Still Missing TN - Joseph "Joe Clyde" Daniels, 5, Dickson, 3 Apr 2018 *autistic* *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Wiggins trial moved to February, Joseph Daniels trial reset for August 2020

April 11, 2019

"...The trial for Steven Wiggins, the man charged with first degree murder in the May shooting death of Dickson County Sgt. Daniel Baker, has been pushed back to February next year.

Wiggins’ trial would have then taken place the same month jury selection was scheduled to begin for Joseph Ray Daniels and Krystal Daniels’ trial.

However, court officials said Thursday afternoon that the trial for both Daniels was being reset to August of 2020.

Joseph Daniels is charged with murdering his 5-year-old son, Joe Clyde. Krystal Daniels is charged with aggravated child neglect...."

Steven Wiggins trial moved to February, Joseph Daniels trial reset for August 2020

Search for me foundation:

To Our Dear Followers and Donator's,

I want to thank everyone for the support and words of encouragement. It truly means a lot.

Now with that said, let me take you on a journey, a story if you will, about a true story and how it has changed the way we operate.

Back last year we went to Tennessee to try and help locate Joe Clyde Daniels. While in route Marsha and I posted several videos and pictures on the way. This also attracted the attention of the media. For benefit of the case we did agree to one interview. After that we wanted to get to the case and start working. Well we couldn't without my cell phone going off every 10 minutes with other media outlets. This went on for a week.
Finally we left Tennessee and everything calmed down. In December we posted a theory about our case and we announced that we would be returning in January for Joe Clyde Daniels. Well when our theory didn't agree with a certain person (same person that did a TV phone interview and stated, she does Facebook pages for missing kids as a hobby, which pissed me off because missing persons regardless of age is serious and in my opinion is not a hobby) anyway, this person filed a complaint against me. So before I could return to Tennessee, I had to wait for the complaint to be resolved. Now that it is over, I now have to wait for better weather conditions. So everyone can thank that wanna be armchair detective hobbiest for that.
Also the Media that I would not give interviews to, decided to take the story of the complaint, and make it look worse than what it was. So I am planning to go back, find Joe Clyde Daniels, and those media outlets that tried to make me look bad, need not to call. They can watch the interviews I do with Burt Staggs and Nick Beres for the story!
So, this is why we will not give any details of when and where we will be, when working on a case anymore.
Thank you for your continued support and God Bless!

Search For Me Foundation

39 mins ·
Lil Joe Clyde Daniels, age 5 from Dickson County, TN
Last seen April 3rd, 2018.

Blonde hair, Blue Eyes
Height 4' 0" (48 Inches)
Weight 50 - 60 lbs

NamUs #MP57813

David and Marsha were in TN late 2018 and will be returning fall/winter 2019.

65829302_821384588262405_7389056603552481280_o.jpg

Joe Clyde’s mother speaks, says she hopes boy is alive

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The mother of Joe Clyde Daniels has said next to nothing about what happened to her son but now she's going public in an exclusive interview with NewsChannel 5.

Only two people may know for sure what happened to Joe Clyde: His father, who is charged with killing him, and Krystal Daniels, who is accused of failing to protect him.

NewsChannel 5's Nick Beres spoke to Krystal by phone from her cell in the Dickson County Jail, where she remains on $1 million bond. Her son disappeared from their home in April of 2018.
[.....]
"They think I didn't do anything. Like if he did do something to him, they said I didn't do anything for him,"said Daniels. In other words, it's alleged Daniels failed to protect her son from her husband.

She said that's a false conclusion, that she's only spoken to TBI agents once and claims they pressured her.

"I mean, all I can really say is the TBI, they have a way of working that makes people feel like crap."

And now Daniels feels many, including investigators, are making the wrong assumptions.......
[.....]
"All I know is that Joseph woke me up and said Joe got out of the house again," said Daniels.

Daniels said her son had a history of wandering away. After that, all she knew was that Joe Clyde was gone. This does contradict what a TBI agent said during the preliminary hearing last year.

So the TBI made her feel like crap? I speculate that whatever happened to Joe Clyde was not the first time he had been abused in some manner. There were so many things that she could have done to keep this child safe and she did not do it.

But the TBI made her feel like crap? Just shaking my head!

Wonder why she's decided to speak out now ? Does this make sense to anyone ? Pray for you every day Joe Clyde. Hope you can be brought home soon
Either the reporter contacted her for an interview or she contacted the reporter. If the reporter contacted her then she probably was just wanted to break the boredom of sitting in jail. If she reached out to msm then she's looking for attention.

Either way, IMO she saw an opportunity to adjust her story to the media. Back in the day she said:
Daniels said her son had a history of wandering away. After that, all she knew was that Joe Clyde was gone. This does contradict what a TBI agent said during the preliminary hearing last year.

He testified that Daniels told him she heard a painful scream and saw her husband standing over the boy. And that her husband told her if she told anybody he'd kill her; so then she went back to bed.

Now she's claiming she saw nothing, heard nothing. Also interesting is that even while she's saying she believes Joe Clyde was abducted and may still be alive she talks about him in the past tense: "He was a very sweet child," said Daniels who added she misses her son Joe Clyde.
Daniels says there is little or no evidence that Joe Clyde is even dead, much less she and her husband killed him.
That's not a direct quote and was not in the video so I don't know what she actually said about her and her husband being accused of killing Joe Clyde but if the reporter closely paraphrased it then it's a little odd since earlier she talked about being accused of doing nothing to protect him - IOW, there's a difference between doing nothing and doing something. But perhaps I'm reading too much into her words. I dunno.

Anyway, this would be a good time for David Marshburn to pay her a visit. She's probably bored and lonely sitting in her cell all day and might be eager to have a visitor. MOO.

Joe Clyde’s mother speaks, says she hopes boy is alive

Long time lurker, first post. I’ve been following this since the early days.
Strange timing, mother’s interview followed by this.
Joseph Daniels claims in letter Joe Clyde was killed by his mother
From article:
The second big development in the case is that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is now in possession of a letter recently written by Joseph Daniels from his cell at Riverbend prison to his parents.

In it, he claims Krystal killed Joe Clyde by suffocating him with a pillow. The father claims he tried to intervene and she threatened him with knife and then disposed of the body.

Anyone know "why" there haven't been any court dates? Last one I have is in March.

Man accused of killing Sgt. Daniel Baker appears in court (with clip)

Jul 2, 2019

"DICKSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – Steven Wiggins, the man accused of killing Sgt. Daniel Baker, was back in court Tuesday for a motions hearing.

Wiggins appeared in a button-down shirt and slacks as he entered the Dickson County courthouse, briefly making eye contact with Sgt. Baker’s family.

A number of motions were presented, including one discussing witnesses who will take the stand.

At the request of the defense, the state agreed to disclose expert witnesses. They will not, however, provide the context of the anticipated testimony of witnesses.
In a previous motions hearing, the trial start date was moved to February 2020 in order to prevent coming into conflict with the Joe Clyde Daniels trial.

The next motions hearing for Wiggins is set for August 23rd...."

Man accused of killing Sgt. Daniel Baker appears in court
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gov. Bill Lee officially signs Sgt. Daniel Baker Act into law

Jul 16, 2019

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Gov. Bill Lee has signed the Sgt. Daniel Baker Act into law.

The law was named in Sgt. Baker's honor because prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Steven Wiggins and Erika Castro-Miles in connection with the sergeant's death last year.

It speeds up a death penalty appeal, by doing away with the part of the appeals process that sends the case to the court of criminal appeals.

The Dickson County Sheriff's office posted a photo on their Facebook page Monday night, showing Governor Lee signing the bill, alongside Baker’s wife and daughter.

The law goes into effect August 1."

Gov. Bill Lee officially signs Sgt. Daniel Baker Act into law

(Photo by: Dickson County Sheriff's Office)

AR-305309969.jpg

Last edited:
Did I miss something with that last article YESorNO posted??
animated-smileys-thinking-02.gif
Something to do with Daniels' case??

DA: Blood, hair found on shovel linked to Baby Joe case in Tenn.

According to 23rd Judicial District Attorney Ray Crouch, a shovel was found that had blood on it that was confirmed to belong to Joe Daniels, the father of Baby Joe.

Crouch would not say where the shovel was found.

A hair sample was also taken from the shovel. It has not been identified at this time, and the TBI says they do not have the capability to test mitochondrial DNA.

The sample must be sent out to a private lab for testing, and results will not be ready for several months.

DA: Blood, hair found on shovel linked to Baby Joe case in Tenn.

According to 23rd Judicial District Attorney Ray Crouch, a shovel was found that had blood on it that was confirmed to belong to Joe Daniels, the father of Baby Joe.

Crouch would not say where the shovel was found.

A hair sample was also taken from the shovel. It has not been identified at this time, and the TBI says they do not have the capability to test mitochondrial DNA.

The sample must be sent out to a private lab for testing, and results will not be ready for several months.
Interesting that the blood belongs to the father. It kind of makes sense if what Joe Daniels said early on - that he beat Joe Clyde “repeatedly in the body, upper torso, head and face with a closed fist” in that he could easily have sustained cuts on his fists while beating the poor child.

IMO if the hair comes back to Joe Clyde then I think the DA's case is made. Now would be a good time for the parents to come clean in hopes of a plea deal because once all the forensic evidence is in the DA may go forward with a death penalty case. Tick tock. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member