Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That city council were dummies for having dummy cameras in the first place. How Ridiculous when you can get them so cheap. Everyone knows bad stuff happens in parks. LE could have had some answers quickly if these politicians weren’t so cheap with tax payers money. I can guarantee they make good salaries and retirement benefits. Better late then never.

I commend KL’s friends for everything their doing. Amazing friends.
Completely agree that there’s no excuse for cameras not being everywhere these days! Classrooms, parks, street corners!

SLC council members though only make 36K- 26K 1.5 yrs ago. Some city/ county commissioners are volunteer. No retirement or other bennies. It’s a thankless exhausting time intense job filled with controversial decisions that usually piss someone off somewhere. My guess is that cameras were never funded because no person or department had requested it before. MOO
Salt Lake City councilmembers raise their pay by $10,000 each in unanimous vote

This is true. But IIRC, when police went to try and get ML's phone records (because her parents didn't have access/she had her own plan/she kept her passwords to herself), they got her actual phone records (and then closed in on AA fairly quickly). They would not have had immediately access to what apps were on her phone. They would not even know what apps were on her phone unless they had access to her google or apple account information (even then, most people's apps would not show up - you'd need the actual phone). Instagram, obviously, is linked to FB. AFAIK, it was when they looked at AA's phone that they saw (what they knew from a simple SM search) to be her Tinder pictures. THey would have needed a separate warrant to access all her other apps (by now they've probably done that).

I watched the movie “ Searching” this week...it’s about a father desperately trying to find his missing daughter through her digital footprint...contacting online friends, looking at her videos, photos,
Hacking password accounts. The reviews called it -culturally relevant-
The absolute chilling part ( to me) is what you think (as you sleuth )
can be deceiving.

I can remember at a place I worked at that was broken into quite a few times in my almost 6 years there, one of the higher ups said he was advised by LE to put in some dummy cameras. I said what! That was almost 20 years ago. smh on the park cameras. Buy real cameras. They are cheap now!

(O/T, not sure if you guys have seen the latest developments in Savannah Spurlock’s case, perhaps this has been mentioned, but wow, her perp and AA seem to definitely be cut from the same cloth. Savannah was found bound as well.

Sick monsters that walk amongst us. Truly chilling.)
—-

That was a good movie!

(I actually started a thread on that movie to recommend it, here is the thread link with the trailer, etc., for anyone interested:

WS Link:
Movie “Searching”)

Last edited:
Yeah until LE clarifies otherwise, I am assuming them saying "texting" as opposed to "messaging" means a literal text message.

MOO younger people use DM (direct message) mode to communicate by texts within their preferred apps. Like private messaging here. So it is texts, but not through the phone service.

I think it's pretty clear they were actually texting. LE made the connection immediately as soon as they got her phone records. Messaging through apps would have taken much longer to sort out and identify him. Plus, many of us use apps to text with fake numbers and those would also take longer to sort out.

^^bbm
Did I miss it confirmed somewhere that ML and AA had a sorority friend in common? Please share link and also add to media thread. Thanks!

ETA: Or is this speculation?

Someone said he had venmo connections with someone connected with her. I looked at his venmo but didn't try to figure out connections. He didn't have that many people he was connected with on venmo and it didn't seem to me they were students. Interestingly, he had just spent money with a contractor for an aquarium that I'm guessing was built into the wall. He clearly was spending money on the house and it seems odd considering his income.

It could be as simple as getting a bite to eat-does Utah have diners? They could have been friends, or more than friends. There are plenty of instances where young, and old, people make bad choices with the company they choose to keep. People can be very naive when it comes to danger signs. Myself included. I don’t think anyone expects to be murdered by an acquaintance of any type.

Utah does have some 24-hour diners and there would have been some options heading north on I-15. Those options North on I-15 would have been less sketchy than the ones closer to downtown and the airport that time of day. In my theory, they weren't planning to go from hatch Park to his house but rather to some other place such as one of those diners and they agreed to meet there because he was already in Davis or Weber County and suggested a place in the middle. But, by 3 a.m., her flight had been delayed and the luggage had taken a long time so they decided to just go home.

Personally, I'm skeptical that he had planned to kill her when he met at the park since he left so much evidence my meeting at the park. I think he exploded later and then tried to cover his tracks. Of course, that doesn't change this from aggravated murder and premeditation doesn't mean he had planned this before 3 a.m.

If the evidence shows AA killed her,
burned her, buried her, the following is true: It does not matter
which person arranged the meeting details. In the same vein, it does not matter if Kenzie was a SB, a waitress at IHOP, or a kindergarten
teacher. This is about the slaughter
of a young woman. Period!

What a great post iamcurious.:):):)
I hope we all remember this.

I think cameras are great. I do not think a working camera would have changed the outcome this time. I think a working camera would have shown a adult willingly getting out of a lyft and getting into another car and the car leaving. in the time it would have taken to figure out she was missing and retrieve the video I don't think anything would have changed her outcome. they might have helped identify what car sooner.

I think cameras are great. I do not think a working camera would have changed the outcome this time. I think a working camera would have shown a adult willingly getting out of a lyft and getting into another car and the car leaving. in the time it would have taken to figure out she was missing and retrieve the video I don't think anything would have changed her outcome. they might have helped identify what car sooner.

They would have at least saved the poor Lyft driver from all his harassment.

This was talked about at the NSL meeting (see previous links from the thread). I don't think anyone thinks the cameras would have saved her. But it could have potentially aided the investigation and caught something that would have led them to AA quicker or moved things along at a quicker pace due to footage. It's unsettling how many of these horrible things happen at parks.

I don't know why anyone thinks they have any privacy on the street or even inside their own home if they are on anything web based, a phone, tablet, computer, printer, TV, game console, etc. To me, to believe that these days is to live in an insular and naive bubble.

As for cameras, though, one can go back 100 years and a poor bear may have no privacy and someone could still possibly come across a bear ______ in the buckwheat and see him :eek:. One should always assume once you are out your front door and off your own property at minimum since the beginning of time, you better assume someone might see anything you do so I see no problem with cameras in public. Others have homes and yards and can hike, walk, shop, drive, etc., why would one presume privacy when outside? There may have been more of it when a smaller population but one has never been able to count on it...

If it helps solve or deter crime, why not put the cameras up imo. Homeowners can put them on their own property, even if LE or a city does not.

I am no fan of our privacy and rights invaded or taken away, but as for cameras or at least where they already SAY there are cameras/surveillance, like Hatch Park in this case, there should be real cameras, imo. And once you step out your front door and off your property at minimum, again other people can drive, walk and go out in the real world too so one should never assume anything is private--you can try for privacy and less risk in certain locations but it is not guaranteed--it never has been since the dawning of time long before the existence of cameras.

Now if one wants to talk about privacy invasion in your home, that is another thing altogether and should be the bigger concern as to rights that are being invaded.

I agree that cameras would not have saved her but they may have shown who shut off the phone, if she handed him the phone, if she willingly entered the car, what car he was driving, etc. LE may know some of these things anyway but without camera footage, I would guess any info comes from the Lyft driver, the perp himself (who I would not believe) or supposition... Camera evidence would be better.

I am a proponent of bring on the cameras. I am no Walmart fan but their cameras have helped crack many a crime and abduction and I am totally for that.

Kudos to her friends for seeing to it real cameras are installed.

Imo.

I think it's pretty clear they were actually texting. LE made the connection immediately as soon as they got her phone records. Messaging through apps would have taken much longer to sort out and identify him. Plus, many of us use apps to text with fake numbers and those would also take longer to sort out.

Someone said he had venmo connections with someone connected with her. I looked at his venmo but didn't try to figure out connections. He didn't have that many people he was connected with on venmo and it didn't seem to me they were students. Interestingly, he had just spent money with a contractor for an aquarium that I'm guessing was built into the wall. He clearly was spending money on the house and it seems odd considering his income.

Utah does have some 24-hour diners and there would have been some options heading north on I-15. Those options North on I-15 would have been less sketchy than the ones closer to downtown and the airport that time of day. In my theory, they weren't planning to go from hatch Park to his house but rather to some other place such as one of those diners and they agreed to meet there because he was already in Davis or Weber County and suggested a place in the middle. But, by 3 a.m., her flight had been delayed and the luggage had taken a long time so they decided to just go home.

Personally, I'm skeptical that he had planned to kill her when he met at the park since he left so much evidence my meeting at the park. I think he exploded later and then tried to cover his tracks. Of course, that doesn't change this from aggravated murder and premeditation doesn't mean he had planned this before 3 a.m.

He dated one of her former coworkers, briefly, around 3 years ago. He had venmo transactions w this person. The person was a coworker w ML long after she dated AA. So it was all coincidental.

I'm really shocked that a homeless person hasn't stolen his amazon bed and set it up along the jordan river - or even that it hasn't been stolen in general. Front porch package theft is a pretty common thing in SLC. Maybe the box is really heavy? It's still sitting in his driveway.

I’m sorry if it seemed that I was implying that Kenzie did anything to deserve this. That’s very different than Kenzie having been willing to meet up with him that night.

Here’s an example of what I mean: say I go meet up with my friend John Doe to have a drink sometime after midnight. I am going to meet him of my own free will, because I know him and want to spend time with him.

Then John Doe kills me, and suddenly everyone online is discussing how he clearly had to have coerced me to meet him after midnight for a drink or forced me to do it somehow, or blackmailed me. When the reality is, I just met up with my friend to have a drink. It doesn’t mean I deserve to be killed, but it can also be a fact that I voluntarily met up with him and that doesn’t mean I did anything wrong.

I’m bothered by the constant assertions that Kenzie had to have been forced outside of her own will to meet up with AA that night. Maybe she was, but it is just as likely that she knew him and trusted him enough to go hang out with him. And if she did, there’s nothing wrong with her choice to do so. It only went wrong because of HIS actions once they were together.

I just want people to see that it can actually be just fine for a grown woman to choose to meet up with a man at any time of day, and that it doesn’t have to mean she was forced to be there, and it doesn’t have to mean she was dumb or trashy and made bad decisions. Does that make sense?

I want people to be more open minded, I guess. I think some people feel that if they believe Kenzie chose to meet up with him voluntarily then that means they are blaming the victim, but that’s not what it is at all. Both things can exist: she made a choice to meet him, and she is still blameless in the end result, because she had no way of knowing what evil awaited her.

Obviously no one knows yet what happened. Maybe he did coerce her somehow.

I literally have not seen one single post about ML being "forced outside of her will" to meet up. It's obvious she met on her own free will, because she paid for the Lyft ride and gave the direction to the location to be dropped off. No one was holding her hostage, at that point.

What everyone is wondering is why the late meeting in the park and not just his house? Or why didn't he just pick her up at the airport? This leads to thoughts that he didn't want his home to be easily tracked down via his own license plate or through a Lyft driver's digital records.

We also know that AA is very generous with expanding the truth to fit his needs. To put it bluntly, he lies. Frequently. Thankfully LE has the texts that may explain the meeting. This digital footprint is how they came in contact with him in the first place. They know. We are speculating. Hopefully with some logic.

She obviously trusted AA to leave her Lyft vehicle and get into his car that night. She didn't appear distressed according to the Lyft driver. Did they know each other from previous meetings? Possibly and I would leans towards yes. There was a lot of trust involved in this meeting. Another person she knows had apparently stated he had a "bad feeling" about AA. But I guess a lot of schmoozing and lying could also do the trick. We simply don't have enough info.

I also think the meeting place was his idea. He lived across the street from the park two years prior. The park was intimately familiar with him. It was his old turf. And it was less than a 10 minute drive to his new house. To me, it makes sense for him to arrange that specific meeting place. Not so much for her to do so. I think he lied about something to get her to go to this place.

The initial motive, whether it was murder or not, isn't what I'm talking about either. So what happened after they got to his house is anyone's guess. But the end result is the murder of a woman that had a very bright future and was loved by many people.

Last edited:
Regarding the 3 a.m. meeting in the park, one thing that occurred to me is that perhaps they had an arrangement for something earlier in the week, but she missed it because of her trip home for her grandmother's funeral, and he insisted that she see him as soon as she returned.

MOO the most likely reason for anyone to meet anyone at 3am after a flight would be if they had a relationship already.
But meeting a person you have a relationship with at a park at 3AM makes no sense.
She put her own suitcase in his car. That is really casual, not indicating any level of personal care or excitement for her or at seeing her, as any normal friend, man or woman would probably pop out of the car and either help or stand there while she got the case in the trunk.
She is apparently comfortable with this lack of greeting and help, she expects no more.

Last edited:
I literally have not seen one single post about ML being "forced outside of her will" to meet up. It's obvious she met on her own free will, because she paid for the Lyft ride and gave the direction to the location to be dropped off. No one was holding her hostage, at that point.

What everyone is wondering is why the late meeting in the park and not just his house? Or why didn't he just pick her up at the airport? This leads to thoughts that he didn't want his home to be easily tracked down via his own license plate or through a Lyft driver's digital records.

We also know that AA is very generous with expanding the truth to fit his needs. To put it bluntly, he lies. Frequently. Thankfully LE has the texts that may explain the meeting. This digital footprint is how they came in contact with him in the first place. They know. We are speculating. Hopefully with some logic.

She obviously trusted AA to leave her Lyft vehicle and get into his car that night. She didn't appear distressed according to the Lyft driver. Did they know each other from previous meetings? Possibly and I would leans towards yes. There was a lot of trust involved in this meeting. Another person she knows had apparently stated he had a "bad feeling" about AA. But I guess a lot of schmoozing and lying could also do the trick. We simply don't have enough info.

I also think the meeting place was his idea. He lived across the street from the park two years prior. The park was intimately familiar with him. It was his old turf. And it was less than a 10 minute drive to his new house. To me, it makes sense for him to arrange that specific meeting place. Not so much for her to do so. I think he lied about something to get her to go to this place.

The initial motive, whether it was murder or not, isn't what I'm talking about either. So what happened after they got to his house is anyone's guess. But the end result is the murder of a woman that had a very bright future and was loved by many people.

There have been several posts, although not a lot, where people speculated that he might have ‘blackmailed’ her into meeting him. I guess you missed those? As I see it, that theory would be extremely unlikely, with not a shred of evidence in its favor, and at least one bit of evidence against it. (The Lyft driver’s description of her demeanor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23