Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds promising for them being able to determine COD and gather forensic evidence from the body. That's good news.

Surely the dogs would have picked her scent up if she was buried there early on. There is no way they wouldn't have especially if it was shallow.

We've seen dogs miss bodies that were not buried at all. It's totally possible they simply missed her.

It also looks like the lawn was very well taken care of, not overgrown with well kept grass. It's a big yard and I think it just depends on exactly where she was found, who mows the yard? I mean it's likely DS mowed it since he was living at home. I can't imagine he would have put her in a place with a lot of traffic but then only dug 19 inches? From all accounts his parents seem like good, decent people. Who wants to think your child is capable of that? I'm sure they smelled it before they reported it, maybe initially thought a dead deer, coyote or something in the field behind them. Then the time finally comes and it reached the point you simply have to face facts. Notice they did NOT dig or disturb anything to try and find out what the smell was. I think deep down they knew but again who wants to believe that about their own child?. We had a rancid smell in our barn and my grandfather tore that barn apart looking for what was causing the smell. A cat had crawled up in the hay baler and got killed, now none of us were suspects in a disappearance but he didn't call an attorney he started looking for what was causing it. IMO this was not premeditated, and I think they are waiting for toxicology to charge him with murder, JMO. He has nothing in his past and no one has come forward to say he was a person with a violent history. Doesn't mean he isn't capable of it, I just will be interested to see how the evidence plays out and the autopsy comes back. The fact they only found a small speck of blood on a closet door that had to be found with a chemical is interesting as well. A violent murder would seem to leave more of a mess and we've established he isn't the brightest at hiding evidence. All of course JMO, thinking out loud
Well its easy to discount a speck of blood, but we have no idea how much was there before he wiped it away. I suspect that there was enough blood to merit buying a replacement rug. Regardless, even one speck of blood tells us enough. People don't go around bleeding all over the place. Something happened that caused her to bleed and Sparks felt guilty enough about it to cover up any trace that she was there and bury the body in his parents yard. I cannot think of a single scenario that would cause him to act this way beyond the obvious.

I apologize if its already been Has it discussed, but does anyone recall if Sparks was currently employed at the time of his arrest following the discovery of SS's body at his parents? Was he employeed at the time SS went missing? If so what did he/what does he do for work? T.I.A.

In one of the early news reports, the police chief reported that Savannah left the lounge with 3 men, and that these men had been identified (but names not released). He also said that authorities had no facts that led them to believe Savannah knew any of them, but that they knew one another.

I also recall reading that the 3 men worked together, but I've never seen this confirmed and/or where they were employed. Sorry I couldn't provide you the specifics.

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock

Yes, that weirded me out, I can only imagine how she feels right now. Maybe he was just kind fishing, to see if she'd mention anyone seeing him out there, either of those two days. Hoping she'd mention it, if so.
If I were the sister, and he called me about the rug, my natural response would be, “Why, what’s wrong with the rug?” It’d have to be something pretty bad for a person (ok, a younger man) to even care about replacing a rug.

David Sparks, 23, was charged with abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering after Spurlock’s body was discovered just before midnight Wednesday on his parents’ property on Fall Lick Road, according to police and court records. Sparks was living with his parents by the time she was found, Chavies said.

[...]

Sparks’ father had his attorney contact police after he smelled something on the property, Chavies said during Monday’s hearing in Garrard County.

Police had searched the Fall Lick Road property at least once previously, state police said Thursday.

Spurlock’s body was buried in a grave that was 19 inches deep at its deepest point, Chavies testified Monday.

[...]

Sparks had previously told police that Spurlock went with him and two other men to his home at the time on Price Court in Lancaster in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, Chavies testified. Sparks said that the other two men left the home and Spurlock slept in Sparks’ bed while he slept on the couch, Chavies said.

[...]

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court on Jan. 10, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

[...]

During an April 2 search of the Price Court house, investigators found a bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home.

[...]

Chavies testified that Sparks had visited his parents’ home on Fall Lick Road — where Spurlock’s remains were eventually found — on the evening of Jan. 4 for about two hours. That was less than a day after Spurlock was last seen. Sparks returned to the Fall Lick Road in the early morning hours of Jan. 5.

bbm

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

I believe SS body was at the Fall Lick Road residence within hours of her death.

I believe DS probably prepared the burial or concealment area on Jan 4, and deposited SS in the ground during the early morning hours of Jan 5.

MOO

So the same gray rug found with Savannah was actually seen in DS's home on January 10th by investigators?

Tia!

Imo

Body of missing mom found in shallow grave, bound with shipping tape on suspect’s property

July 17, 2019

Savannah Spurlock’s naked body, her feet bound with shipping tape, was found within multiple trash bags in a shallow grave in Garrard County, Kentucky, according to officers who testified Monday at a preliminary hearing.

David Sparks was arrested last week following the discovery of Spurlock’s remains on his parents’ property and his current home. A not guilty plea was entered on Sparks’ behalf Thursday afternoon, WLEX reported.

Read more: Body of missing mom found in shallow grave, bound with shipping tape on suspect’s property

In one of the early news reports, the police chief reported that Savannah left the lounge with 3 men, and that these men had been identified (but names not released). He also said that authorities had no facts that led them to believe Savannah knew any of them, but that they knew one another.

I also recall reading that the 3 men worked together, but I've never seen this confirmed and/or where they were employed. Sorry I couldn't provide you the specifics.

Kentucky police identify men last seen with missing young mother Savannah Spurlock
Not really sure what you are getting at? Yes she left the bar with three men. Yes, I'm fairly certain they knew each other as well, why else would they leave together? The other two guys have not been named because police have determined that they had nothing to do with it, other than the fact that they were there. Its been said numerous times that they both left, so I'm sure their stories match and there movements have been verified, likely by tracking their phones.

I think its pretty clear that LE only suspected Sparks and that his name wasn't protected in and effort to put pressure on him.

Well its easy to discount a speck of blood, but we have no idea how much was there before he wiped it away. I suspect that there was enough blood to merit buying a replacement rug. Regardless, even one speck of blood tells us enough. People don't go around bleeding all over the place. Something happened that caused her to bleed and Sparks felt guilty enough about it to cover up any trace that she was there and bury the body in his parents yard. I cannot think of a single scenario that would cause him to act this way beyond the obvious.

One thing re Blood , She just had twins a month earlier , I don't know about ya'll but I bled horribly for at least 6 weeks might have been longer with a single baby, just a thought

I was looking for a Media thread for Savannah's case, but didn't see one. Am I missing it somewhere or I'm correct in that it hasn't been created yet?
No - I had offered a few days ago to create one and I may go ahead and do that - I have some time today. I like to do it chronological - starting with the first reports and it takes time as I go through every thread so if others can hold off updating it until I catch up - we can keep it in order.

One thing re Blood , She just had twins a month earlier , I don't know about ya'll but I bled horribly for at least 6 weeks might have been longer with a single baby, just a thought
Fair enough, but how might that blood have gotten on a door? And, if Savannah had experience continued bleeding, I doubt that she would have been up for a night of partying.

Why do you say that? I'd bet the farm that the original rug left his home with Savannah on the 5th and was the one buried with her. The replacement was just that, a replacement.

I’m agreeing with you. The rug LE saw on the 10th in the house was a replacement, i.e. a new one.
“During Monday’s testimony, Chavies said Sparks had texted his sister on Jan. 4 to ask her where she bought a rug because he wanted to buy another one.”

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html#storylink=cpy

No - I had offered a few days ago to create one and I may go ahead and do that - I have some time today. I like to do it chronological - starting with the first reports and it takes time as I go through every thread so if others can hold off updating it until I catch up - we can keep it in order.

Bless your heart, oviedo. You are appreciated.

Fair enough, but how might that blood have gotten on a door? And, if Savannah had experience continued bleeding, I doubt that she would have been up for a night of partying.
well not to be graphic but I was a mess and after a few weeks you learn to deal with it but, Im wondering if he tried to rape her and didn't realize what was going on down there , I remember I would take my clothes off right at the tub and still had blood all over the place , I know it depends on the person but that could account for the Rug easily ....my question also is why naked ...or he could have raped her and THEN she started bleeding or even died at that point , I'm sure he did the worst, not trying to justify, just thinking of things he might try to say.

Because he wanted an identical one in case someone noticed the old one was gone and asked why?
i am thinking the sister is the one who gave him the original rug and if she came over to visit , would wonder why it was gone ? but she had to be wondering why he told her he wanted another one just like it ?? either way she would have known something was fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288