ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
"DeOrr's great-grandfather, Bob Walton, was also at the campsite. He died last month from complications of cancer. His daughter, Mitchell's mom, says she told detectives that her father wasn't doing well.

Trina Bates Clegg says a detective talked with him one last time, the day before he died.

Meanwhile, Mitchell and Kunz say they haven't been formally questioned by law enforcement in quite some time.

Sheriff Penner says he talks to them every few months or so, or when something comes up."

KTVB Exclusive: The last people to see DeOrr Kunz Jr. alive talk about what happened to the missing toddler

Interesting interview. I had to stop myself from over analyzing everything they said but I appreciated reporter Kim Fields' attempt to ask direct, single questions - usually the interviewer yaks too much, asks compound questions and ends up giving the interviewee the answer, or at least an option of an easy out answer instead of shutting up and letting the person talk. A lot of good information gets lost that way.

And yeah, like ReadySet said, ol' mom and dad are still concerned about what others think about them. What do they expect?

"Fields: "If Bowerman is correct and you were changing your stories, were you changing your stories and why?"

Mitchell: "Um, I believe a lot of it is like blocking things out, you know. You're so emotional, you're so, you're trying to remember everything as they're asking you all these questions a thousand times, and being drained, and not sleeping, and you know everything all at once, you block things out or you forget.""

Even that is sidestepping around the truth as they were interviewed multiple times over a 4 year time period and it's doubtful they were sleep-deprived, emotional and drained during each and every one. IIRC, Kunz and Mitchell's stories didn't even match on the very day Deorr went missing.

Your kid goes missing and the details of where you were and what you were doing get "blocked out" an hour later? Not buying it. IMO even if they didn't harm Deorr they're hiding something. MOO.

The parents are concerned about what people are saying about them? Of course they are human and they were ASKED the questions and responded. You are not seeing the fully uncut interview. I don't think it's unusual at all. In fact, this just confirmed to me that my belief in them is not unfounded.

I hate that this suggests there are only 3 theories. A fourth and most reasonable theory is that he really did wander off and he hasn't been found yet. (Unless DM's dog really did hit on his remains).

“As far as I know to my knowledge.. and he was there.” Huh? It’s a simple yes or no question. I think Isaac knows more than he is saying. His body language and verbal language is, well, off. IMO

IIRC, at one time on these threads there was speculation that he never actually saw Deorr, that Isaac was made to believe he was there but was told he was sleeping, etc. The way IR answers some of the questions makes me wonder that is actually what happened. Whether that means Deorr never made it to camp in the first place or something happened along the route/shortly after getting there, I'm not sure.

"District Judge Bruce Pickett denied the appeal Friday, essentially closing the civil case that has drawn on for two years [...]"

"The private investigator also announced that he will launch a website by the end of July containing information he has gathered about the case."

“We will be releasing the website within the next two weeks for you to watch the interrogations. Read the evidence for yourself and make your own decision,” he said. “We think it will open your eyes.”

The judge's decisions are linked in the article.

Judge denies Kunz appeal; PI to release findings within 2 weeks | East Idaho News

Last edited:
“As far as I know to my knowledge.. and he was there.” Huh? It’s a simple yes or no question. I think Isaac knows more than he is saying. His body language and verbal language is, well, off. IMO

His response to the reporters question regarding if he thought Jessica had something to do with Deoors disappearance and her question did he think Vernal had something to do with his disappearance are very different, I found that extremely interesting. Other than that he seems somewhat off in his demeanor but he’s been interviewed many times and it’s been four years. I think he knows way more too.

Re: Vernal's failed civil suit against Klein for defamation:

Looks like somebody was lazy.

As stated above, Plaintiff is attempting to admit list of thirty-six internet links to various reports, interviews, and articles. These articles consist of written statements and recordings of statements. However, the internet links provided by Plaintiff cannot be considered as they are inadmissible in evidence. Rather than providing the Court with the originals of these writings and recordings, Plaintiff has simply provided of means of accessing them. Moreover, Plaintif
has not even supplied the Court with verified copies of these written and recorded statements, which would be another means of admittance. For the reasons stated above, the Court finds that the various internét links provided by Plaintiff are inadmissible in evidence. IV.

https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...-on-Plaintiffs-Motion-for-Judicial-Notice.pdf

Here is Isaac's complete interview (from yesterday's piece). It's about six minutes long; and yes, he did mention ... a cheetah.

'He was just there and then he wasn't:' Full interview with Isaac Reinwand about DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappearance

From that interview:

"I wish I could tell everybody exactly what went down completely, but I don't remember everything, and the things I do remember I've already told the media years ago"

I've never got a particularly bad vibe from Isaac, but I do reckon in the back of his mind he thinks something suspicious "went down".

IMO

Jessica and Vernal's main concern still seems to be what others think of them, how others treat them, their reputation.

Jessica just can't hide that smile when asked Are you lying? Do you know where he is?

JMO

Also from the interview, don't forget, Vernal's still telling this lie (BBM):

Fields to Kunz: "Sheriff Bowerman he thought and said, 'I don't even know if DeOrr was up at that campground.'"

Kunz: "You know, eventually I'll be able to prove a lot of this, a lot of these theories wrong."

Fields: "What do you mean by that?"

Kunz: "That's just a theory that is wrong. My son was there. He was at the store, people seen him at the store."

From statements of Klein:

That’s very disturbing to us. We can’t even verify basic information that Vernal tells us and neither of their stories match. It’s not even close, as a matter of fact.

Eyewitnesses that they have listed – from guys that distribute the beer to the clerk at the store to the person that pumped the gas to the basic timeline information – Vernal and Jessica tell us one story but then the witnesses say no, that never happened. Here’s what did happen.

So we take all of that and we come back to them with, ‘OK, tell us what really happened because all these witnesses you have given us, they don’t match.’

And so they tell us the story and again. We go out and we try to reverify with different witnesses. Then, in some cases, some say, ‘We don’t even know who these people are. Who are you talking about?’

Not only that, it comes down to simple things like they played with DeOrr at the store. We talked to the witnesses before and after who didn’t even see a child (in the store)."

More here: Kunz investigator: Jessica Mitchell knows where DeOrr's body is | East Idaho News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea