The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me: You don't want to know about the nun names and priest names that my parochial school colleagues used when speaking about our Sister Mary Teachers and parish priests :oops: :D

LOL! I went through St Joseph’s Catholic Grammar School in the 1950’s so I can well imagine. But I was so intimidated by the nuns that my irreverent Irish Catholic Dad sat me down and told me they actually were real people with bodies under their voluminous habits and that when my teacher scared me I should picture her naked! :eek: :D

I understand where she was going with the black dress and it makes sense. It's quite attractive on her and suits her simple monochromatic style. The fit is off a bit and the style is really rather unforgiving, with the tight sheer top.

If the designer had made it a bit more forgiving and supportive.

She does like that elevated waistline doesn't she?

Meghan Markle, Ariana Grande and More Make Time's 2019 Most Influential People on the Internet List | Xfinity

The list is out!

With the Internet as powerful as ever, Time has revealed its 2019 lineup of the 25 most influential people online—and you're bound to recognize most of these names. From superstar songstress Ariana Grande to President Donald Trump, award-winning rapper Cardi B to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, this year's list not only contains some of the biggest names in the world, but also ones whose careers and public profiles have been bolstered by the power they've harnessed online...

the dress was awful. Too heavy a fabric for mid Summer. The sheer part looked like it was about to split at the seams. Looked itchy to me.

O course as bad as that dress was, it sure beat the heck out of Beyonce's curtain wrapped around her.

Last edited:
^^ Agree, Kensie.

While I think the overall concept was elegant, the brushed satin is much more a winter fabric. And yes, the bodice was totally ill fitting. This I don’t understand because it was a Jason Wu dress, I believe, and he would be mortified.

Plus, a hair adornment in the back would have spruced up the yoga bun. I don’t think pulling it so tight was flattering either.

Beyonce is way too heavy for her draped curtains. Period.

And that slit up to the waist was all wrong for a children’s film premiere.

Now, Pharrell Williams knows how to rock a premiere in his tuxedo shorts! And his wife looked lovely, too.

...While I think the overall concept was elegant, the brushed satin is much more a winter fabric. And yes, the bodice was totally ill fitting. This I don’t understand because it was a Jason Wu dress, I believe, and he would be mortified.

Plus, a hair adornment in the back would have spruced up the yoga bun. I don’t think pulling it so tight was flattering either.

Now, Pharrell Williams knows how to rock a premiere in his tuxedo shorts! And his wife looked lovely, too.

Meghan's dress would have been perfect for a fall or winter black tie event, but something more colorful would have been more appropriate at the premiere of The Lion King.

Last edited:
I'm going to London later this year, I've seen Buckingham Palace, any other suggestions?
:D

The-North.jpg

I'm going to London later this year, I've seen Buckingham Palace, any other suggestions?
;) The Tower!
london_october_2014_metroscenes.com_10.jpg
Tower of London

Kings and queens of England have stored crowns, robes, and other items of their ceremonial regalia at the Tower of London for over 600 years.

Since the 1600s, the coronation regalia itself, commonly known as the 'Crown Jewels' have been protected at the Tower.

Discover London’s castle – a secure fortress, royal palace and infamous prison
Explore 1000 years of history at London’s iconic castle and World Heritage Site. See the Crown Jewels, take a legendary Yeoman Warder tourand meet the ravens.

:pSee the Crown Jewels

Prepare to be dazzled by this breathtaking, world famous collection of 23,578 gemstones at the Tower of London.
the-jewels.png
See the Crown Jewels

With afternoon tea at Betty's Tea Room :)

Yes, for Fat Rascals! Train to York only takes a couple of hours from London, hire a car and have a look around God's Own Country for a few days - York, Whitby, the Dales, abbeys, castles, cathedrals and a ton of history. And if you end up in Leeds (shopping, architecture, food), call me!!

32 Reasons You Should Never Visit Yorkshire
'Scuse the bad language!

^^ Agree, Kensie.

While I think the overall concept was elegant, the brushed satin is much more a winter fabric. And yes, the bodice was totally ill fitting. This I don’t understand because it was a Jason Wu dress, I believe, and he would be mortified.

Wish I could love this post. I agree.

Headlines in Australia this morning...

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, has recently been the subject of a media storm over her so-called “diva” demands for privacy — and now she’s insisted that royal life “isn’t easy”.

The Duchess of Sussex, 37, hinted she’s having a difficult time in the spotlight when she joined A-listers at London’s Lion King premiere on the weekend.
Meghan spills: ‘They don’t make it easy’

Someone mentioned the Smithsonian earlier.
I didn't know this Jason Wu dress had been showcased.
***This is about the dress/Jason Wu/Smithsonian and NOT politics***

"Wu’s feminine and chic designs first took center stage along with First Lady Michelle Obama when she donned his famous ivory one-shoulder gown to her first inaugural ball in 2009. " Haute Living
upload_2019-7-16_15-31-22.png
https://hauteliving.com/2013/06/jason-wu-signed-by-hugo-boss/364151/

Someone mentioned the Smithsonian earlier.
I didn't know this Jason Wu dress had been showcased.
***This is about the dress/Jason Wu/Smithsonian and NOT politics***

"Wu’s feminine and chic designs first took center stage along with First Lady Michelle Obama when she donned his famous ivory one-shoulder gown to her first inaugural ball in 2009. " Haute Living
View attachment 193698
https://hauteliving.com/2013/06/jason-wu-signed-by-hugo-boss/364151/

One of my favorite dresses of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics