Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just maybe the Podcast is being stretched so that they can include information after it has been aired at the inquest, they obviously can't air it prior to then.

I actually thought this episode was quite good, they seem to be responding to many of the questions that have been asked by the public - eg. why were they cleared so fast? Well doesn't seem like they were. etc.

From memory I think it was episode 2, much of the podcast was about the Bio's being cleared so this one was about the FCer's.

Seems there are a number of Eps to go, they obviously can't cover everything in one or two episodes. People expect so much.

PR exercise it may be, but it's a PR exercise for William, not either family.

I agree.
I thought questions were answered that probably did not need to be addressed at the first round because the coroner would already have known the answers. Now, all that listened to the podcast know a little more.
imo

For me there is far too much of the narrator's personal opinion instead of factual reference. Too much waffling on as a filler. Click click $s for Ten.
Im sure she did that to put right the fact that William was actually in Kendall and not buried under the new construction of their home...

Especially as she and William’s FD have been cleared, along with his BF. It’s a shame the same presumption of innocence, with regard to involvement in William’s disappearance that is extended to William’s BF, is not extended to his FM and FD.
imo I think that comes down to the fact that they are perceived to be richer than others..

From episode 4 of the podcast ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), a description of the man who went to a shop in Kendall to ask for directions on the day William went missing (transcribed by me, my notes in square brackets):

(09:09)
Senior Constable CR in a police statement: "Eleven thirty-five a.m. on that date [Saturday 13th Sep?] with Sergeant [K] I attended 'Miss Nellie's Cafe' in River Street, Kendall. I spoke to [the owner, JN]. She told me about a male person who stuck his head in her cafe door about thirty to forty-five minutes prior to the police going through town the previous day. She described the male as five foot ten [178 cm], late thirties/early forties, brown chestnut wavy hair - not crewcut, but not quite collar-length. He was Caucasian, no facial hair, but unshaven, with one or two day growth. His speech pattern was unremarkable, nil accent, and he said words to the effect of, "Hi, guys, can you tell me how to find Batar Creek Road?" She thought he was holding something in his hand, and he was wearing jeans and a maroon t-shirt. The worker in the cafe at the same time also provided a description, which was recorded in my notebook. No vehicle was sighted by either lady."

From episode 4 of the podcast ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), a description of the man who went to a shop in Kendall to ask for directions on the day William went missing (transcribed by me, my notes in square brackets):

Senior Constable CR in a police statement: "Eleven thirty-five a.m. on that date [Saturday 13th Sep?] with Sergeant [K] I attended 'Miss Nellie's Cafe' in River Street, Kendall. I spoke to [the owner, JN]. She told me about a male person who stuck his head in her cafe door about thirty to forty-five minutes prior to the police going through town the previous day. She described the male as five foot ten [178 cm], late thirties/early forties, brown chestnut wavy hair - not crewcut, but not quite collar-length. He was Caucasian, no facial hair, but unshaven, with one or two day growth. His speech pattern was unremarkable, nil accent, and he said words to the effect of, "Hi, guys, can you tell me how to find Batar Creek Road?" She thought he was holding something in his hand, and he was wearing jeans and a maroon t-shirt. The worker in the cafe at the same time also provided a description, which was recorded in my notebook. No vehicle was sighted by either lady."
Don’t think any perpetrator of this sought of crime would let himself fly “over” the radar

In episode 4 of the podcast ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), from about 17:15 to 21:30, the foster carers mention some of the ways police investigated them:
- took their laptops
- took MFC's vehicle away, searched it, checked it
- checked their phones and devices
- checked their telephone calls, landlines, cars
- cross-referenced mobile towers
- checked photos showing them travelling and at McDonalds
- checked MFC's "Skype" call
- "grilled" them, separately, in isolation, including in the back of detectives' vehicles.

Also, police investigated whether the family might have been followed from Sydney, by checking CCTV, roadside cameras, and toll checkpoints, and looked for surveillance and tracking devices in the family car.

From episode 4 ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), two quotes about the suspicious cars (transcribed and bolded by me):

(27:52)
Lia: When this happened, police told her that, when you're going through trauma like this, it's really hard to recall all the details of what happened, and that she would probably randomly remember stuff throughout the following days that perhaps she hadn't been able to remember when it first happened. And that's exactly what did happen in regards to these two cars.

(30:33)
Natarsha: So, just to clarify: there were three suspicious separate vehicles that [FFC] and [William's sister][?] witnessed in that area at the time.
Lia: That's right. And all three of those vehicles remain unidentified to this day.

From episode 4 ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), two quotes about the suspicious cars (transcribed and bolded by me):

(27:52)
Lia: When this happened, police told her that, when you're going through trauma like this, it's really hard to recall all the details of what happened, and that she would probably randomly remember stuff throughout the following days that perhaps she hadn't been able to remember when it first happened. And that's exactly what did happen in regards to these two cars.

(30:33)
Natarsha: So, just to clarify: there were three suspicious separate vehicles that [FFC] and [William's sister][?] witnessed in that area at the time.
Lia: That's right. And all three of those vehicles remain unidentified to this day.

Yet clearly FFC has described the vehicles to police because at inquest she was questioned about her description of such. Detail in thread 39 on 1st day of inquest.

From memory the turning vehicle was initially described in 2015 when police released the info around September, as dark greenish grey.

It then morphed to be described at inquest and from memory described in media reports as teal coloured. All in thread 39.

Therefore it seems to me detail in the 4th podcast is incorrect.

I have a distinct feeling the podcast interviews were done a long time ago.

In episode 4 of the podcast ("Aftermath", Where's William Tyrrell?, 15 Jul 2019, on acast), from about 17:15 to 21:30, the foster carers mention some of the ways police investigated them:
- took their laptops
- took MFC's vehicle away, searched it, checked it
- checked their phones and devices
- checked their telephone calls, landlines, cars
- cross-referenced mobile towers
- checked photos showing them travelling and at McDonalds
- checked MFC's "Skype" call
- "grilled" them, separately, in isolation, including in the back of detectives' vehicles.

Also, police investigated whether the family might have been followed from Sydney, by checking CCTV, roadside cameras, and toll checkpoints, and looked for surveillance and tracking devices in the family car.

There is nothing extraordinary in those investigation processes. Quite standard procedures.

I would like to hear the detail of when FFC drove Batar Creek Rd. Media article supplied upthread that details that show police were obviously told of a dark grey 4wd that exited Benaroon at around 10.30am that morning. We know the family vehicle was dark grey 4wd and that MFC returned at around 10.30am....articles supplied upthread previously.

Last edited:
No matter how many times people have been told the FPs have been cleared, there is still this passive aggressiveness and sniping towards them on here from the odd person. They seem to have an agenda.

I don't think it's surprising. That won't stop until someone outside either family is found guilty imo, no matter how many times LE say the bio and fosters are clear. People inevitably always blame the husband or the parents because statistics bear that out, even if it's not the case all the time.

No matter how many times people have been told the FPs have been cleared, there is still this passive aggressiveness and sniping towards them on here from the odd person. They seem to have an agenda.

I don't perceive any passive aggressiveness or sniping at all.

I don't think it's surprising. That won't stop until someone outside either family is found guilty imo, no matter how many times LE say the bio and fosters are clear. People inevitably always blame the husband or the parents because statistics bear that out, even if it's not the case all the time.
Maybe, but it breaches WS TOS.

I find it quite disconcerting that Spedding chose to upload his youtube video in 2015 on the 1st anniversary of his socalled 1st visit to the FGM residence.

I also find it extremely disconcerting that there was an attempted abduction of a male child in Lake Cathie on 5 March 2015. I am told Spedding had a connection to Lake Cathie at one point in time very close to the attempt location.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I was one of those who wondered, all those years ago, how FPs had been cleared so quickly--as it seemed--so I'm glad to learn of the detailed checking as outlined by Stormbird. Now I'd like to know how the BPs (and any associates) were checked out. I'm not saying I suspect anyone, or that I'm in any way owed the information, but I'd like to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of those who wondered, all those years ago, how FPs had been cleared so quickly--as it seemed--so I'm glad to learn of the detailed checking as outlined by Stormbird. Now I'd like to know how the BPs (and any associates) were checked out. I'm not saying I suspect anyone, or that I'm in any way owed the information, but I'd like to know.

Ditto

Me three.

All that I remember being said so far — courtesy of Ten’s podcast and in MSM — is that police visited William’s BP on the afternoon of his abduction when they were asked for their alibis. William’s BD reported he’d been at McDonalds using their wifi for hours and BM had an ATM withdrawal slip and department store receipts from a shopping trip she said she’d taken. It also reported that they gave statements at the police station two days later.

I suppose if they had participated in Ten’s podcast when the opportunity was offered, we’d know more detail about how they were cleared. Not much about their movements, etc, was reported in MSM from the inquest. We really haven’t heard much from them at all. Perhaps they will share more in another MSM outlet’s podcast in the future.

Last edited:
even though both families were cleared its still important to keep a (respectful) open mind to all scenarios until william is found and we know exactly who was responsible for his disappearance, arent we all here trying to find the truth?
i enjoy reading here everybodys friendly discussion and theories no matter how weird, all of us caring about william, hopefully no agendas,

Is that the "well dressed" man, who asked for Benaroon Drive? Jeans and t-shirt is very okay to me, but would you describe the clothing as "well dressed"? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard