Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were authorities to blame,or the ffamily for that matter,yes maybe didnt watch every second but that makes nearly anyone who has children etc in the same boat if sued..imo 99% of humans have left a child alone at some stage...the full force of all blame lies with the person who decided to take him

5DBAA169-442E-4D46-85D7-9AA94C8E6DA8.jpeg

Good post.

Agreed, nothing new here.

To me, it's starting to feel like a PR exercise for the foster parents.

They are keeping their promise to never give up on William and to keep him fresh in our minds and also keep the search for the little boy ongoing.

The day they shut up is the day everyone will forget William ever existed.

I don’t see how or why that would be the case. Bio parents were offered to participate.

Well, that's just my opinion after listening to this podcast episode. E.g. the episode seemed to focus a lot on them and them being cleared which we all already know so why spend so long on the podcast on it? So this episode - building on the content from the other episodes - gave me the impression of it being PR exercise, 'we didn't do it, we had nothing to do with it, we did everything we could, this could of happened to anyone', PR to convince any doubters in the public. Which is fine.

Maybe it's just because this episode didn't really cover anything new so it feels like they are dragging the story out. Yes, and like you said, they were offered to participate so maybe this has nothing to do with them, I don't know how involved they are in the editing process, but yeah, that's still how I felt after listening to it.

And despite that, I'm still looking forward to the next episode! And I still think the podcast is good for William's case.

And just a few pages back people were complaining that they hadn't spoken. They can't win, it seems. Damned if they do and damned if they don't IMO. They don't need any PR exercises anyway; they have been cleared. Over and over and over again. They are victims in this too. And in fact probably feeling the most hurt and loss. IMO.
Yes, I agree with what you said, 'They don't need any PR exercises' so why does the podcast episode feel like that's what it is???? Well, it feels like that to me anyway. What did you think of the episode?

Well, that's just my opinion after listening to this podcast episode. E.g. the episode seemed to focus a lot on them and them being cleared which we all already know so why spend so long on the podcast on it? So this episode - building on the content from the other episodes - gave me the impression of it being PR exercise, 'we didn't do it, we had nothing to do with it, we did everything we could, this could of happened to anyone', PR to convince any doubters in the public. Which is fine.

Maybe it's just because this episode didn't really cover anything new so it feels like they are dragging the story out. Yes, and like you said, they were offered to participate so maybe this has nothing to do with them, I don't know how involved they are in the editing process, but yeah, that's still how I felt after listening to it.

And despite that, I'm still looking forward to the next episode! And I still think the podcast is good for William's case.
Yes I’m still waiting for the bombshell development in the case . I do feel the podcast is pretty much the same thing every week so far so get where you’re coming from. Don’t think it’s a PR exercise though .

Yes I’m still waiting for the bombshell development in the case . I do feel the podcast is pretty much the same thing every week so far so get where you’re coming from. Don’t think it’s a PR exercise though .
Yes, it is starting to feel like that, the same thing again and again. Maybe the bombshell isn't coming in the podcast at least.

Fair enough. I don't think the whole podcast is a PR exercise, just twinging on it for me with that last episode.

Thank God someone is keeping Williams memory alive.
Keep it up I say.
Imagine not knowing if he’s alive somewhere and what kind of person might have him, is he laying dead somewhere. All they want is to know something, anything.

I understand why they are so vocal and the common problem is if it’s not newsworthy no one wants to listen as time passes.

Just maybe the Podcast is being stretched so that they can include information after it has been aired at the inquest, they obviously can't air it prior to then.

I actually thought this episode was quite good, they seem to be responding to many of the questions that have been asked by the public - eg. why were they cleared so fast? Well doesn't seem like they were. etc.

From memory I think it was episode 2, much of the podcast was about the Bio's being cleared so this one was about the FCer's.

Seems there are a number of Eps to go, they obviously can't cover everything in one or two episodes. People expect so much.

PR exercise it may be, but it's a PR exercise for William, not either family.

Just maybe the Podcast is being stretched so that they can include information after it has been aired at the inquest, they obviously can't air it prior to then.

I actually thought this episode was quite good, they seem to be responding to many of the questions that have been asked by the public - eg. why were they cleared so fast? Well doesn't seem like they were. etc.

From memory I think it was episode 2, much of the podcast was about the Bio's being cleared so this one was about the FCer's.

Seems there are a number of Eps to go, they obviously can't cover everything in one or two episodes. People expect so much.

PR exercise it may be, but it's a PR exercise for William, not either family.
I guess too it’s nothing we don’t know but to the general public who aren’t as obsessed as most of us here it’s something. I’m so engrossed in Williams case . I asked some friends how they felt about the case , some didn’t know others said “ oh the little boy that was missing, obviously parents bio or foster involved “ Not sure how many would listen to there podcast but informative to general public

Agreed, nothing new here.

To me, it's starting to feel like a PR exercise for the foster parents.[/QUOT
And just a few pages back people were complaining that they hadn't spoken. They can't win, it seems. Damned if they do and damned if they don't IMO. They don't need any PR exercises anyway; they have been cleared. Over and over and over again. They are victims in this too. And in fact probably feeling the most hurt and loss. IMO.
Agree 100%..

I guess too it’s nothing we don’t know but to the general public who aren’t as obsessed as most of us here it’s something. I’m so engrossed in Williams case . I asked some friends how they felt about the case , some didn’t know others said “ oh the little boy that was missing, obviously parents bio or foster involved “ Not sure how many would listen to there podcast but informative to general public

I hear this kind of complaint fairly often about true crime podcasts from people who closely follow the cases they feature (ie that "we've heard this all before"). I think the main general audience of such podcasts wouldn't know 90% of the info people here know about WT's case, so most of it's going to be news to them. If the creators were only catering to people who have heard it all before, they'd have a very small audience.

I hear this kind of complaint fairly often about true crime podcasts from people who closely follow the cases they feature (ie that "we've heard this all before"). I think the main general audience of such podcasts wouldn't know 90% of the info people here know about WT's case, so most of it's going to be news to them. If the creators were only catering to people who have heard it all before, they'd have a very small audience.
Yes I agree and you said exactly what I was trying to convey

My cousin said ‘oh the little boy from Tyrrells Wines who was abducted, was it for a ransom?’

I think a PR excercise is necessary!

I found it quite peculiar the way FFC carried on about the trip to Kendall on the 11th. To me it felt like she was trying to convince the listener both fcarers and both children had traveled to Kendall.

Still no mention of her driving down Batar Creek Rd and a timeline of that occasion.

It was detailed by a narrator FFC also forgot about the photos she had initially captured on the morning too. The narrator said the initial photo used in publicity had been captured 'recently' to the 12th. I dont believe that is correct.

Am I correct that the 1st photo used was one when William was very young and chubby and displaying a bruised face? And a story came out the bruising happened at childcare?

Then a day or so later after the 12th the Spider-Man photo was used?

Yes, it is starting to feel like that, the same thing again and again. Maybe the bombshell isn't coming in the podcast at least.

Fair enough. I don't think the whole podcast is a PR exercise, just twinging on it for me with that last episode.

For me there is far too much of the narrator's personal opinion instead of factual reference. Too much waffling on as a filler. Click click $s for Ten.

I found it quite peculiar the way FFC carried on about the trip to Kendall on the 11th. To me it felt like she was trying to convince the listener both fcarers and both children had traveled to Kendall.

Still no mention of her driving down Batar Creek Rd and a timeline of that occasion.

It was detailed by a narrator FFC also forgot about the photos she had initially captured on the morning too. The narrator said the initial photo used in publicity had been captured 'recently' to the 12th. I dont believe that is correct.

Am I correct that the 1st photo used was one when William was very young and chubby and displaying a bruised face? And a story came out the bruising happened at childcare?

Then a day or so later after the 12th the Spider-Man photo was used?
Gee, poor old FFC can’t do much right, can she? IMO.

She has my utmost sympathy in losing her son to an epitome of evil. Poor, poor lady.

She has my utmost sympathy in losing her son to an epitome of evil. Poor, poor lady.
Shame she has to defend herself over and over to the ignorant out there in cyber world behind computer screens. IMO

Last edited:

Shame she has to defend herself over and over to the ignorant
Especially as she and William’s FD have been cleared, along with his BF. It’s a shame the same presumption of innocence, with regard to involvement in William’s disappearance that is extended to William’s BF, is not extended to his FM and FD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member