NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Baylee, Chance had been golfing “with the guys” Saturday afternoon before returning back to the house. Later, he took a walk and never returned.

He was last spotted around 7:30 p.m. leaving the 700 block of O Street in Gering. Police traced his last phone location to the vicinity of WTT Truck Stop at around 10 p.m.

The question of whether Chance would have left on his own accord is immediately quashed by Baylee, who said, no way, not the man she knows, nor was he undergoing any kind of stress to her knowledge. Recently, he’d been laid off with nearly 600 other employees at the Blackjewel Belle Ayr mine but had already secured a new job and was set to begin the following Monday, while Baylee planned to begin the nursing program at Gillette College in the fall.

They’ve been together for two years, and in that time, he’s never done anything remotely like this, she said. At best, if he was upset, he’d take a short walk around the block but always came right back. Nor does he have any type of mental illness or medical condition that might warrant his getting lost or confused.

Half-joking, she said that if he doesn’t get his tail back here soon, she’s selling all his derby cars.

6003024138714410007-960x640.jpg

Wife of Missing Moorcroft Man Fears the Worst

915307217292046864-274x300.jpg

The Englebert family has culled together an $8,000 reward for anyone with information regarding his disappearance that leads to solving the case. Chance is 5’ 9” with a medium build, sun-lightened brown hair, a mustache and goatee, and was last seen wearing a striped, short-sleeved Wrangler shirt, jeans, old-school Ropers, and a black-and-white trucker cap.

Ok, please forgive me. Sincerely. But I need help... please someone tell me what is above the baby's knee in front of the grey blanket. And then I can continue to help sleuth this man's case.

Btw- the photo the day he went missing, he looks very young! Especially compared to the other photos. I wonder which one most looks like him.

Ok, please forgive me. Sincerely. But I need help... please someone tell me what is above the baby's knee in front of the grey blanket. And then I can continue to help sleuth this man's case.

Btw- the photo the day he went missing, he looks very young! Especially compared to the other photos. I wonder which one most looks like him.
You’re right on both accounts and I have no answers for you!!! Lol

LOL—I see what you mean! But I think it’s sideways view of the baby’s other foot, specifically the big toe.
I hope he turns up soon. The family needs answers.

Maybe he just ran away. Adulting is hard!

I think looking at FB that these two only became a couple 18 months ago. In that time, they got engaged, married and had a baby. It's not exactly a whirlwind romance but it did all happen in a relatively short space of time. I wonder if he just got a bit overwhelmed and needed some space. Being a new parent is incredibly hard for anyone. Having said that, if he knows people are looking for him why hasn't he just let someone know that he is safe?

Is there any chance he has another love interest? Hate to think negatively but since his phones off and he likely doesn’t have any resources I’m worried something has happened to injure him

I think looking at FB that these two only became a couple 18 months ago. In that time, they got engaged, married and had a baby. It's not exactly a whirlwind romance but it did all happen in a relatively short space of time. I wonder if he just got a bit overwhelmed and needed some space. Being a new parent is incredibly hard for anyone. Having said that, if he knows people are looking for him why hasn't he just let someone know that he is safe?

And he lost his job! And got another one. Any chance it's not true he was to start a new job and lied about it? I'm not suggesting this man is a liar.

If he ended up in the river and isn't snagged somewhere along a shoreline or island then he won't be further than the large dam north of Ogallala. Should be in the time frame for the second resurface if he were in the river.

Well I just spit coffee everywhere! LOL I think maybe it’s a clothespin? Not sure, but I hope they find this dad soon!

And he lost his job! And got another one. Any chance it's not true he was to start a new job and lied about it? I'm not suggesting this man is a liar.
There was a comment made in a MSM article that said both employers (even the one he was laid off from) have indicated he'd have a job if/when he came back.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the jobs! That's a lot of big life changes in a short space of time. It's possible he could have lied about the new job now that he has a family to support and may have felt under pressure to do so. Pure speculation of course but I wouldn't have blamed him for feeling under a lot of pressure. I hope that he has just needed some time away and will make contact with his family soon. I do find it hard though to believe he would put his family through this. But if he is in crisis, he may not be thinking too logically.

All MOO.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the jobs! That's a lot of big life changes in a short space of time. It's possible he could have lied about the new job now that he has a family to support and may have felt under pressure to do so. Pure speculation of course but I wouldn't have blamed him for feeling under a lot of pressure. I hope that he has just needed some time away and will make contact with his family soon. I do find it hard though to believe he would put his family through this. But if he is in crisis, he may not be thinking too logically.

All MOO.
I would think by now we would know whether or not he actually secured the replacement job unless law enforcement is holding that back. If he had, he secured it rather quickly since the first place was shut down on Monday and by Friday he was in Nebraska with in-laws presumably with a job already secured. If that is the case I don't see where he would have pressure.

Search continues for Moorcroft man who went missing in Nebraska
Chance was one of the 580 Blackjewel LLC employees who were told to leave and not report for work after the company’s bankruptcy was denied July 1. Baylee said she doesn’t think that has anything to do with his disappearance.

He had already secured another job at Blakeman Propane in Moorcroft and was supposed to start work Monday.​

What is unclear at this point is when his wife and child went to Nebraska - were they already there for any length of time before he got there or did they all travel together? Were they all returning to Wyoming the next day? It is also unclear whether or not they had given up the place they were living at in Moorcroft considering the shutdown was July 1st. The looming bankruptcy would have been known in advance with the only thing unknown being whether the petition would move forward or be denied.

Whatever set this all in motion didn't just start when he walked out the door.

I zoomed in and it's definitely his other foot, lol. :p

According to this article, they've been together two years.
Wife of Missing Moorcroft Man Fears the Worst

JUL 16, 2019
Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper,WY Oil City News
[...]

A Casper citizen says she thinks she saw Chance Englebert at the East Side Walmart at about 6 pm on Friday, July 12 and told the Gering Police Department

Gering PD Officer Shawn West said that Walmart was rechecking their video surveillance from Friday to try to confirm whether it was Englebert.

[...]

Englebert was reported to have gotten into an argument with his family on July 6, according to West. He was last seen leaving the home on foot at about 7:30 pm.

West said that Englebert apparently told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and told friends that he wanted them to come pick him up.

Due to a major thunderstorm on Friday evening, West said that police thought it important to help locate Englebert due to concerns about his safety.

[...]

West said that Englebert’s mother told them he had been clean-shaven when he left and that his facial hair tends to grow slowly, so some of the reports were able to be ruled out on this basis.

West said that they still want people to pay attention to the clothing Englebert was wearing in the far left photo of the following poster:

66706960_838350563208193_3560317250302902272_n.jpg

While police know he may have changed his clothing by now, there is still a chance he could be seen wearing those.

[...]

JUL 16, 2019
Man reported missing in Nebraska may be in Wyoming - Casper,WY Oil City News
[...]

A Casper citizen says she thinks she saw Chance Englebert at the East Side Walmart at about 6 pm on Friday, July 12 and told the Gering Police Department

Gering PD Officer Shawn West said that Walmart was rechecking their video surveillance from Friday to try to confirm whether it was Englebert.
[...]

I don't remember if Chance's missing Facebook page has been posted yet, so I'll post it again:
Help Find Chance Englebert

Today (Jul 15), a post by Chance's mother about trying to pay a bill for Chance over the phone, has been reposted to the Help Find Chance Englebert page.

Look in the replies to comments under the original post to see what Chance's mother has now learned about this Walmart sighting of Chase.

I don't remember if Chance's missing Facebook page has been posted yet, so I'll post it again:

Today (Jul 15), a post by Chance's mother about trying to pay a bill for Chance over the phone, has been reposted to the Help Find Chance Englebert page.

Look in the replies to comments under the original post to see what Chance's mother has now learned about this Walmart sighting of Chase.
I’m not seeing anything at all about the sighting. Can you say the date of the post you’re referencing?

Is the reply still there? I can't see anything about that on the original post, just lots of replies saying they are praying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500