Found Safe OH - Barbara Raines & 2 Babies, Middletown, *Husband Threatened Her* 12 July 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[...]

“We got a call from her husband saying he was going to take her and kill her and then take his own life," said Conley.

Conley says her sister lives in Middletown, and when she couldn’t get in touch with her, she called police to do a welfare check. But when they arrived she was already gone, along with her 2-month-old and 22-month-old babies.

“The neighbor saw her being forcefully put in a car and he grabbed her by the head of her hair and the neighbor said it looked like her head hit the door because he was swinging her in the car and he put the kids in the back and drove off," said Conley.

Conley says she hasn’t heard from her sister since Friday and is worried that she is in danger. She says her phone is off and her Facebook account was deactivated.

“I’m concerned for the children she left out of the house with no formula, no diapers. She’s a good mother, so she would never do that willingly," said Conley.

Conley is pleading for the public to help. She is asking if anyone sees her sister or her estranged husband to call police immediately. Conley says that her brother-in-law drives a new red Toyota Corolla.

More at link: Family worried Middletown woman may have been abducted by estranged husband

BBM. The article also says there is a warrant out for Clayton Raines for felonious assault for running over his brother with his car on July 12th.

This thread is strangely short. A mom and her two babies abducted by a violent man and there's no news about it? This is just horrifying.

ETA: From the phrasing in the article, it sounds like the police made a welfare check when the victim's sister called them. Why in the world didn't the neighbor call 911 when he saw the victim and her two babies being abducted??!

From several years back - CR and his brother crashed after a police chase:
2 suspects injured after chase, crash

Another potential CR of Ohio story?
Suspect in Manchester and Maysville crimes arrested | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

Source of mugshot in the article about the missing woman and kids:
Clayton Raines Mugshot 176480858 - Clayton Raines Arrest - Adams County, OH - Booked for ENGAGE CORRUPT ACTS

Wonder if the CR of Ohio mentioned as the uncle of the victim in the case at this link is the same one:
http://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/14a0301p-06.pdf

Suspect in Manchester and Maysville crimes arrested | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

Clayton Raines Mugshot 176480858 - Clayton Raines Arrest - Adams County, OH - Booked for ENGAGE CORRUPT ACTS

Wonder if the CR of Ohio mentioned as the uncle of the victim in the case at this link is the same one:
Geez Louise! This guy is dangerous.They should put out the lic. number on the tags.It has been 4 days and not much news.They had to appear on camera somewhere, they had no diapers, formula.

Wouldn't this qualify for an AA? There’s a witness who saw what appears to be an abduction, there’s a known vehicle, and a woman and babies who could be in danger and a known perp.

—-

Why hasn't this agency issued an AA in conjunction with local law enforcement? https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law-Enforcement/Bureau-of-Criminal-Investigation

Ohio.gov
Amber Alerts
I was thinking same on the AA.This guy did not want to go back to jail reason he wanted charges dropped from brother, he has priors.Was he on probation?

I was thinking same on the AA.This guy did not want to go back to jail reason he wanted charges dropped from brother, he has priors.Was he on probation?

Yeah usually when usually people ask “Why isn’t there an AA?”, we are able to respond with the usual post of “AA Requirements/Criteria” to explain why it doesn’t qualify—unless I’m missing something, this clearly qualifies, imo.

(Woops sorry for double post)

Clayton Audie Raines' FB page:

Audie Raines

Per his FB he lists “Cincinatti” as his hometown and is an Operation Supervisor/Inplant Ink Technician six e April 29, 2019.

His profile pictures are also of him holding the little baby and fishing with the two little kids.

This guy needs to be put away for a long time and away from the children.

Cuffem, cuffem!

Maybe LE is not wanting to put too much pressure on the guy so he does not act out in rage. By that I mean not putting out an all out man hunt, he could be armed.
In regards to the AA.

That thought crossed my mind as well, cuffem, but isn’t this always the risk anytime an AA is issued? I think LE usually airs on the side of putting the word out, despite this risk.

I agree there perhaps is some reason/strategy here as to why no AA.

—-

Nothing here / FB (active):
Middletown Division of Police

—-

From 2nd link above:

“On March 25 (8 years ago) Raines allegedly participated in a home invasion on Sunny View Drive, in Manchester, with a weapon, Troutman said.“

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle