to the world how much he loved Maleah and spent time caring for her decide to dump her body and make up a hair-brained story instead of calling 911? I can't think of anything. MOO.

And include in that story how "sweet" she looked. :eek:

Yes, that was an ODD remark, why add it, his thoughts were somewhere imo they should not have been... In case she was found so it could be explained away--that one of the 3 Hispanics did this...?

I sure wish we would see some more charges here... They have had results for a few weeks now...

Jmo.

Yes, that was an ODD remark, why add it, his thoughts were somewhere imo they should not have been... In case she was found so it could be explained away--that one of the 3 Hispanics did this...?

I sure wish we would see some more charges here... They have had results for a few weeks now...

Jmo.

I'm wondering/hoping this is in front of a grand jury. This whole situation just reeks.

That comment pointed to SA at the very beginning, imo. And I think it’s as likely as not that this type of abuse was going on...

There’s also a photo, one of the ones from the trip the family took to the beach- and I know a photo is just a snapshot of a moment, you can’t really tell what’s going on just based on a photo- (which I saw in the media thread, ftr) but with the comment DV made about the 3 Hispanics saying Maleah looked sweet and whatnot- the pic shows DV maybe helping to pull up Maleah’s swimsuit bottoms, and the look on her little face is so uncomfortable and disturbing to me.

BUT I don’t think we need SA to account for his committing the act of murder. And I do think it was murder, maybe not premeditated but still murder in the second degree (what does Texas call that?). I think, based on everything we’ve read, that he killed her in a rage (of “homicidal violence,” as the ME said, I believe) after being left with her (and not for the first time, repeatedly and in his view unfairly tying him down) while BB was elsewhere, and after a pattern of escalating abuse causing the injuries she sustained leading up to her death.

Just my thoughts this morning.

I hope truth and justice are served sooner rather than later.

I'm wondering/hoping this is in front of a grand jury. This whole situation just reeks.

I agree and I think, though someone else could probably answer for sure, that this is going to go to a grand jury if I recall correctly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back