Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
66623684_2374386082622449_7320794802826510336_n.jpg

SUBLETTE COUNTY — The Sublette County Sheriff’s Office is seeking more information about Aubree Shanae Corona who was last seen on July 13, 2019.

According to a press release by the SCSO, Corona was camping with friends in the New Fork Lake area. She ran an errand but got turned around and ended up on the Dubois side of Union Pass. She never returned to camp.

Corona is 28-years-old, 5-feet-8-inches, 194 pounds, and has brown eyes and brown hair.

Corona was driving a Dark Grey 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche with a motorcycle in the back. The license plate number of the truck is 4-21717.

Anyone with information pertaining to Corona has been asked to contact the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office at 307-367-4378.

Sublette County Sheriff's Office

Sublette County Sheriff's Office Seeking Information on Missing Person

Here is a google map of New Fork Lake, WY, and Union Pass, WY. I only marked Dubois, WY because LE said she was on the Dubois side of Union Pass - LE never said she was in Dubois.

upload_2019-7-15_19-16-44.png
Google Maps

It takes almost three hours of driving to get from New Fork Lakes to Union Pass. If it was not her intention to get to Union Pass, I don't know why she didn't realize that she was on the wrong road. Also, if Union Pass was not her destination, what was her original destination? Did she have a cell phone? Is there reception in that area of Wyoming? How does LE know that she made it to the Dubois side of Union Pass? Did her friends have other vehicles? Did they call LE from the campsite, or did they have to drive somewhere to report her missing?

According to a press release by the SCSO, Corona was camping with friends in the New Fork Lake area. She ran an errand but got turned around and ended up on the Dubois side of Union Pass. She never returned to camp.

How do friends know she ended up on the Dubios side of Union Pass. Did Aubree communicate with them via cell phone and if so has it been tracked.

I found this info about Aubree, from just last month:

Sweetwater County Arrests: June 1 - June 2, 2019 - Wyo4News

upload_2019-7-15_20-30-45.png

"CORONA, AUBREE SHANAE
Address: GREEN RIVER, WY
Booking Type: PRE-TRIAL
Booking Date: 2019-06-02
Arresting Agency: SCSO
Charges:
  • DWUI – Child Passenger – 1st Offense
    • Status: PENDING, Bond: #4438, SURETY OR CASH, $1220, Court: SWEETWATER CIRCUIT COURT
  • Driving on Roadway Laned for Traffic – Maintain Single Lane
    • Status: PENDING, Bond: #4438, SURETY OR CASH, $1220, Court: SWEETWATER CIRCUIT COURT
  • Consumption/Possession of Opened Alcoholic Beverage By Operator of Vehicle – 1st Offense
    • Status: PENDING, Bond: #4438, SURETY OR CASH, $1220, Court: SWEETWATER CIRCUIT COURT"
ETA quotation marks.

Here is a google map of New Fork Lake, WY, and Union Pass, WY. I only marked Dubois, WY because LE said she was on the Dubois side of Union Pass - LE never said she was in Dubois.

I am her sister. Yes she has charges her errand was to take a breathalyzer to keep her out of jail. She was actually headed to Pinedale. There is no phone service once you get into the mountains. She is on my brothers phone plan so her last texts and phone calls have been handed over to police. Supposedly her last text said she was to her boyfriend saying she was leaving Dubois but was going to buy a map so she didn't get lost. And no nobody from camp has looked for her since she had been gone which we as a family find very suspicious.

View attachment 193587
Google Maps

It takes almost three hours of driving to get from New Fork Lakes to Union Pass. If it was not her intention to get to Union Pass, I don't know why she didn't realize that she was on the wrong road. Also, if Union Pass was not her destination, what was her original destination? Did she have a cell phone? Is there reception in that area of Wyoming? How does LE know that she made it to the Dubois side of Union Pass? Did her friends have other vehicles? Did they call LE from the campsite, or did they have to drive somewhere to report her missing?

View attachment 193587
Google Maps

Google maps made the route from the lake to the pass look so simple, but I noticed the road numbers changed multiple times. It wouldn't have been an easy route to follow on the return trip. Aubree might be on any of those side roads. I hope they can find her quickly!

How awful to be on the road, by yourself, and lost.

It’s been a little over 48 hours since the last text. I’d like to know who was the last person to actually see her. Maybe she stopped for gas/food/drink/bathroom break. She needs to be found ASAP. Since the vehicle has not been found maybe she is off road somewhere stranded.

No she was not familiar with the area and from what her BF said she actually got stuck some where on her way to town and some Loggers helped her get unstuck. I don't know why her BF or another adult from camp that knew the area didn't got with her.
No kidding! Following those National Forest roads is extremely difficult, as they are not always well-marked, and sometimes google has the roads numbered differently that what the signs say. I know from driving around in some remote areas of the National Forests in California, and I'm sure it is just as difficult in Wyoming. Many of these roads are dirt or gravel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back